wildwindflower

Inbred Dragons

What do you think of inbred dragons?  

1,352 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I really have nothing against inbreds. They'll get named if I pick them up but I'll rarely breed them unless I'm gifting the young to a friend who doesn't care about lineages. I have a ton on my scroll from when I was a new player and no way I'd go get rid of them. Its just pixels, and if I want to do a lineage I'll get the proper dragons for it.

Hmm, well I don't really care too much. I just tend to avoid picking them up because they aren't worth much as a trade and I find other lineages in AP that are clean. If people didn't care about inbreds then I'd certainly do it myself.

I keep all my inbreds and raise them like normal dragons (I just don't breed them). Afterall, it's not their fault that they're the product of inbreeding. :3

I get rid of a lot but then I keep some too for their sprites. I don't like them so I don't breed them.

It is a matter of the collector's opinion. I don't try to breed inbreds, unless it is a cool one that repeats, nor will I try to collect them. If I do see one in the AP, I usually throw it back. I know it will find a home to someone who does like them. I do the same with messy lineages also. It is a matter of personal preference. I am just glad there are people who do like them.

I tend to freeze my inbreds, especially if they have nice lineages.

But yeah, I tend to throw inbreeds back into the ap.

For my collection, I don't care. I do try to avoid breeding anything I know is Inbred since many don't like them. My first (and currently only adult zombie) was an Inbred I killed deliberately because I kept mixing it up with a different dragon, but it's the only time I did something like that. Way back when I was a new player. ;/

Inbreeding is perfectly fine. The dragons don't choose who they were bred with, so why punish them? I actually will collect inbreeds and raise them into adults!

I started trying to collect CB's-only soon after I started, and have been careful with what little breeding I've done, so that I don't have messy lineages.

HOWEVER, I don't care so much about the lineages of my BSA dragons. I've got some incredibly-inbred pinks. I only want them for what they can do, rather than their background tongue.gif

I've been here a great many months now, and it has made me sad to see the tide of public opinion turn against inbreeding. . . I can see why people might not want to do it in real life, but it's not going to hurt the dragon the way it hurt the ancient Egyptians. And I've never seen the ick factor as a valid reason for anything. In my country, gays cannot serve in the military (can't even marry in manys states) because others see it as icky.

If inbreeding made a dragon grew up slower, or have a random chance of dying, or inherently infertile, I might think differently. But the game mechanics for inbred dragons and other lineaged ones and CB ones are all the same. I have no reason to dislike them, and they are the same as any other dragon to me.

(By the way, I know a lot of people will freeze inbred hatchlings, or else release them to the wilderness. You are all free to do whatever you wish with the dragons you catch, of course. But I would appreciate if you just abandoned inbred hatchlings back to the AP. I've often been envious to find that the hatchling I wasn't fast enough to click got released right away, or something. Just, there are players out there who would love to have them, even if you don't want them!)

What he/she said. I don't get the big deal of inbred dragons. This wasn't a problem years ago when I found DC and I don't see why it should be now. I just think people are starting to be stuck up, in a sense that if it isn't pure, it's nor worth it and people take this way to seriously. Guys, open your eyes, it's just pixels on a site, keep that in mind before you say inbred dragons are icky.

Besides, like someone else said, it's not like you have any benefits in the game if it's not inbred.

Edited by doubtfulreason

I don't really care. They're just pixels...it's not like we're forcing a living, breathing thing to mate with it's mother....

I have an inbred lineage with my conceptor alt and I adore it *3* I know it's a little off the radar for what people tend to do with that kind of dragon and that's exactly why I enjoy it.

Can't link it because one of the parent codes, but I do enjoy the crap out of it biggrin.gif

Edited by Walker

I don't mind inbred dragons. I wouldn't grow one like that, but only for the simple reason I do not keep lineaged adult dragons in general, unless it's a Prize/old Holiday, a 2nd gen Hybrid/Alt/Coloured Striped or a gift (on a related note, if someone gifted me an inbred dragon and wanted me to grow it, that would be just as fine). When it comes to frozen hatchlings, I gladly keep inbred ones, their sprites and other characteristics are exactly the same anyway!

If I worked with lineages, I would certainly make a couple of those super-inbred even-gens, when all the line is formed with only one progenitor pair. That looks like fun smile.gif

I would probably not make any messy lines myself, just because they don't seem pretty to me, but I'm neutral on the idea as a whole. Same goes with offsprings of my dragons - if someone wants to inbreed them, then sure, by all means.

Just checked my dragons for inbreeding out of curiosity and I'm completely amazed, my first ember dragon male (and one of my favorites overall) is apparently inbred with 1036 repeating dragons in his lineage...what!!! He's quite the mutt, with everything from yulebucks to golds, silvers, stripes, alt dark greens, alt blacks and you name it...

It sucks because I've already bred him twice without even thinking ><" looks like one of them was released into the wild, the other is still out there somewhere...

The default checker is here, if you want to check it out for yourself- http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Inbred.php...fault&repeats=y . The full check takes FOREVER to load, I wonder why! It's crazy.

I love him anyway and it's not like I would've abandoned him if I had found out sooner, though I probably won't breed him again. Sorry buddy.

Made a Thread that was burned for duplication xd.png Sorry Admins really new to the forum, as for me, I thought at first that inbreeding was rather disgusting and personally I don't inbreed but all that said, I don't care, If one of my dragons has some inbred blood in its lineage it doesn't bother me to the point where I kill or release it,

When it comes to a breeding projects though or eggs that I specifically trade, I try to keep the lineages relatively clean, unless its a rare or BSA dragon

Edited by thewatergamer

Really don't like inbreds at all. I generally re-abandon those I pick up in the AP, though sometimes I will keep dragons with slight inbreeding if I like them otherwise. The only severely inbred dragon I have is a White female that basically I kept because I felt sorry for the little thing, but I've decided never to breed her.

Plus, sometimes it's hard to pick up on inbreeding in a dragon with a really huge lineage, so I may have more inbred dragons than I think.

I freeze messy and inbred common hatchlings from the AP and re-abandon them if I pick them and don't need them. I keep metals so I can create a dead line, however.

And I like pretty purposely inbred dragons with a great lineage. I am actually working on such a line myself but my Albino still refuses to give me a 2nd-gen Albino.

Its not really inbreeding that bothers me, just the messy that tends to go with it. Id much rather have an inbred checker than a messy noninbred

Its not really inbreeding that bothers me, just the messy that tends to go with it. Id much rather have an inbred checker than a messy noninbred

Yes, I feel the same way!

Has anyone considered doing neat inbred lineages? (Like constantly breeding the original father with the daughter repeatedly for a stair-step ladder)

I kind of really want to do this with my heartseeker and ridgewings.

i prefer if my dragons aren't inbred, but when i was a new user i bred my dragons freely, so lots of my older dragons are really inbred. nowadays, if i pick up an inbred from the ap i first check to see if i have any frozen hatchies of that breed, and if i have all three, i'll toss it back in the ap. personally, i don't mind inbreeding even in real life, but the problem is that most inbred dragons have messy lineages and aren't really worth that much. any inbreds i have are marked in their name so i know not to breed them.

Edited by Emeraude

Has anyone considered doing neat inbred lineages? (Like constantly breeding the original father with the daughter repeatedly for a stair-step ladder)

I kind of really want to do this with my heartseeker and ridgewings.

I've seen inbred even-gens but not spirals - that'd be cool.

Edited by diaveborn