wildwindflower

Inbred Dragons

What do you think of inbred dragons?  

1,352 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As long as they have a nice lineage I really don't care and I find some of the longer even gens to be pretty epic.

I think exactly the same.

I've ever started an inbred even-gen lineage with Stones and Mints... I'm cruel, I know. XD It's just that hilarious.

I'm keeping the inbred dragons I got before I found out about inbred checkers (with long lineages it can be difficult to check by yourself) and I don't like them any less than my other dragons, but I won't breed them.

I think a lot of the inbred dragons aren't inbred deliberately, a lot of players don't use the forums and probably don't know about inbred checkers or don't think about lineages.

And a lot are bred VERY deliberately. I see a fellow inbreeder on this thread along with me right now... smile.gif

I have a sudden desire to do a silver X gold inbred lineage. That will take a while to accomplish but the effect should be awesome.

*waves* Hi ya, Fuzz. Hope you're having a lovely Christmas.

Edited by Sir Barton

I have a sudden desire to do a silver X gold inbred lineage. That will take a while to accomplish but the effect should be awesome.

*waves* Hi ya, Fuzz. Hope you're having a lovely Christmas.

I wish I had CB golds that could help... I do have a couple of silvers.... I'll see what I can do xd.png

I just like collecting dragons; I much prefer dragons who have names in their lineage than the same dragon.

I can understand why people don't want inbred; I'm personally fine with it since I don't correlate virtual pets with real ones. tongue.gif

No disrespect to those that do

I don't mind the to much. I have one inbred dorkface and I wanted to keep her, but I surely don't plan on breeding her any time soon. But I really like purposely inbred lineages and I want to make one myself. Because it seems alot.png easier to make an inbred than to have a bunch of offspring on your scroll. (But I guess thats just me)

I don't really mind them as they are, but it's kinda annoying to me to see the offpring of a lovely nice CB (even holiday) dragon with a common inbred-long-lineaged mate.

What could have been a pretty 2nd gen, is an inbred offspring. sad.gif

I don't purposely collect or breed them, but if I pick one up by chance I'll freeze it. =) Hatchies are adorable and the frozen ones are just for collection/cute sprite purposes imo, so it doesn't matter to me what their lineage is.

I like it if it's done purposefully, with an intention and a pattern. I support responsible breeding. I'm not a fan of randomly picking mates.

If I find one, I'm happy to raise it and give it a good home. It's just unlikely that I'll breed it myself. Although, I am planning an inbred lineage with my Trihorns and Cavern Lurker.

I don't care if a dragon is inbred or not - a dragon is a dragon. I collect them, breed them, raise them etc. When I freeze, it can be a CB just as well as a bred dragon, what matters to me is what I need to finish the collection.

Exactly this. Been a few years and I still don't have some of the rarer dragons at all, so I don't care if they're inbred as long as I get them!

My 7G Holly is inbred ---like I care its a Holly hehehe and i will build a mate for him or see if i can get one and will breed him next year laugh.gif

I support responsible breeding, too. I like to keep the lineages organized and beautiful.

It depends, really. If I find a common inbred I'll most likely try to bite it, or hatch and freeze right away, or throw it back to the AP. If it's a rare, I'll either freeze or gift it to someone who doesn't mind the inbreeding.

I dislike the messy inbreeding, when you can see that the person just carelessly bred the dragons. But of course there are those beautifuly planned inbreedings as well, and I don't mind that, they are actually pretty awesome. But personally I chose not to have any inbred adult on my scroll.

Edited by guuvii

I support responsible breeding, too. I like to keep the lineages organized and beautiful.

Responsible breeding? In a game where inbreeding doesn't effect absolutely anything? dry.gif

I have a strange feeling with inbreds.

I will AP an inbred rare or uncommon if I get one, and refuse a trade for one.

Inbred commons are ok with me.

I do not intentionally inbreed.

Responsible breeding? In a game where inbreeding doesn't effect absolutely anything? dry.gif

Actually, it can affect trade value and lineage projects, assuming inbreeding is a no-no for certain lineages. As far as affecting the actual dragon, no, it doesn't, but a good many people who play this game have a preference for making sure the same dragon doesn't show up twice in a dragon's ancestry. As far as those folks are concerned, it shows an effort put into a lineage, though the same can be said of purposefully inbreeding a set of dragons. It's the careless inbreeding or breeding (just putting a couple dragons together regardless of heritage) that will devalue a dragon or cause it to be barred from a lineage project. That is what danicast meant by 'responsible' breeding.

How I deal with inbreds depends on the situation, really. If I have a lot of egg slots open I don't make a big deal out of it and keep the dragon, but if I only have one or two I try to save it for something more valuable. If I snatch an inbred hatchling, I always keep it because it doesn't take up an egg slot.

Either way, I don't usually breed inbred dragons or messily-lineaged ones unless I want to write a description about it.

I try very hard to NOT breed my inbreds, except for stuff like this:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/CvlC

I intend these types to stay on my scroll.

If I get any inbreds, I try to freeze them if I have any freezes available.

Edited by PrincessLucy

I don't really mind them as they are, but it's kinda annoying to me to see the offpring of a lovely nice CB (even holiday) dragon with a common inbred-long-lineaged mate.

What could have been a pretty 2nd gen, is an inbred offspring. sad.gif

This, it's also annoying to see one in which one of the parents is a pretty even-gen and then the other has a giant messy all-over-the-place inbred lineage, which is something I notice pretty often when plucking Dorsals from the AP. :c

I tend to try to keep inbred or even just messy dragons off my scroll nowadays (even rares) besides the ones I already have and can immediately recognize by name (although I have kind of started systematically killing some of those off in an attempt to make Zombies), mostly as a precaution against accidentally producing more, but also because I prefer to stare at clean lineages. :B

I don't bite inbreds though because it irks me when people bite things that I breed for the AP and I don't want to make anyone else feel that way, so I only really bite misclicked CBs and on occasion lineage experiments that I decide I really really don't like the results of. :L

I usually freeze inbred eggs at the hatchling stage when I pick them up. That or bite them u.u