prairiecrow

NaNoWriMo

664 words, INCLUDING the title page and enters and first chapter heading. I definitely won't be moving along with the first few chapters very well, for me it's really, really, REALLY painful to write them.

Haven't looked at the total wordcount yet, but I got 2,030 yesterday and so far I have 1,763 today. I'd like to hit 2k today, too.

Why do I keep accidentally going back and forth between past and present tense? I don't think I've *ever* written a story in present tense before. But something about this story... I don't know.

So far I've had an awesome scene with a character strangling someone with a bicycle chain, and I'm in the middle of the scene where a character finds out the other character's secret. And gets pissed.

I just got past 4k. Moving pree good. smile.gif Fourth year doing it, so I am not doing too bad, I think.

Stopping at 7,800 words for now to take a rest. I have to get to 15k before the day is over with. And chances are my script will end there, too. 6_6

Holy crap, Zov.

Didn't get to write anything yesterday. Drat. Time to make up for it...

I've actually decided to try NaNoWriMo this year (after many years of others trying to make me try it, lol... I believe 2008 was the first year someone tried to make me try it)... This far I've only written 7311 words... My goal for yesterday was to write part two of my story, but apparently that was a bit too much to ask from myself (I'm honestly far from done with it)... Oh well, at least I might be able to write 50 000 words. And I think that I won't be sad if I don't make it, after all, it's my first time doing something like this. :3

Managed to get myself past 4k tonight. Though technically today is the third day, I'm personally counting it as part of the 2k for yesterday the 2nd. So after I wake up later today, I'll put in another 2k.

Phew.

I have 4.5 k...only 500 more words to write....

scratch that, 1500. Dang.

Edited by klinneah

10k. I was in the car pretty much all day I could only get 2k out sob

Now to write 5k before midnight. And then another 5k. *collapses*

I got my first plothole. Already. MC is tied to a table, bad person looks away for a moment, MC runs. .... While tied to a table. The table is *not* that light.

I got my first plothole. Already. MC is tied to a table, bad person looks away for a moment, MC runs. .... While tied to a table. The table is *not* that light.

jhgvc that gave me some much needed laughter, thank you. Um. Maybe the villain was never a boy scout?

I can't write until I solve this HUGE plot hole so yeah. 6_6

Though it pains me, I have to drop,out for this year. My Bar Mitzvah is the first of next month, and I need to focus my time on preparing. I might still do it as a personal thing some other month.

Finally started today. Got out 5180 in less than two hours, making it ahead of where I needed to be for day 3. Forgot I needed to create the novel first. Submitted my word count at exactly 12. Stats counted for the 4th day. D|

Went back and changed something and bumped it to 5185.

Should have worked on my lab due Monday instead. Apparently going to town tomorrow because bf is randomly excited to meet a friend's gf. >_e

Bahahahaha. Burst of adrenaline? =p Or really good at slipping knots?

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Lol, maybe the bad guy didn't know how to properly tie knots? Or maybe MC had a secret tiny knife for situations like these hidden in his belt?

I decided not to write a Doctor Who fanfiction after all and instead try to write a spy thriller. I didn't have time to write anything on Thursday and Friday, but got 3.6k words yesterday and if I get the same amount today, I can catch up.

And I've got a plot hole too... after a little over 3.5k words. A former spy is being followed and finds the body of the person he's supposed to meet. Even though he's being followed, he has enough time to search the body and find out how he was killed. If he's being followed by someone who wants to kill him and steal the briecase he's carrying, he shouldn't have that much time to lose xd.png

I've heard of NaNoWriMo before, when I was looking on WikiHow about how to write a story or or something like that.

Didn't enter it this year(well, never did anyway) but I do love writing. Maybe I'll have a go at it in 2013. Working on a story I did for school, but it's like almost 2000 words long. Pretty sure I'm not gonna do that one, but maybe some other genre, maybe a mystery or sci-fi novel on NaNoWriMo.

One thing I don't understand is why it's in November. A lot of people have school in November, so many people probably don't have the time to write! Mark my words, I'll start next year, for sure. smile.gif

This would be my first year starting NaNoWriMo, after all my writerly Internet friends went crazy over it. Unfortunately, I am currently way behind. Only about 3,000 words, which means I'm going to have to write over 2,000 words a day to catch up and win. How nice.

I've heard of NaNoWriMo before, when I was looking on WikiHow about how to write a story or or something like that.

Didn't enter it this year(well, never did anyway) but I do love writing. Maybe I'll have a go at it in 2013. Working on a story I did for school, but it's like almost 2000 words long. Pretty sure I'm not gonna do that one, but maybe some other genre, maybe a mystery or sci-fi novel on NaNoWriMo.

One thing I don't understand is why it's in November. A lot of people have school in November, so many people probably don't have the time to write! Mark my words, I'll start next year, for sure. smile.gif

Actually, the fact that people have school... or work... is part of the point of having NaNo in November.

The whole idea originally was that people everywhere always say "Gee, I'd love to write a book if only I could find the time." Well, this is challenging those people to find time, to make time.

Get up an hour earlier and write. If you have a free period during school, see if you can sign up for computer time in the library or computer lab or wherever and write, storing your story on a USB drive. Do the same at lunch, and that goes for worker-bees, too. If you don't have computer access, you can write by hand, just keep a word count per page and add the totals as you go along.

I'm not saying things can't come up to stop you, ever, mind. I dropped out last year when I ended up in the hospital three days in. But even with school and homework (or a full-time job if you're out of school) it's possible to find time to write. I won it in 2010 with about 57K words (goal being 50K) while working 60 hours a week. And I'm chugging along nicely this year, too, with 11,350 words as of midnight last night in my time zone. smile.gif

And I'm chugging along nicely this year, too, with 11,350 words as of midnight last night in my time zone. smile.gif

Holy flippin' gods... 11,350 words already!? I can barely write 1,000 a day. O_O You must tell me the secret.

Holy flippin' gods... 11,350 words already!? I can barely write 1,000 a day. O_O You must tell me the secret.

No real secret, I just sit down and write. Although it helps that I'd pretty well been sitting on my hands to keep from starting early this year, lol, I actually did some outlining and other prep work instead of entirely pantsing it this time around, so I had a pretty good idea what I was going to be writing before I started.

I'm sure I'll get stuck at some point, though!

Geez. I'm only at 5,000 so far. I plan on doing another 2k tonight; I've tried to make that my daily quota for Nano this year. Though yesterday was a bit of a fluke because I was so busy x)

I'm at 5300 and I need to get to 8000 by the end of the day just to catch up.

Just smashed through 13k and hit the very end of my script. I'll move on to writing the chapter books soon. :'D So hard to believe I'm done with this already!

No real secret, I just sit down and write. Although it helps that I'd pretty well been sitting on my hands to keep from starting early this year, lol, I actually did some outlining and other prep work instead of entirely pantsing it this time around, so I had a pretty good idea what I was going to be writing before I started.

I'm sure I'll get stuck at some point, though!

Well, you're seriously one of the lucky ones. I just can't sit down and write enough.

Lol. While you were so excited for this, I was in the situation that I needed something to motivate me. I'm seriously starting to get lazy with my writing.

Do you have any tips for annoying inner editors? Mine happens to be extremely aggressive.

Write notes on what to fix. Allow yourself to make a minor edit for every, say, 500 words you write. It's what I do.