prairiecrow

NaNoWriMo

Been doing it for five or six years now. For this year I'm using a story I outlined a year and a half ago with a main theme of the inherent subjectivity of good and evil and what it takes to push the protagonist over the metaphorical line between the two. I'm really excited.

Maybe I'll try it out this year. :3

And it's during the month of my birthday! x3 Awesome!

...Although I've never written anything before in my life. lD

Not a hope this year - my first placement is due to start beginning of November.

Starting today...

I hope I can get it done. I mean, I've written 50k stories, but never in one month. Oh well.

Definitely hoping to do it this year. Every year I get a little bit farther...

Hopefully with support I can make it at least a little closer than I was last year.

Oh god I just remembered about this and that I wanted to spend some time this summer plotting out my next story and I haven't done that and summer is like over now.

Well, better get to it!

It sounds tough, but I have an idea of what I want to do. I probably won't finish though. I'll try!

Agh, I want to do it, but I have school in November. dX I'd probably lose anyway, since I've never written anything longer than sixteen pages.

Agh, I want to do it, but I have school in November. dX I'd probably lose anyway, since I've never written anything longer than sixteen pages.

The whole point of NaNo is to ignore those voices in your head saying "I'm too busy" or "I'm not good enough" and to just do! Just give a try and I think you'll be surprised what you can accomplish. :3

So wait...do you just type up a 50,000 word thing, without worrying over mis-spells, improper grammar and such, and then you have a rough draft for a novel? If so that is extremely interesting....

I think I have an idea for an actual novel now.

If that fails, I'm writing a series of short stories/AU scenes from my other novel. =D

Okay, I'm probably going to go for it this year as long as I'm not totally swamped with homework. biggrin.gif I have a vague idea of what I'm gonna do, but I haven't thought a plot yet. xd.png

I'll try it this year. I don't think I can write 50k words because I've never written anything longer than a few pages but I have an idea for a plot.

I have like 8 different plot ideas, none of which are fleshed-out enough to be an actual novel (or hit 50k). I need to do some serious planning.

Geeeeeeeee, this sounds neat! I might as well sign up.

But there are some problems:

a. I'm a lazy person.

b. I have school.

c. I'm a really slow writer and can't get at least five chapters of a short chapter book done within 2 years.

And I'm not exactly in that writing habit that most writers get, so it might be kind of painful for me to have to write that quickly.

I have an idea of what I want to write, and I think for October I'm going to start finding time to set aside for reading/writing/planning for NaNo. I don't write nearly enough now and it would be way too hard to go from nothing to almost 2k words a day, so it's time to start exercising the writing muscles.

I'm glad I have a whole writing club here at school for motivation.

Ooh yay, the NaNo thread has been revived? :3

I wasn't going to do NaNo this year because school is already killing me, but I can't not do it so yeah~ let's see how it works out biggrin.gif

Don't be afraid, guys! Just write your heart out for a month. It's very soothing.

Think I'm gonna go for it this year. No idea what I'm going to write about, though. Maybe I'll just cheat and write a script with prose breaks instead.

Anyone here that I can call on for wordwars in a month?

I think I'm gonna try with a Hunger Games parody.

Decided to do something much more creative. I have the plot mapped out. You'll have to wait and see what it's about >8^D-)=(