wildwindflower

Inbred Dragons

What do you think of inbred dragons?  

1,352 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't see why there's all this discrimination about inbred dragons. They're like any dragon, just more special. I name my dragons with Inbred as the suffix, like Snowy Inbred.

Dragons are dragons and people are people. I don't see the reason. I might freeze them. But they aren't just trash. I hope everyone sees that.

I support the people that don't discriminate against inbred dragons. You could freeze them, vamp them, release them, AP them, I don't care. They are your dragons. But it's horrible that people judge dragons by if they're inbred or not.

I hope you enjoyed my little... rant. :3

lol, nice rant, Birdlclaw! <3

I don't really like inbred dragons just now. That doesn't mean that i'll never have them on my scroll, just that I don't want them now! I'm so new here, I want to collect dragons I'm willing to breed, and I wouldn't breed inbred dragons.

I've seen some people making great even gen lineages from inbreds, and I like them a lot! But still, they're not for me just now.. Maybe in a years time!

I have a thing about messy lineages though, I don't like them in general, and most inbreds are messy, so yeah, not for me!

In general, I don't really like them. It can take a messy lineaged dragon from being ok to meh. I think part of the reason is that I know from experience how hard it can be to trade a messy, inbred egg, even if it's a silver :/. Basically, because no one wants to trade for them, I see them as less valuable. I also don't like to breed them as gifts or for the AP, since I never know if someone is ok with them or not.

On the other hand, the intentional inbred lineages can be pretty spectacular, and I've just started one myself. It's so new it's not inbred yet xd.png. This white will eventually be mated to a sister black, and continue that pattern.

I love them if they make a pretty lineage. I personally inbreed for PRETTY LINEAGES.

Otherwise I either freeze them or throw them back to the sharks.

To me a dragon is a dragon if it is inbred I'll still keep it if it's not inbred a added bonus doesn't really matter to me

If I was making a specific lineage, then I wouldn't use inbred dragons. I personally see the point and challenge of a lineage to collect all the CBs you need and work through all the problems of not being able to find them, having mates refuse, etc. So in using inbred dragons for a lineage project, even though some people have done marvelous jobs, it kind of feels a little bit like cheating to me, since I see a lot of the challenge in collecting all the necessary CBs first.

So I wouldn't use inbreeding in a lineage, but how I feel about inbreeding in general, I'm not all that fussed. I've got a number of inbreds and I am a little disappointed that a few of my metallics are inbred, because it decreases their value, but I still love them all the same. tongue.gif I generally care more about how a lineage looks than if it includes inbreeding.

But that's just me. happy.gif

For me, it really depends on why and how the dragon is inbred.

If it's extensive and unneccessary inbreeding, like breeding the same pebble/stone/spitfire into something repeatedly, then I usually don't like it. But I'd never kill an inbred dragon, I don't breed my inbreds, unless someone doesn't care and likes the lineage (see example below) or it's something really rare like one of my Silvers and people need those for freezing or just don't mind it. If I pick one up from the AP, I'll likely just drop it again.

For example, I have a 7th even gen alt black on my scroll that is technically inbred, because two of the dragons in the very first generation (6 generations removed from the actual individual) appear twice. In humans that's like two siblings married someone, and about 4 generations - which equals about 120 years - later, the offspring of those falls in love, not even knowing they share ancestors, or do you know who your great-great-great-great-anchestors were?

Also, regarding the purposefulness behind inbreeding: I don't think it's that much purposeful, apart from special lineage projects maybe. Many people breeding for fun might not check the lineages of the dragons they breed and thus inbreed involuntarily. I only realized I was happily trying to breed an inbred Silver after some time because I just didn't check it's hillariously messy lineage before. And I do love it, it was my first Silver.

Edited by Shroomlet

Oh remember the sweet times before the lineage view page, when you had to click manually trough mothers and fathers to find out if your babies were inbred...

Back then I didn't care at all. I started to care when I got more active in the forum and trading and gifting and people seemed to hate them, but I would NEVER kill a dragon (except in trying to get a zombie/neglegted/vampire).

Nowadays all my Inbreds have the suffix Inbred to avoid accidental breeding (and I let a few go to the wilderness) but I wouldn't mind breeding them, if someone would want the offspring.

Since my scroll is more or less complete when it comes to species (d*** you elusive GoN's and ND's) I know tend to look for pretty lineages and I toss almost everything back into the AP if it isn't CB, EG or a really pretty stair, inbreeding has little influence on that.

I have too many... got them before I found out about tools. I abandon them now though, or keep to freeze if I need a hatchie. I'm thinking I'll replace them slowly if I ever get to the point where I can afford to.

I care more about messy lineages than inbreds. (Actually I dislike when you breed completely different species a lot, which seems pretty rare since most people seems to like all kinds of checkerboard lineages tongue.gif )

I don't like if the same names appear in different generations, bred siblings/cousins or close relatives. But I mean, if you have a 8th gen dragon and the same name appear twice in the 2nd or 1st gen and pretty far between (dammit wish I had an example to show...) that doesn't really matter to me. I don't think anyone would even know if their great-great-great-great-great grandmother appeared twice in their family line tongue.gif

Edited by Kottdjur

i personally don't grab eggs that are the product of inbreeding, as i'm very picky with the lineages on my dragons; it simply comes down to the fact that well, i'm a very picky person!

instead, i prefer to have cb dragons (as they have no lineage to worry about, and i can start my own,) and purebred, non-inbred dragons.

I went from not knowing (no lineage option) to being extremely picky (I released my inbred dragons) to not even caring. I'll keep any dragon. If it's CB or messy lineaged, the better chance it will get frozen, especially CB dragons. I tend to swap my CB hatchlings for bred ones simply because I'm tired of CB dragons. I have 8 adults of everything I want (except metals) so I think that's a good enough number.

I don't care if it has inbreeding or not, if I catch them off the AP I'll raise them all. I just don't breed them since they have zero trade value.

I drop inbreds back into the AP but I will trade for inbred Golds as their lineages don't matter to me.

It varies. I like a controlled inbred project. I think those are neat looking. But I don't like it when it just looks like someone bred two random dragons on their scroll together and abandoned the egg. Those I will usually bite and throw back into the AP (because vampires get picked up no matter the lineage).

Inbred dragons don't bother me. In trades I usually look for non-inbred because I plan on using the dragons for breeding projects. But I have some inbred breeding projects going on, also, so I do like them. What bothers me is when players are so adamant about being for or against them to an extreme. Some people can get quite, um, vocal, about pushing their views about them either way. dry.gif I just want to play how I'd like to play without being judged. smile.gif

I don't care if my dragons are inbred or not - a dragon is a dragon to me. I love them, breed them, and raise them all equally. Their lineages don't really don't matter to me. wink.gif

I like making my inbred lineages!

Ive got a pb black one going so far

I got rid of my Skywing which was inbred and now I regret it.

I used to to avoid them like the plague but I gained a new appreciation for inbreds since looking at the details of my alt black which I found in the AP. It has 451 instances of inbreeding and a lineage that goes back to 2008. I think it has an interesting history smile.gif

If i picked up an inbreed dragon i never would kill it. I abandoned one inbreed egg once and i felt sorry for it. Right now I just keep them so they won't breed more eggs.

I also like to give my dragons an individual character (via description) and that inbreed/ messy linage fits that dragon well after describing it's past. tongue.gif

I like them if they are in pretty lineages. Other than that, I tend to freeze them as AP-find hatchlings. I always release them as eggs.

I never intentionally breed them, but it happens every once in a while.

I have a couple inbred Adults on my scroll from back before I knew what inbreeding was. Nowadays though, I avoid it whenever possible. I always double-check my breeding pairs to make sure the offspring won't be inbred. If I happen across an inbred hatchling or low-time egg in the AP, I keep it and freeze it. It's a good way to increase my overall scroll size, and end the lineage of that dragon.

If it's a high-time egg though, I tend to be lazy and drop it off into the AP again. ^^'

The only inbred dragons I'll take are ER eggs or hatchlings, and then I either freeze them or keep them without ever breeding them.

I know people are always like rah rah rah inbreeding isn't bad in game why do people care and so on, but here's how I think of it: half the fun of this game comes from imagining personalities for your dragons, or at least that's how it is for me. I name and describe all of my dragons eventually. Thus since I make all of my dragons into kind of miniature original characters, I find the idea of making a mother breed to her son or two siblings breed really gross.

I tend to be like everyone else, and freeze any I happen to catch. Always need new hatchies for my frozen hatchie collection wink.gif