tyto_alba

Books That You Want To See Made Into Movies

I can honestly see the Warriors series making a very popular set of movies or even cartoons. Would definitely be unable to cram everything into just one movie, though.

They could always make a movie for each part of the series- a movie for the Original Series, New Prophecy, and so on.

Kim Harrison's Hollows series would make EXCELLENT films

Kim Harrison's web page - the books are EXCELLENT

Yes, that would be so cool see those books made into a film. It wouldn't even have to be heavy in effects either. Jenks would probably be the most complicated.

I'd also like to see at least the first tee books of the Kushiel series made into movies. Or the books Rhapsody, Prophecy, and Destiny. Those are really good.

Skulduggery Pleasant.

It would be SO easy to adapt.

THIS. THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS.

ok that's enough Thises.

WELLLLLLL anyways, THAT. Yes. Skulduggery Pleasant is full of just SO MUCH WIN.

Hm. Other than that? Fablehaven I guess...hm...Hunger games? hm...Vampirates! Meh, the Lost Years of Merlin series would be fun to watch...

YES. SKULDUGGERY PLEASANT. <3

On the subject of Skulduggery Pleasant, does anyone know if the fourth book has been released in the US yet? I finished the third a while ago and the suspense has been killing me.

On the subject of Fablehaven, I think those books would make excellent movies! I've been wishing for a while now that somebody would get the movie rights from Brandon Mull and start working on it.

On the subject of the Hunger Games, there actually is a movie in the works! A lot of characters have already been cast, including Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss and Chris Hemsworth's (Thor) younger brother Liam as Gale.

WARRIORS WARRIORS WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warriors would be epic as a movie series. I suddenly feel the need to watch Firestar as Rusty the kittypet fight Graypaw...

City of Bones series.

Most books-made-into movies, especially teen-fantasy books like this amazing series, are turned into terrible movies with gaps in the plot and missing details and bad acting. And they turn great books into stupid teen-romance movies. If there was one book/series that i would like effort and time put into making a movie, it would be this. the city of bones series.

Also, warriors. They would make a great TV show- seeing as there are so many books, they should make them into a TV show. I figure they would be animated. But these books would make a great animated series!

Storm Thief, by Chris Wooding. When I was reading it, I just kept thinking about how well so many of the scenes would lend themselves to cinema. 'Specially the opening.

Eon and Eona ^^ recently read the series and it is very well written. I would hope that if it were made into a movie or two movies that they would not change the storyline.

I just want to see The Infernal Devices series turned into a trilogy of movies. Only one of the books has come out so far, but even that one book completely blew my mind. If it was made into a movie, though, they would have to tone down the blood and violence or else it would get an R rating without a problem. Hrmm...No fair.

Dresden Files, I think, would totally make an awesome movie. Between all the spell-slinging, and Harry's penchant for Kaboom-Magic (not to mention all the magical creatures/beings), the special effects would (in theory) be amazing! Harry has a habit of accidentally setting buildings on fire, poor guy. O.O

Then you've got the witty one-liners, pop culture references, hints of horror, all tied together with a modern-day, old-school, gumshoe, detective-on-the-case style that I've always loved. They made a 1-season TV show, but it was only in the vaguest sense similar to the novels, and the effects were cheaper for budget, but they had a FEELING there that was right.

Maybe it was the narration, since the novels are all from Harry's POV, but if they could translate that into a movie...

Heaven!

I like to see the rest of the Eragon series to be turned into a movie; they made the first movie based on the first book, but I want to see the rest.

I like to see the rest of the Eragon series to be turned into a movie; they made the first movie based on the first book, but I want to see the rest.

I would've liked to see this too, but the one movie they made had major plot points from the books screwed up so badly they couldn't get away with making another one.

~No mention of elves

~Eragon's back remained whole at the end of the movie

~Related to previous: no message from Oromis

~The Twins were unheard of

~The idea that dragons cannot live without their Riders was inaccurately explained

~The Ra'zac should not have been killed in the movie, as they play a major part later in the books

Okay, I think I'm done ranting about inconsistencies in the movie. That particular book-to-movie just bothers me a lot, since I love the books. (Not long before Inheritance comes out in November!)

ETA: Oh, and on the subject of Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments series--there is a movie of City of Bones tentatively in the works; you can look it up on the IMDB.

Edited by MissVampire13

I'd like to see a movie of Elric Of Melbone, by Micheal Moorcock. Seriously awesome book- it's about the cynical albino king of a decendent nation looking for his love after she's kidnapped by her brother- apart from nobody's ever heard of it. Lots of sorcery, big battles, crazy insane sets, dimension-hopping, demon princes, and dragons. Great, big fire-breathing dragons.

Oh, and a sword that'll eat your soul.

I heard they're making Temeraire- Napoleonic war with DRAGONS- which is awesome.

Definitely agree that Elric of Melbone would make an awesome film, (when I was last reading it I was trying to figure out how a screenwriter would be able to adapt some of the prose-heavy explanations for the screen) although if they wanted to do the whole series multiple movies would be needed. I think the production costs would be sky-high though, which would keep a lot of people from wanting to risk it. Good looking epic fantasy films don't come cheap.

I'd heard that about Temeraire too, but as far as I know the only thing that's actually happened is that Peter Jackson says he wants to make a mini-series, and that was in 2009. He optioned (wrote up a contract that say who gets what money if the film ever gets made) the film/series back in 2006, so I kind of doubt it's going to get made any time soon.

I've thought The Red Star comics would be great film material, so I was pleased to hear that the creators are talking to Warner Bros. about a movie.

I really wanna see the Shannara books turned into a movie just as long as they dont mess it up like they did LOTR tongue.gif

~Scrollspam removed~

To edit your signature, go to My Controls --> Edit Signature, or click on your username and then Edit Signature. :3

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I want to see the rest of the How To Train Your Dragon series come out as movies.

(Yes. It was a book series before Dreamworks made the movie.)

I just hope they don't screw up the plots/characters/character designs like they did in the movie.

Peeps & The Last Days by Scott Westerfield.

I heard that they were turning the Uglies series into movies, but on IMDB it says late 2011, and nothing else, so I'm assuming it's not happening sad.gif

Oh, now it says Nov. 2012. Yay!

Don't know how I feel about Shailene Woodley playing Tally though...

Edited by rainbowsmile

I would love to see Eon made into a movie. I would just worry that like many other movies, they would screw up the plot and characters.

I'd love to see the the Dragonlance Cronicles Trilogy adapted into 3 separate movies (by someone who actually knows how to make decent films of course).

All of the Dragonriders of Pern books, I'd like to see Eragon redone so it isn't such a flop, too.

This.

Since Hollywood has been so into rebooting movies lately, I think it would be awesome for them to reboot Eragon.

Reboot Eragon.

Ender's game and Artemis Fowl are already in the works, otherwise I'd say those.

I'm sure there's lots more xd.png

Just read Hunger Games, and am now very excited for the movie. :3 I think it'll lend itself pretty well to film.