tyto_alba

Books That You Want To See Made Into Movies

It's less a book and more a visual novel ( though given the sheer amount of reading involved I'd consider it a book all the same, there's not a lot in the way of... 'playing', so to speak. ), but I'd LOVE to see 'sweet pool' either made into a film or an anime.

I'd like the Age of Fire books to be made a movie, or movies. Its got dragons, a good story, and it has potential for multiple movies. It would be hard to do but I think if pulled off correctly it would be awesome.

Chris Wooding's "Haunting of Alaizabel Cray" and "Malice".

Both were meant to get movie adaptations, but, to quote Wooding himself, the Malice movie is "dead in the water" while the "Haunting" movie has gone completely silent despite a 2015 release date. So I would love to see these two finally come to fruition

Personally, I'd love to see Eva Ibbotson's books made into movies. A lot of her books would be great for slightly older kids/teens

They did make a film of The Great Ghost Rescue, but I would love to see more of her books, including: Monster Mission, The Secret Of Platform 13, Dial A Ghost would make great fantasy films for children/teens (or young adults, I wouldn't judge, I'd totally watch them!)

Journey To The River Sea and The Star Of Kazan would be great for older kids/teens/young adults

And for an older audience, The Secret Countess/A Countess Below Stairs which would make for a great period drama/romance style film for young adults smile.gif

I know they've made at least one movie of the Inheritance series, and if I remember right, it wasn't that big a hit, but I think they should keep going with the series. I also believe they should keep going with the Narnia series. They've made three movies so far, but they should do movies for all seven books. I also believe they should make more of the Left Behind series into movies. It's not right to just leave it at a cliffhanger like they did with the third movie. Some of Terry Brooks' books would make great movies, also, provided they could find the right people to play the characters in the series. Here's a few other book series' I think should be made into movies:

Song of the Lioness

The Immortals

Protector of the Small

The Magic Circle and The Circle Opens

(All of the above-mentioned quartets are by Tamora Pierce)

So long as they can find actors/actresses that fit the characters' personalities in the books, I think all these sets would make awesome movies, especially the first three quartets.

The Belgariad/Malloreon, Elenium/Tamuli, Althalus and Dreamers series by David Eddings.

Though I'm pretty certain that will never happen. xd.png Dave was VERY clear that he will never allow anyone to film his books - he said that he was trying to teach kids to read while pulling them AWAY from TV screens, and filming his books would defeat that purpose altogether. And I love Dave for that~

...Also Janny Wurts's The Wars of Light and Shadow. It's got some complicated English sometimes, but that would only make the series / movies more amazing.

Edited by Beldarius

The Gone series by Michael Grant

The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare

But only if they did it right.

Also remake Cirque Du Freak! Please and thank you.

I would like to see Issac Asimov's Robot series turned into movies or a TV show. It really bugged be that the iRobot movie was nothing like the book.