tyto_alba

Books That You Want To See Made Into Movies

The Book Thief would be a for sure one I want to see. It's relate-able as it takes place during actual events in history and also I love the narrator, the narrator reminds me of my friend at times. Also Hunger Games and I can't think of any other ones off the top of my head.

I've just finished reading 'Before I Go To Sleep' by S.J. Watson.

It would make a great film.

I would like to see the Noble Dead series made into movies.

Stephen Donaldson's Chronicles of Thomas Covenant or his Gap Cycle books.

Definately the Pern series! I so hope they don't ruin them like they did with eragon though! Also the riftwar saga by Raimond E Feist!

I would love to see the Pern books as movies - especially the White Dragon as Ruth and Jaxom are a great pairing and that book is one of my favourite Pern books.

I would love to see the 'Shiver' series made into a movie, and maybe the 'spooks apprentice'. I can only wish for the Edge Chronicles! but as an aspiring film maker i could make that happen one day xd.png

Uhm...hmmmrmm...this is a hard one... o.o

Ranger's Apprentice.

Definitely.

but they SURE AS H3LL better get the actors

YES. They need a Ranger's Apprentice movie.

The Edge Chronicles would be pretty cool.

EDIT - oh, ha ha, Saori already posted that. tongue.gif

Edited by PlutoIsHades

Wolves of Mercy Falls

Lament and Ballad

Warriors

Matched

Vampire Academy

Morganville Vampires

Eragon (Redo please, plot screw-ups drove me f-ing INSANE!)

Gone trilogy?

And last one is this-

House. of. Night.

The only problem with this idea is that, sometimes the movies are adequate, sometimes they are excellent companions to the book, very rarely they exceed the book. But more often than not, the movie falls short of the book, and the fans walk away having enjoyed the movie, but disappointed with the book-to-movie translation, either because of a snafu in plot explanation, or some things get left out entirely. (or is that just me and my sister?) All I know is this: if any of my books ever get off the ground and someone makes a movie from any of them, I hope the directer and screen writers will let me be involved so we can try to keep it as true to the book as possible.

~ Dream

I want to see Blood and Chocolate remade into a decent movie and I agree with Dream_Thief Eragon needs to be remade.

Blood and Chocolate? The book about the werewolf girl? I loved that book! I didn't know they made it into a movie.

Also, Warriors (obviously) and the Last Dragon Chronicles.

I see some really great suggestions in here!

I would probably like to see Pern and Warriors made into movies, considering it is done correctly.

I want to see Blood and Chocolate remade into a decent movie and I agree with Dream_Thief Eragon needs to be remade.

Agreed! The Blood and Chocolate movie needs to be redone. I haven't seen it in a long while, but I know when I watched it, I thought it was like a completely different story that shared its title with the book.

The book is wonderful, by the way. I've read it at least once or twice a year for the past three years.

I would also like to see more of the Redwall books made into movies or the TV episodes.

Agreed...

And they should be done by Don Bluth... I think he could pull off a Redwall movie and it be absolutely fantastic.

I would honestly have to say that any good book should not be made into a movie. I'm sorry. They're entertaining but they're far from accurate...

I thought that Eragon would be a good movie, problem though was that I read the book and the movie was so far off that I was so disappointed.

Agreed...

And they should be done by Don Bluth... I think he could pull off a Redwall movie and it be absolutely fantastic.

I don't doubt that they could pull that off. Hope that's gonna happen. biggrin.gif

Personally, I'd like to see Rakkety Tam and Marlfox in movie-form. Just cause they're my favorite Redwall books. smile.gif

I don't doubt that they could pull that off. Hope that's gonna happen. :D

Personally, I'd like to see Rakkety Tam and Marlfox in movie-form. Just cause they're my favorite Redwall books. :)

Marlfox I can kind of see.

Rakkety Tam would be a little more difficult I think because of the whole cannibalism thing... I'd still like to see it done, though. Rakkety Tam is a favorite of mine, too. (:

The first book, Redwall, would have to come first, though. There'd have to be a movie of the book that started it all if Redwall movies were going to be made. X3

I would love to see The Menagerie made into movies. Given to the right director, the series could be made into fantastic movies. Of course it would have to be split up by the book, which would make it 5 movies (if they finish the last book, because they never actually wrote the last of the series and the ending/climax which still pisses me off), but I think it would be totally worth it. They were fantastic books.

I would also like to see the comic book The Umbrella Academy made into a movie. Apparently they are working on it but that is just a rumor. Though I would be ecstatic if they actually did it. But the creator/writer would have to be heavily involved with it, because if not, I can guarantee it will be crap.

Eragon had potential but they totally ruined it. It would have to be started over from scratch. Which I don't see happening any time soon...

seeing as ive just discovered this topic a few weeks after i discover the hunger games is being made into a movie, i guess the only other books im wanting as a movie is Warriors. though, im not sure how good a cat-only movie is going to fly. :/ still, it'd be interesting. if nothing else, im always eager to hear what characters' voices sound like.