prairiecrow

NaNoWriMo

I'm doing the July Camp. I wanted to do the April Camp too, but it was a bit too close to deadlines for class assignments and finals.

*waves!*

I'm doing July Camp too, but continuing the novel I worked on for April Camp. Put my wordcount goal at 50k but this novel is already pushing 70k so I'm not sure I'll write that much... Just want to make sure I'm working on it consistently.

Hi!

I do YWP NaNoWriMo--if you're under the age of 18, and you like communities that aren't too overwhelming, it's good. ^-^

I won last NaNoWriMo, but I won't be doing the July Camp NaNo.

Doing July Camp, unfortunately without ANY planning beforehand >.< xd.png

I was freaking out when I saw this thread bumped and saw all these posts about stressing over a wordcount. It only occurred to me to check the dates after a few seconds. =P

im 2 cool 4 july camp

more like i can't think of anything to write sob

Which reminds me, this is probably the right time for me to start prepping for November.

I don't have any planning either xd.png I had thought of writing something else but changed my mind yesterday, so my new project has 0 planning.

I've been hearing about this thing for years, and never thought about actually trying it, but now...maybe I will at least try it this year. November, I mean, not the summer camp. dry.gif

Oh, a CAMP! biggrin.gif That sounds like fun. Maybe I should do the August Camp then. Might be a bit hard since I'm going for an exchange, but if I can downgrade from 50 000 words it could be worth a shot! ^u^

EDIT: Oh daemn, I just remebered I have a comic project that needs to be finished during August for printing. Well, that's it then. Happy writing everyone...

Edited by Crithach

I've been ahead of pace for Camp NaNo so far (I'm only shooting for 30k and had 16.7k as of last night), but today I'm just floundering. Nothing wants to come out right, I've realized I might have to write a scene over 'cause it's out of character, and my muse is bugging me to write that entire story-arc in a different way to see if it's better that way.

Also, I've already written the end. I write out of order anyways, so that's not exactly unusual, but I did *not* expect this ending. This was definitely not where I thought this story would go.

I haven't tried any of the camps but hope to do NaNo this November since I couldn't last year. Been planning this book for the last 3 months and still in the process of finishing all the world-building. Hope I'm done in time..

I might try NaNo this November, but I don't know. I've got school, and pre-calc has been particularly challenging this year. I have no planning done aside from an idea and a loose plot, but I suppose that's okay.

I've tried NaNoWriMo a couple of different years but I could never keep up. Last year, I tried again and go almost half-way (about 22K all though I'd used a novel I'd been working slowly on since the previous Jan.) until school grabbed me away and writer's block proved too strong of an obstacle. This year, I'm going to try fresh and see how far I can get. I'm thinking on planning a few things out like building up character profiles, outlining the main plot, jotting down ideas for subplots, and so forth.

Writer's Block: That horrible annoyance that, during NaNo, you are allowed to crush to bits with anything and everything you've got in your mind. Doesn't have to make sense.

(Seriously, one NaNo I wrote a random 10k about chaos with animals in a barn..... EVERY SINGLE SENTENCE RHYMED. Did it make much sense? No, but it was funny as hell to read outloud!! And I think it make my Writer's Block keel over and die.)

I'm doing NaNo, I do every year. I'm.... completely uncertain what story I'll be working on... The novel I've been concentrating on for most of the year is nearing it's end and certainly doesn't have 50k left.

Hehe that sounds like a fun way to be writer's block x3

Just a few days ago, I started a 100 Themes challenge for a mixture of art and writing. I think I'll use that whenever I'm hitting an obstacle for my story. I'm intending for a minimum of 500 words for every written theme I do. Hopefully it'll be a plan that works for me smile.gif Might also encourage some further character development for my novel and some tidbits might end up finding some way into the 50k count if they work well enough.

Last year, I'd started a novel around early January and ended up carrying it into NaNoWriMo. However, I only got to 22k (as mentioned in my last post). So, this year will be a completely fresh start. I just started planning out who my characters will be and the main plot idea (plus some possible subplot ideas).

Funny enough x3 I used a die to figure out how many Main characters I'd have, how many side characters, and the number of antagonists. Then I flipped a coin to determine gender ratios in each three groups lol.

Now my main plot came rather quickly based on the number of people I have. Both the sides and the antags are equal number. Ended up generating an idea of elemental beings and the elements of the world being out of balance. The mains are to be some replacements for the beings that are dying/have died.

Of course, this is all skeletal ideas and I'll be in search of some advice/tidbits/ideas to help expand and build my novel. Last time, I had no planning; I've never been able to write well with an initial plan. I'm the writer who doesn't think when writing |D

I'll try to do something this year too. I'm going to rewrite what I had last year and see if I can write over 10 k. I'm really bad at writing long stories xd.png

No NaNoWriMo for me this year! Unfortunately. =( I'm not in the mood to write anything and I hate the seat of your pants method. Good luck to all who participate, new and old alike!

Gaaaaah, definitely going to try this year! I made the (potential) mistake of agreeing to co-run the church Christmas play this year, AND I have a relatively busy work schedule in November, AND I'm kind of having a baby so there's a bunch of doctor's visits and birthing classes, but I'm going to try anyway. I'd like to write a sequel to the novel I wrote the first time around, since those were some characters that I really loved. We'll see what happens.

I'm so joining NaNoWriMo this year! Im a part of the young writers program, so lucky for me I only have to write 30,000 by default.

I entered last year and competed with some of my classmates. It's so much fun! ^^

I am very very tempted to do this, but I'm not sure if I should. I am in my senior year of high school, and I am in 5 AP classes along with 3 other collegiate classes. I have to focus on my school work, and I'm not sure if I can juggle keeping up my grades and writing a full novel at the same time-- at least not in one month.

I might give it a try regardless. I wrote a book once when I was very little, and I looked back on it and I realized how bad it was and deleted it. Haha.

I am more of a poet than a writer of prose, so I'm thinking of writing my novel in a very poetic style while still keeping it as "prose."

Wish me luck!

NaNo! <3

Found out about it four years ago and started as soon as I heard about it. Won all three years (even last year when I came down with swine flu and didn't write for half the month x3) and am hoping to do so this year, too. I may end up using Write or Die again (it's what seriously saved me last year) but I'll probably start out not using it, since I have no idea what I want to write yet. Ah well, still have a bit of time to think about it. :3

I'll post my profile link later and buddy people then. :3

OHMYGERD OHMYDERD OHMYGERD! *flips out* SOCK YOU DO NANO?!? I DO TOO! I AM OWLFLIGHT ON IT!

I participated the past two years (and won both times biggrin.gif) so I am absolutely planning on trying this year as well. I'm starting to get an idea of what I want to write, but I still have a heap of unanswered questions (I really got more questions than anything else at this point), so I have a lot of thinking and planning ahead of me before I'll be ready!

Edited by Nimrodel

I'm doing NaNo again this year too. It'll be my fourth year.

I'm planning to finish the novel I started last year... I might have "won" NaNo, but the book itself isn't more than half done yet, so maybe this will get me off my butt and the novel finally finished.

There's actually a group here in Nassau for it, so I'm thinking about it this year. No idea what to write, though.

I'm going to attempt it again this year, as I do every year. Not sure if I will be able to actually complete a satisfying goal, since my life is actually really busy this time of the year. Luckily I have most of the story line planned out already. NowIwill just have to see if I will be able to find time when it starts.