wildwindflower

Inbred Dragons

What do you think of inbred dragons?  

1,352 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I will happily keep any inbred dragon if I

a: Need its BSA

b: Like the lineage

c: Its a low time egg/hatchie

d: I was gifted it

On inbred I went out of my way to keep was: http://dragcave.net/lineage/MOqBd who is quite obviously inbred, but the lineage was pretty, and I love Penk...so why not?

All my inbred dragons have a breeding ban on them bar two, my first dragon's mate (who I intelligently mated with an inbred seasonal) and my only Dorkface, who is mated to one of my favorite dragons, but the offspring will stay only on my scroll.

I will bite inbred, but I have such low kill ratios *touches wood* that it doesn't rally count as murder for me (1 kill in all my time).

So overall, if theres something I like about it, or I feel sorry for it ((browsing the AP somtime, keep seeing it, or keep picking it up, I'll keep it, but not breed it smile.gif (

It's just my personal opinion of course but when I see an really inbred lineage it makes me want to go ewww. I like to see clean lineages and, early on, I released the majority of my inbred or longer lineaged dragons to form the lineages in the manner I found most pleasing. If a player likes or is comfortable with them on scroll more power to them I just won't have them on my scroll.

it depends what im looking for. sometimes i dont mind inbred sometimes, but sometimes i get made at them and toss them immediately just cuz... well i dont want a bad lineage for some odd reason. it depends on my mood i guess

I keep inbred dragons. They work as the other dragons for me, and never heard of a BSA or Alting not working because of inbreeding

It may be I just don't care about lineage aesthetics and I joined this site just to hoard dragons of all kind...

The reason there are so many inbred dragons is simple. People other than members of this forum play the game! wub.gif

I had been collecting for several months before I even came on here an signed up and the only reason I did was because I had an idea for a BSA and wanted to share it with someone. In fact, not a single person in my dragon club had been on here before me! We were all members of the Sims 3 forum, saw someone that had an egg in their siggy, thought it was cool, and grabbed one for ourselves. None of us had even paid any attention to lineage until I came on here and I did my very first trade. I was pretty surprised to find out that my purple eggs were "worthless" because they were inbred. We never bred a dragon to it's sibling or parent or anything crazy link that. We just grabbed eggs we thought were cool from the AP, grew them up, bred them with another dragon we had, and either gave them to someone else in our group who didn't have one or abandoned it. We love all of our dragons, inbred or not. It kind of makes me sad that so many on here believe that a dragon is useless if its inbred and believe they should all be killed or subjected to experiments that are very likely to kill them. I feel like a person with a loyal mutt who goes to a dog show and finds out that the professionals think her dog belongs in a science facility! I mean really yall. A dragon without a pedigree grows up to look exactly the same as one with one. They aren't worthless. In fact, they mean a lot to people who don't care about that sort of thing cool.gif

A few months back, one of my club members had a little dragon hatchy. We all had not heard of click sites yet, so we had all had hatched every single one of our dragons the old fashioned way by posting on forums and hiding them when they got too many views. She was near tears because it was her first of that particular breed and it had just a few hours left to grow up before it died (it barely had enough views to make it to hatchy and was not even gendered yet). To top it all off, it was the middle of the night in the US, so the forums were dead. We got her to post the link to the egg and we all went to work. Everyone who was awake, rather they were club members or not, started posting the little hatchy everywhere we could think of. I posted the little one in almost every thread in the sims forum that I could logically post in. With less than an hour to go, we somehow got the views she needed to grow up. Anette was so happy. So what is the point of me telling yall all of this? The dragon was not a rare or cave born or purebred. She was a common little purple with no important ancestors or special lineages, but Anette couldn't care less. None of us did. In fact, I'm the only one of us that even looks at lineage and I only do that because I know they are worth more to yall which means I can trade them for more which means I can get dragons for my group that we don't have yet. happy.gif

I have never particularly cared whether a dragon is inbred or not, simply because I never really breed dragons anyway, and focus mostly on CB. I do grab from the AP from time to time, but 99% of those are commons that I freeze for my armies. I label the inbred adults that grow up so I don't accidentally breed them, but that's about all I do.

The reason there are so many inbred dragons is simple. People other than members of this forum play the game! wub.gif

I had been collecting for several months before I even came on here an signed up and the only reason I did was because I had an idea for a BSA and wanted to share it with someone. In fact, not a single person in my dragon club had been on here before me! We were all members of the Sims 3 forum, saw someone that had an egg in their siggy, thought it was cool, and grabbed one for ourselves. None of us had even paid any attention to lineage until I came on here and I did my very first trade. I was pretty surprised to find out that my purple eggs were "worthless" because they were inbred. We never bred a dragon to it's sibling or parent or anything crazy link that. We just grabbed eggs we thought were cool from the AP, grew them up, bred them with another dragon we had, and either gave them to someone else in our group who didn't have one or abandoned it. We love all of our dragons, inbred or not. It kind of makes me sad that so many on here believe that a dragon is useless if its inbred and believe they should all be killed or subjected to experiments that are very likely to kill them. I feel like a person with a loyal mutt who goes to a dog show and finds out that the professionals think her dog belongs in a science facility! I mean really yall. A dragon without a pedigree grows up to look exactly the same as one with one. They aren't worthless. In fact, they mean a lot to people who don't care about that sort of thing cool.gif

A few months back, one of my club members had a little dragon hatchy. We all had not heard of click sites yet, so we had all had hatched every single one of our dragons the old fashioned way by posting on forums and hiding them when they got too many views. She was near tears because it was her first of that particular breed and it had just a few hours left to grow up before it died (it barely had enough views to make it to hatchy and was not even gendered yet). To top it all off, it was the middle of the night in the US, so the forums were dead. We got her to post the link to the egg and we all went to work. Everyone who was awake, rather they were club members or not, started posting the little hatchy everywhere we could think of. I posted the little one in almost every thread in the sims forum that I could logically post in. With less than an hour to go, we somehow got the views she needed to grow up. Anette was so happy. So what is the point of me telling yall all of this? The dragon was not a rare or cave born or purebred. She was a common little purple with no important ancestors or special lineages, but Anette couldn't care less. None of us did. In fact, I'm the only one of us that even looks at lineage and I only do that because I know they are worth more to yall which means I can trade them for more which means I can get dragons for my group that we don't have yet. happy.gif

That post kinda drove me crazy, but people play the game /any way they want/. So if you want to do something like that, there isn't any need ot look down on the people who value CBs, like pretty lineages, or find value in trading 2nd gen tinsels to those who have none. But hey, that's my opinion, and I kinda felt like you were attacking the majority of the DC forums, just because we 'like' something you don't. There is no wrong way to play this game. you want to kill your dragons for kicks? That's cool by me. Deadlines are fine, as long as they don't devalue the trade. Zombies are cool, and I've tried for 'em. My point is, not everyone will play by your 'standards', so setting them is pointless. 8>

edit;; Most eggs I get off the AP I stick into about five hatcheries, care for, and then freeze. I personally /love/ freezing, and wish we didn't have a limit on it, as I freeze 3/4 of what I catch.

Edited by Ashes The Second

Hrm. I don't necessarily hate inbreds, but I'd rather not have them. There's quite a bit of an ick factor to it (yeah, I get that they're just pixels, but please). Usually, I'll just abandon back into the AP or raise it and then release. I don't like the idea of just killing due to lineage, though.

I have kept inbred dragons, but it usually depends on if I am trying to find something or not. I don't intentionally use the inbreds to breed for gifts but if I find something good like this, I usually don't throw it back into the AP. But if I am looking for breeders for gifting, and I see inbreeding, I send it back to the AP for someone else to take care of..

I got rid of my Skywing which was inbred and now I regret it.

I used to to avoid them like the plague but I gained a new appreciation for inbreds since looking at the details of my alt black which I found in the AP. It has 451 instances of inbreeding and a lineage that goes back to 2008. I think it has an interesting history smile.gif

I have a hatchling that goes back to 2008. But it's only inbred once.

That's beside the point. Anyways, this inbred thing is giving me a headache. People say they use it in lineage. People say they don't. People get rid of them for some reason. Others don't care because they don't breed?!? What does breeding do with this. They're just dragons, not, well, I don't even know what, puzzle pieces for a lineage?!? Some collect them? How could it possibly matter?!?

I guess the way I see it is that the game has an 'easy' mode (just pick eggs without caring where they come from) and a 'hard' mode (worry about lineages). We all play the way we want, but I guess the game is a bit more challenging and interesting when you start to worry about lineages.

When I started, I didn't care, and a lot of my dragons are inbred, because you just couldn't tell at the time. So I'm slowly replacing my inbred/messy lineaged dragons with CBs. Why? Potential trade value. I only get 4 of each dragon though (8 if they have different sprites) plus a couple hatchies, so I can afford to be picky - I just don't want a huge scroll (except BSA dragons). I guess it's keeping me busy between releases (and while I wait for my rares to be ready to breed again). Of course I won't be replacing my metallics anytime soon, lol (I still need golds anyway).

I have a hatchling that goes back to 2008. But it's only inbred once.

That's beside the point. Anyways, this inbred thing is giving me a headache. People say they use it in lineage. People say they don't. People get rid of them for some reason. Others don't care because they don't breed?!? What does breeding do with this. They're just dragons, not, well, I don't even know what, puzzle pieces for a lineage?!? Some collect them? How could it possibly matter?!?

It's all a way of playing this game. Over time you'll probably understand how the game is set up for certain users, and other users. The minority (forum-wise), probably don't like clean lineages, so pick up inbred ones on purpose. I picked up my first dragon that was inbred when I was new and had no idea what a lineage even /was/. I don't even remember how I got it to hatch. 8p

I have inbred dragons on my scroll, I know pretty much which ones they are too. I can't say that I collect them but I'm not about to get rid of them. For the fun of it and just for myself I am breeding a multi gen purebred inbred pillow dragon.

It really is all about how each user chooses to play the game. I don't like inbred dragons, probably because I have friends who breed both dogs and horses and it rubs against my grain to have an individual animal appear more than once in a family tree. That being said, I do have several inbred dragons that I picked up before I started to care about lineages. I'm not going to kill or abandon them just because they're inbred, but I'm not going to breed them, either. I've produced a couple inbreds by mistake, but they were both frozen as hatchlings. I regret one of them - he was a Red and his BSA still would have been perfectly useful regardless of his inbreeding. If I find an inbred in the AP, I toss it back. If I breed one by mistake, I freeze it. That's just how I roll.

That's a nice looking lineage, Ashes, inbred or not.

Well, mine is inbred once in the 9th and 10th previous generation. Does that count?

Edited by FlakeLCR

Well, mine is inbred once in the 9th and 10th previous generation. Does that count?

The definition of inbred around here seems to be that it is inbred if any dragon appears more than once in the lineage, no matter how far back.

Once again, though, it is a very individual thing how much that matters to people. In general it will lower a dragon's trading value if it has any inbreeding at all. But you may find some people who simply don't care.

That post kinda drove me crazy, but people play the game /any way they want/. So if you want to do something like that, there isn't any need ot look down on the people who value CBs, like pretty lineages, or find value in trading 2nd gen tinsels to those who have none. But hey, that's my opinion, and I kinda felt like you were attacking the majority of the DC forums, just because we 'like' something you don't. There is no wrong way to play this game. you want to kill your dragons for kicks? That's cool by me. Deadlines are fine, as long as they don't devalue the trade. Zombies are cool, and I've tried for 'em. My point is, not everyone will play by your 'standards', so setting them is pointless. 8>

edit;; Most eggs I get off the AP I stick into about five hatcheries, care for, and then freeze. I personally /love/ freezing, and wish we didn't have a limit on it, as I freeze 3/4 of what I catch.

I don't think that at all! I love CB and pretty lineages and such. They take lots of work and are something that people should be proud of. I just can't stand people who say that inbreeds are useless and should be killed or that the people who bred them don't care about their dragons. I know that everyone I know from the Sims 3 forum (and there are plenty of them other than us few who started a club) love their dragons and brag about how pretty they are. We all try not to breed relatives on out scroll together, but most of us never even bother to look to see who they belonged too before us or check to see if they have common ancestors. I know you guys love your dragons as do I, but you have to know that people outside this forum don't know the rules and do things that you would look down upon, but the love their dragons never the less. I am not trying to insult everyone's love of CBs and pretty lineages, but rather trying to get everyone to value inbreeds and those that love them. wub.gif

Does that make better sense than my original heated post Ashes? I know my response in this thread was heated, but I had just gotten done talking to someone who believed that all inbreeds should be killed, experimented on, or frozen with no other alternatives. He had me so mad, I was seeing red! My dragons, who I had worked hard to raise to adult, should all be killed because they were not perfect. Like I said, I felt like someone with a beloved mutt at the dog show. I'm sorry if I came across like I was attacking yall. sad.gif

I don't mind inbreds, and love purposely inbred lineages, but if they're messy I usually do abandon them. A few of my older dragons are inbred and I don't plan on getting rid of them anytime soon, and I sometimes will hatch inbreds from the AP before abandoning them again.

Are inbreds dragons you get from breeding?Well,I just started and didn't breed my dragons,but I take every abandoned one I can smile.gif

Are inbreds dragons you get from breeding?Well,I just started and didn't breed my dragons,but I take every abandoned one I can smile.gif

Inbred means the same dragon appears more than once in a lineage. Basically, (just an example), if you pick up a dragon and breed him with the female dragon that gave birth to him (his own mother xd.png ). Some fansites have inbred checkers ^^

As long as they have a nice lineage I really don't care and I find some of the longer even gens to be pretty epic.

I hate inbred rares and uncommons. I bounce them back to the AP when I see one.

I'm fine with inbred commons though.

Edited by James1011