wildwindflower

Inbred Dragons

What do you think of inbred dragons?  

1,352 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

o.o I keep them, grow them into adults, breed them to other inbreds, keep those too, breed again to more inbreds, and that continues on until I have some dragons with 1,000+ repeated dragons (Up to at least 4 now) which I then breed together to form my inbred monsters that I love very much for some reason...And suddenly I feel like a very strange person blink.gif

I, myself, don't like to collect them, but my kids don't care - so I give the inbreds I grab to them. I am thinking, thought, that I might want to start an inbred line just for fun... because I'm bored.

o.o I keep them, grow them into adults, breed them to other inbreds, keep those too, breed again to more inbreds, and that continues on until I have some dragons with 1,000+ repeated dragons (Up to at least 4 now) which I then breed together to form my inbred monsters that I love very much for some reason...And suddenly I feel like a very strange person blink.gif

LOL, that sounds fun xd.png. I should try collecting and breeding horribly inbred inbreds sometime tongue.gif.

LOL, that sounds fun xd.png. I should try collecting and breeding horribly inbred inbreds sometime tongue.gif.

How 'bout some inbred Mints? wink.gif

I love making pretty EG Inbreds, like this and this<3

Edited by Erica8798

So long as it's not sire/offspring i don't mind so much, otherwise its just icky. though funnily enough iv'e got a dragon some where on my scroll whose anestor acually breed with two or three generations of her own kids and that bit is in there twice so there was more inbreeding later in the line. fun family... i'll have to see if i can track that dragon down.

edit ~ yeah 1100 plus dragons, i'll never find it. and i'mm not sure if that was one of the ones i released due to have a big sloppy lineage. too bad i can't remember the nympho dragon. pretty sure it was a bright pink and the ones she bred with were vine dragons..

Edited by WestWindReborn

I don't care if a dragon is inbred or not - a dragon is a dragon. I collect them, breed them, raise them etc. When I freeze, it can be a CB just as well as a bred dragon, what matters to me is what I need to finish the collection.

This ^^^^

I keep reading things about how inbreeding is disgusting, it causes medical problems, psychological problems, etc.

Which is true. Unless the parents are images.

This ^^^^

I keep reading things about how inbreeding is disgusting, it causes medical problems, psychological problems, etc.

Which is true. Unless the parents are images.

true, i guess it's the thoughts they invoke in us as humans. We're preprogrammed to think of our own family as icky... usually.

When I looked back at many of my dragons from when I started as a newbie, I noticed quite a few to be horribly inbred. But, I could never get rid of them. So, they just sit on my scroll, never being bred.

Now, I am focusing on trying to get a female and male of each dragon that isn't inbred. I guess that I probably will AP any inbred egg/hatchie that I see. It's sad, but I know someone else will take it! I just have a totally different goal I am trying to fulfill.

I feel bad for them, even though they are pixels. Sometimes I let them grow up (especially if they are a BSA of some type) and sometimes I freeze them. It all depends on which sprite I like the best. Like Albinos. I HATE Albino adults, but I ADORE the gendered hatchling sprit. Tinsels as well. I have a ton of gendered and ungendered frozen tinsel hatchlings (all inbred, none low-gen) and I love them. I never kill or release them. If I am feeling adventurous, I might bite one. If it fails and kills it, oh well, I just don't try again for awhile. If it turns it and repulses it, fine. If it turns it and stays on my scroll, I usually gift it to Vampire collectors.

I use to not care... But, then I went through a phase and released all my inbreds. Now I don't want them on my scroll.

There is one exception. The intentionally inbred dragons. The ones you can tell are apart of a linage project. I have two. They are frozen hatches. I am expecting a third sometime down the road.

I don't really like accidental inbreeding, if I catch an accidentally inbred egg I usually bite it tongue.gif But I like purposeful inbreeding. In fact I have a couple inbred lineages that are purposely inbred, one a even gen and the other is going to be a recreation of Charles II of Spain's lineage (he was the last of the royal Spanish Habsburgs, and very, very inbred).

Honestly though, inbreeding doesn't hurt the dragons any and everyone can play the game the way they want.

As long as the lineage is 'pretty' inbred.. I don't really mind. xd.png I do this myself from time to time. What I don't really like is messy. I tend to freeze those candidates. ^.~

I am a dragon breeder and to avoid inbreeding I keep my dragons in their pairs on my scroll. I also used to note down breeding pairs and results, but I don't do that any more.

If an inbreeding is found between 1-5 gens away I abandon it. If it's between 6 to the highest gen then I'm not bothered.

If I find an inbred egg in the AP I might keep it, depends. If the egg is a rare like a Gold of course I'll keep it! But if it's only a common I'll dump it.

Generally speaking I don't like them.. unless they're like 100 % inbreed.

Only exception would be if I found one for my Armies or was close to another trophy level then and only then would I contemplete keeping it inbred or not.

If they have a nice lineage (ie. purposely inbreed) I'll let them grow. Others, I usually release or freeze for my hatchling collection.

I either re-abandon or freeze inbreds. Though there are a few exceptions like some dragons I was gifted, or a few of my early day dragons from way back when I didn't care about lineages and stuff like that.Also, my first ever Gold came from the AP, he's pretty inbred but I kept him and just don't breed him because he's not only my first Gold but also the only one I managed to get by myself.

inbred lines can be really pretty http://dragcave.net/lineage/S1pF2 i picked this up as an egg and specificly kept it because of its lineage

haha,

that's one of mine.

i usually abandon or freeze inbred dragons.

but i have 3 lines of inbreds:

male red x female purple

male pink x female red

male purple x female pink

it was a way to boost up the amount of bsa dragons.

But i really like that type lineages, when they are pretty pure checkers i keep them and if the name of the breeder is shown i ask for the other breed to keep the line going.