prairiecrow

NaNoWriMo

Think I'm gonna go for it this year. No idea what I'm going to write about, though. Maybe I'll just cheat and write a script with prose breaks instead.

Anyone here that I can call on for wordwars in a month?

What's wordwars? o3o Maybe meeee

Wordwars are when two or more people set a time (normally five, ten, fifteen, or thirty minutes) and, when the clock starts, write their hearts out. Whoever comes back by the end of that time with the most words written wins. They have those a lot in the NaNoWriMo chatroom, and they're awesome when it comes to boosting the word count.

... And I enjoy them far too much. 6_9

I think I might try it this year. I've been wanting to for a while, anyway~

I just have to decide on a plot. Too many to choose from, not enough planning.

Wordwars also sound like a lot of fun!

With your username, I am honestly shocked that you haven't done it already. <_>

Agreed with that, though. I honestly might attempt doing a script and a series of short chapter book type stories at the same time.

Wordwars are when two or more people set a time (normally five, ten, fifteen, or thirty minutes) and, when the clock starts, write their hearts out. Whoever comes back by the end of that time with the most words written wins. They have those a lot in the NaNoWriMo chatroom, and they're awesome when it comes to boosting the word count.

... And I enjoy them far too much. 6_9

Oooooh me likey!

I'm doing some planning now, and it just sounds like a bunch of character outlines. xd.png

Awesome, so I do have peeps up for wordwars. Be warned, though, I'll be bugging you guys a good bit when NaNo starts up. I boosted my wordcount by 5k just using those last year. cool.gif

Btw, is anyone here aiming for over/under 50k?

Awesome, so I do have peeps up for wordwars. Be warned, though, I'll be bugging you guys a good bit when NaNo starts up. I boosted my wordcount by 5k just using those last year. cool.gif

Btw, is anyone here aiming for over/under 50k?

If I participate, I'll probable aim for 30k, since I've never written more than 5k. Baby steps. xd.png

But wordwars sound fun biggrin.gif

I'll go for some wordwars, too.

And I always aim for 50K+ in word count. Made it in '10, I think my final count was 53K and change. Dropped out after 3 days last year due to medical problems requiring hospitalization... I didn't own a laptop at the time, and was in too much pain to sit up at my regular computer for any decent amount of time.

But, that's done with, the issue is resolved, and I'm ready to wear out the keyboard again this year.

I'm aiming for 10k. Not much, I know, but I've never written a story that was over 2k.

I just realized it's October and I haven't done any planning. xd.png

The problem is I have too many stories, and I don't have any idea which one I want to work on.

I suppose I could just pick up the story I did a few years back, and try to get 50k continuing it...

I don't have enough planning done to actually write much else, but I kinda wanna do other ones....

Haaaaa... Deciding which to work on is hard. xd.png

^ And that is why I'm going to be doing three at once this year. cool.gif

Good luck with the wordcounts, guys! Writing even 500 words is an accomplishment.

Also, Shadowflame: What time(zone)? I'm normally up at pretty much all hours of the day, so. xd.png

I'm curious-Is anyone planning on using the Traveling Shovel of Death? I think I might. I think I'm going to write a Pokemon fanfic, but I like to look at Pokemon with a little bit of grimdarkness.m|D And a shovel would be an awesome shout out to Pedestal biggrin.gif

If only I was writing the script for my comic instead of my movie. D: A character actually carries a shovel around, it would have been perfect.

Alas, since pretty much everything I'm going to be working on this year is for kids, I won't. 6_9 But it sounds awesome.

In preperation for NaNo, I did a little experiment. I free wrote for ten minutes, and ended up writing 291 words. So, if my math was right (and it probably wasn't), I'll need to write about an hour a day. I guess i could go with an hour less sleep every night. xd.png Of course, I'll probably need to do longer, since a novel requires more thought than a quick free write. xd.png

Oh, November's coming up... I just might try it this year. the prospect kind of scares me though .__.

I've been wanting to write again so I think I'll do it!

Yay, more people!

Oh god I only have 15 days left before it starts and I only have three quarters of a script planned, most of the plot for a series of childrens' books, and the vaguest idea for a novel.

Why did I decide to take on three different projects, again?

I might join in on this. My Creative Writing teacher has been hinting at us to trying this out. I tried figuring out what it would take me to actually to 50k of words though, which is about 2k a day over the entire month. However, I will most likely not work on it everyday (yay lazy me), so even if I write 2k over twenty days, I'll still be able to get around 40k. On a good day, I can write 2k easily in an hour, so if I spend two hours writing like crazy to get 4k, I can reach my goal of 50k in about 13 days. A page of writing on Word in Times New Roman font size 12 is about 500 words per page, so in order to get to the top I would need around 100 pages.

... Yeah, I think I can do this. As long as I don't procrastinate like I usually do and then try to cram it all in during Thanksgiving break, I might be able to get this done.

But first, I got to make an account on the site, don't I? I'll probably get around to doing that... tomorrow. :/

It's 1,667 words a day, btw. ;]

You don't /have/ to make an account on the site, you can just do it yourself. :3 The site is for people who want to chat during it and validate their word counts and so on.

I'm using pages, so if there's a server issue, I don't have to worry.

Yay NaNo! I did it last year, and it was amazing. This year I am "rebelling", and working on continuing what I started last year. Not only that, I have a whole group of friends who participate, and we've managed to talk several other people in to doing it this year. It's going to be a blast.

I'm using pages, so if there's a server issue, I don't have to worry.

You mean for the counting thing? That's why I use Q10. =P

Awesome, Alayajoy! ^^ I wish I could convince more people to join haha.

Nine days left. Anyone have any idea what they're going to be writing?