prairiecrow

NaNoWriMo

I'd love to, but the only write-in listed in the NaNo page for my country is several hours away from my town. Are write-outs something like normal meetings? My region doesn't even have an ML xd.png

Around here, write-outs are writing get-togethers organized by non-MLs, usually at libraries and coffee shops. We're having two of them a week in my home city, in addition to the official weekly write-ins.

In other news... SCRIVENER!!! I officially LOVE YOU and WANT TO HAVE YOUR DATA-BABIES, because even though I was an idiot and saved over the current version of my NaNo novel with an older version, thus losing 2000+ words, YOU BACK YOURSELF UP REGULARLY and it only took me five minutes to figure out how to restore from a backup, thus regaining all my hard work! BLESS YOUUUUUUUU, YOU GORGEOUS HUNK OF PROGRAMMING! *passionate kisses of gratitude*

Current Word Count: 14618

I don't think I'm doing too bad :3

Word count for the 10th: 19274

Edited by Shadowwolf6

You're roughly 1,000 words ahead of me presently x3 I'm so far have been able to keep up fairly well and I'm hoping to get ahead of the curve this weekend along with getting some homework and an art request done x.x So much to do! Saturday's gonna have to be my buffer and on Sunday, when visiting my significant other before work, I'm hoping he'll be okay with me writing for a bit.

I'm never able to go to the write-ins where I live. They're mostly during my class hours or at a stranger's house on the weekend and I'm not fond of going to a stranger's house without my mom or dad around for familiar faces .-.

I am doing really well, I just passed 40k biggrin.gif This is my third time participating, and I've not made it this far this early before

Word count: 0.

I swear, I WILL start today >_>

*Whines* I am soooooo far behind and getting farther behind every day! Just.... depression kicking my butt bigtime. Plus, I think I was wrong to attempt a NaNo doing a sequel, with characters I already know and care about, and I want to get everything *right*..... So no crazy-random wordpadding for me.

It's good to know I'm not the only writer who's having their depression screw their wordcount to hell and back--I just broke 2000.

Though I mad the mistake of running with an idea I came up with roughly a week before NaNo and I didn't even have a species or description or name for my MC until I started writing.

@_@

Totally distracted this year and didn't even realize November 1st had passed. I really wanted to try this year. *falls over*

It isn't too late! I just started last night. I'm only at 1200ish words, but I think I can catch up. I'm sure you can too! Don't give up!

Welp, gave up. Family trauma atm, and too sad to write.

Coming a little late to the game. I've only started today with an idea that currently has no direction and is mealy named 'Frankie' after it's main character.

Wish me luck!

And I'm very sorry to hear that, Pie. I wish to gift you with my best wishes. *hugs*

I fell a day behind and only just reached yesterday's goal .-. Trying to get today's goal done in the next hour and a half before curfew but I have to call work to see when I'm scheduled next. I had tried earlier but they had forgotten I was waiting for a response and so I hung up. Trying now and the line's busy x.x

Anyways, I've hit a snag in my writing that's causing me to drag my word count just up to 20,100.

I've been doing it the past... 6 years? 7 maybe? I never finish, life always seems to get in the way, but doesn't stop me from trying.

Looking for writing buddies, maybe to get to know some people through here and there.

NaNoWriMo Profile

*Jabs signature*

I reached the 25,000 count early, and I'm pretty glad of it >.<

I don't know what the write about now o.o

I hope everyone finds inspiration somewhere, whether it be in everyday life or somewhere else entirely :3

Edited by Shadowwolf6

I passed 7k last night. I'm no longer trying to win NaNo, I'm just not motivated enough to do the flaily-crazy catch-up it would require. But I *am* happy with what I'm writing, I've gotten some awesome sweet romantic scenes plus a couple tense serious scenes so far.

I just killed off one of my characters and it was so fun o.o

I feel so mean now.

My 15 year old sis did it last November, but she got stuck, so she didn't get to write a whole novel. sad.gif Oh well, I think she's going to try again this year. smile.gif

I tried it last year, but kept losing computer access, so I didn't hit 50k. I'll definitely try again this year once I've got a story idea, though!

Been doing NaNoWriMo since 2007. Won every year, too. smile.gif Looking forward to this November, although I haven't yet begun plotting my novel (it's the third of the trilogy and has a lot of loose ends to wrap up).

I took a quick look at the site and it looks so tempting I might even join in this November.

Or not. I've been struggling with a novel for months and I'm at 13K words. I will never be able to make it. The sense of failure is too strong. sad.gif

I took a quick look at the site and it looks so tempting I might even join in this November.

Or not. I've been struggling with a novel for months and I'm at 13K words. I will never be able to make it. The sense of failure is too strong.  sad.gif

You could try Camp Nano to practice. It's in April and July and you can put your own word limit. It can be anything as long as it's over 10 k.

Edited by Raistlin24

You could try Camp Nano to practice. It's in April and July and you can put your own word limit. It can be anything as long as it's over 10 k.

Camp Nano???

Camp Nano???

This: http://campnanowrimo.org

It works the same way. You have to write a story, but you can choose to be included in a cabin. There are 11 people other than yourself there and a chat tool. You can also choose not to be included in a cabin (I think that's the default option). It works well if the cabin is active because people can motivate each other.

There's a Camp Nano subforum in the Nano forums, where you can look for cabin mates according to preferences such as time zone, age, genre etc.