tyto_alba

Books That You Want To See Made Into Movies

I can see The Smile by Donna Jo Napoli made into a movie or Dragon Rider by Cornelia Funke, although the latter is a bit long to condense into a movie.

First subseries of books of warriors (merged together and put in a movie) NEEDS to be a movie I'd pay like all my money to see it as a movie

NO! Don't they DARE make any of my favourite books into a movie! They always turn out horrible!

The rest of the eragon series. I loved the first movie and I hope that they make a second.

I would love to see the Warrior Cat book series turned into a movie series.

that or the Redwall series. Yeah, three of them got a TV series, but I think some of them would be excellent movie material.

I actually haven't read the Silmarillion but it would be good for it to get a movie adaption after what my step-father told me about it(he said it was good).

I think the Simillirion (i can't spell) would be better as a TV series like Game of Thrones, since it's got so much information.

I think the Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan needs some movies.

Remake Eragon so its like the book...the actor of Murtagh can stay but the others got to be replaced, Then finish the series the right way.

First subseries of books of warriors (merged together and put in a movie) NEEDS to be a movie I'd pay like all my money to see it as a movie

Ermagherd yes! Me and all my friends would pay to see that!

Also Rangers Apprentice and the Warrior Heir series, but they would need to get the actors right or it will suck, suck, suck

Yes, yes, yes to Rangers Apprentice, that series is almost screaming make me into movies! I would love to see it at least the first few books turned into movies, not sure who could pull it off.

Well, none! As what was said earlier and I repeat the argument, movies make book worse. The movie makes the goodness of a book lower by a step or two (steps depend variably)

Although admittedly there are super awesome books that even when turned into movies, the movie is still great since the goodness of the book is just that great even with the movie taking a step lower.

Anyway, I shant name any titles.

I apologise for offending others who have different views/opinions.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading Before I go to Sleep by S.J. Watson some time ago and was really pleased to find out they've made a film of it.

I look forward to seeing the film at some point and hope I'm not going to be disappointed!

Rangers apprentice though I fear that it won't be as well recieved as it deserves.

EVERY Matthew Reilly book, those things are written to be spectacles and they could be some of the biggest blockbusters! My only hope is that they are not butchered because its the fine details that make them such entertaining novels that they are.

Warriors. I don't think it'd be amazing, since the books aren't that amazing, but with how much like a drama it is, I think it'd be kinda hilarious.

I would love to see Ranger's Apprentice made into a movie series, but I think the challenge would be making it not seem like a joke. I would also like to see A Discovery of Witches made into a movie, but it's such a long book that I'm terrified they would forget some of the most important little things.

The other I am Number Four books. THey have only made a movie to the first book.

Also maybe the other books in the divergent series

I want How To Train Your Dragon movies that aren't """based on""" the books but actually just movie versions of the books. Seriously, they changed basically everything and while it's pretty well done (visibly disabled protagonists hell yeah), the original books were really well written and philosophical at times and aaaaahhhh I'm angry.

I would love to see movies made of Brandon Mull's Fablehaven series, provided important plot elements stayed true to the books. (This is a big sticking point for me with book-to-movie adaptations. Screwed-up plot elements are why I was so unhappy with the Eragon and Percy Jackson movies.)

Also Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn or Stormlight Archive series, although he packs so much plot into those books it would probably be really difficult to make a movie adaptation that wasn't forced to leave stuff out.

I thought the City of Bones movie was all right and that they didn't screw it up as badly in terms of its plot as the Eragon and Percy Jackson movies. I liked how they hinted at Simon's turning into a vampire and the fact that Jace and Clary are not actually related, which we find out in City of Ashes. I was hoping the moviemakers would go for a City of Ashes movie, but that fell through and now they're talking about a Mortal Instruments TV series, which I suppose is the next best thing.

I would love to see a good adaptation of K.A.Applegate's Animorphs book series.

Nickelodeon did a horrible attempt back in the day >.<

The Inheritance Cycle, but done PROPERLY!

I want to see the director of the first Eragon movie hanged by the wrists and whipped to death.

Did they make a movie out of Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children yet? Because if they didn't I'd love to see them make one.

The Inheritance Cycle, definitely.

The Claidi Journals by Tanith Lee as animated movies.

And the Song of the Lioness Quartet by Tamora Pierce.

^ downright loved that book, movie was weird o.O

I really wanted warrior cats by erin hunter made into a tv series

but they'll ruin it