tyto_alba

Books That You Want To See Made Into Movies

Altered Carbon... huh, I actually read that. It certainly was visual-based, but at points when the characters are switching between bodies... might be a tad confusing in movie format.

They've already made some Discworld stuff (but they look a little silly/cheap, to be honest). I don't know how much those cost...

They're making a GoGh movie? Oy. Talking birds that smith metal?

O: Someone who has.

They conveniently go in and out of tanks, though - makes the transition obvious

Yuss, I has.

True. But with sci-fi, tanks can also mean other things - cloning or cryogenics or deep sleep or yadda yadda. Flashing to another scene with entirely different characters might confuse movie-goers.

Maybe I'm just underestimating the average IQ of a moviegoer. But people can be so stupid...

When a char switches from male to female, would the narrating voice change? That's one thing I wonder about.

Speaking, I imagine the voice would change - voice is physically determined, after all. Thoughts.. no idea ._. Perhaps for characters that change gender frequently, they'd have a neutral voice or just change because they were used to it, but those that rarely resleeved would keep their original voice?

/cue clunky exposition to explain

I can't imagine them throwing that large a budget at a book like this, so they wouldn't have to make back that much either ._. Critical opinion before Inception was largely that it'd fail for being too cerebral, but it's done fine, no?

They're making a GoGh movie? Oy. Talking birds that smith metal?

It's already been made, lol. It comes out September 24th (in America anyway, not sure where you are, sorry..).

Edited by Infinis

Everything James Rollins has written should be made into a movie... with the exception of any movie based navels he wrote, since that would just be silly.

maximum ride. Definitely.

Daniel X

Witch and Wizard

The Warrior heir series is good too ;D

The Warrior Heir series is EPIC. I loved it. x3

I think Max Ride would make a good movie ONLY if they found really good actors. Like, NOT Miley Cyrus or anything, but some really good actors who know the books really well.

Yes. warrior heir is epic.

And for all of the ones I've mentioned, they'd BETTER have good actors. Seriously. I don't want another Eragon Movie on our hands.

Speaking, I imagine the voice would change - voice is physically determined, after all. Thoughts.. no idea ._. Perhaps for characters that change gender frequently, they'd have a neutral voice or just change because they were used to it, but those that rarely resleeved would keep their original voice?

/cue clunky exposition to explain

I can't imagine them throwing that large a budget at a book like this, so they wouldn't have to make back that much either ._. Critical opinion before Inception was largely that it'd fail for being too cerebral, but it's done fine, no?

Any way it was done, it'd be... interesting.

Yeah, Inception did quite well... I suppose Altered Carbon couldn't be any more confusing.

As for the GoGh - Bah. I'm not expecting much from it.

I personally prefer movies that aren't made from books, especially books that I love because the movies tend to fall flat. What you're seeing in a movie is someone else's vision of that book while when you were reading you most likely had a different one. They're making the first Stephanie Plum book into a movie and from the casting of Stephanie Plum alone, I am refusing to see it. :/

If I ever publish a book and I'm getting whichever contract to make it into a movie, ohhhh! I'd be such a strict writer!

First, and this I've always said, ONLY computer design in a realistic way (like FF VII Advent Children). I like my characters, and I don't feel like contracting a bad actor that looks a bit like the character, or a good actor that looks nothing like the character. That's easier to achieve if you make them from scratch with a computer.

Another thing would be I'd be supervising every step in the movie. I mean, it's my book. A piece of manure like Eragon, the Movie, I'd never have allowed it to make it to the theaters.

DragonNightHowler, I don't think a movie made by those standards would ever make it to theater :3 You might get serious editing rights, scriptwriting and choice of cast, but you'd also be taking on much more financial risk that way. To take entire control might also end up in disasters like Atlas Shrugged - the author isn't best at judging what the heck is going to sell, and you'd have no control over the marketing and what marketing forces in either way.

@ Dusk, I prefer those too >> If the movie people don't adapt faithfully enough they get crucified by the original fans, but if they adapt too faithfully they get crucified by the sales.

Then I'd rather not see them made into movies. I'm not interested in making cinema, I like writing.

If others are interested in making a movie of my books, they'll have to be made with my conditions, or not be made at all.

@ Dusk, I prefer those too >> If the movie people don't adapt faithfully enough they get crucified by the original fans, but if they adapt too faithfully they get crucified by the sales.

For me a lot of it comes down to casting, if I can't see that actor in that role then no matter how closely they stick to the script imo it's going to be censorkip.gif.

I wanna see the Raymond e feist books made into movies but that would be slot of movies so maybe just the riftwar books (magician, silverthorn and darkness at sethanon)

DragonNightHowler, I don't think a movie made by those standards would ever make it to theater :3 You might get serious editing rights, scriptwriting and choice of cast, but you'd also be taking on much more financial risk that way. To take entire control might also end up in disasters like Atlas Shrugged - the author isn't best at judging what the heck is going to sell, and you'd have no control over the marketing and what marketing forces in either way.

If a book is popular enough, Harry Potter for example, it will sell. No change is needed to sell. The only change needed is if the book is too big to fit into a movie.

The Abhorsen series, by Garth Nix.

If only because I want to see what a paperwing would actually look like......

Oh yes definateley. I always imagine them as paper planes

First, and this I've always said, ONLY computer design in a realistic way (like FF VII Advent Children). I like my characters, and I don't feel like contracting a bad actor that looks a bit like the character, or a good actor that looks nothing like the character. That's easier to achieve if you make them from scratch with a computer.

You mean CGI? Yeah, sometimes I highly dislike how the characters in a live action movie don't fit my own imagined image of them and that's why I love CGI. Some movies I'd rather not see a live action film of because CGI could do it better. xd.png

You mean CGI? Yeah, sometimes I highly dislike how the characters in a live action movie don't fit my own imagined image of them and that's why I love CGI. Some movies I'd rather not see a live action film of because CGI could do it better. xd.png

Yep. CGI. smile.gif

I think it's a great tool being used stupidly. I kind of miss old Disney movies like Beauty and the Beast. Now, CGI is mainly used by Pixar and Dreamworks to make humoristic movies.

I enjoyed Wall-E, which was surprisingly good. Bolt was cliché, but good. And absolutely loved How To Train Your Dragon (I'm not reading the books, read the summary, didn't like). But aside from those, and some of the first, like Toy Story and A Bugs Life, I'm simply sick of those CGI movies.

Yep. CGI. smile.gif

I think it's a great tool being used stupidly. I kind of miss old Disney movies like Beauty and the Beast. Now, CGI is mainly used by Pixar and Dreamworks to make humoristic movies.

I enjoyed Wall-E, which was surprisingly good. Bolt was cliché, but good. And absolutely loved How To Train Your Dragon (I'm not reading the books, read the summary, didn't like). But aside from those, and some of the first, like Toy Story and A Bugs Life, I'm simply sick of those CGI movies.

I so miss the old Disney movies with the original animation. ;_; I want to see CGI used in a more 'realistic' manner, I guess, except that the best example I've got is FFVII:AC and that is in no way 'realistic.' xd.png

CGI is overused, I don't think it should even be used in Disney movies and stuff. You can really do some excellent stuff with it and moviemakers aren't using it to its full potential.

OH another book made into a movie I'd go see: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series. <3 Those are awesome books.

The underland chronicals and pendragon. Both are practically made for the big screen, and both have been said they wont be made into movies sad.gif. Oh well, has anyone heard about the hunger games movie! It will be awesome!!!!

I wished "The Elves" from Bernhard Hennen would come out as a movie. But I don`t think that would ever happen.

AAH PEndragon is a good one too xd.png

and hm...Graceling would be good..by Kristin Cashore. yes.

The different colored eyes would be cool looking xd.png I just hope they don't mess up the plot.