tyto_alba

Books That You Want To See Made Into Movies

I would LOVE to see Dragon Rider and Pillage made into movies.

The Dragonwhsiperer series from Boris Koch. Storyline of the first and third book have some really surprising plot twists, while the second book is better on part of action and interpersonal relationship of the protagonists. I hope it will get translated into English sometime, because so far I only found it in German.

Anything and everything by Scott Sigler. ;~;

I don't really have time to read much else these days, so that's about all I can wish for. x3

Books from my childhood that might be fun (maybe as TV series instead):

Amelia Bedelia

Mrs. Piggle Wiggle

Encyclopedia Brown

Umm, definitely the other three Eragon books. Also Fablehaven would be a great movie if they did the special effects and casting right.

Edited by SunStar17

The Cal Leandros series (starting with Nightlife), by Rob Thurman. Although with how many books she's doing, it would probably be better as a TV show...

Divergent - by Veronica Roth

Know it's allready been said, but it is an amazing book, and I think it could easily be adapted to a movie without killing it~

So B. It (By Sarah Weeks) could be a cute movie, along the lines og My Sister's Keeper, just not quite that depressing

'Den Fjerde Parallel' (The fourth parallel - by Kjetil something-or-other ) Could possibly be a good series. It's got plenty of action and what-not, but I think it fit's the tv-series world better than the movies...

Maximum Ride has been mentioned, but I'm putting it in 'series' category as well :3 It get's pulled out too much to be a good movie...

And I'm really wondering why they didn't finish Philip Pulman's 'The Mortal Instruments' Don't like when they only make part of a series into movies >.<

Oh and all those not-yet-written books in my head should be made into movies as well x3

The Good Thief by Hannah Tinti.

this would be a wonderful movie. i love Ren and the rest of the characters.

I know people have already said this, but again Maximum Ride. And i also think it should be a series.

Fablehaven would also make awesome movies but would probably needed to be made into at least three different movies, or series but i think it would to better as separated movies. ( Author = Brandon Mull)

And then there is the Homelanders series. If they messed that up I would not be happy. I'd want a movie for every book(4), and No added cussing!! In the Hunger games they didn't cuss at all but they did a lot in the movie. If they did that to the Homelanders I would really not be happy... (Author = Andrew Klavan)

And, oh! The Midnighter series! I've only read the first book but i think i'd make a great movie! (Author = Scott Westerfeild)

The Uglies trilogy!!! These were my favorite books before I read the Homelanders! Awesome story but they would need to make 3 movies and not cram it all into one. (This is also Scott Westerfeild)

I don't know... I'm a little afraid to suggest after the Eragon tragedy. But, provided it was done properly and they didn't butcher it... I think a movie based on Kenneth Oppel's Airborn would be great. People have already said the Xanth and Pern books, and I wholeheartedly agree.

THE CODEX ALERA. Whyyyy are these not movies yet? I like the Dresden Files but I think the Codex Alera books would translate better into film. ;; Also Skulduggery Pleasant, and I'd love to see Piers Anthony's "On a Pale Horse" at least. :3

I want to see the rest of the How To Train Your Dragon series come out as movies.

(Yes. It was a book series before Dreamworks made the movie.)

I just hope they don't screw up the plots/characters/character designs like they did in the movie.

I agree. I LOVED the books. I liked the movie as well, even though it was quite different to the books, but I would love to see the other books be made into movies as well.

The Warriors series. Firestar for the win!

I had always wished for the warriors to be made into movies or series anime biggrin.gif

I am really looking forward to (and apprehensive about!!!! ) Ender's Game being made into a movie. I don't recall when it's coming out...next year I think.

I'd want to see what the Warriors series would be as a movie. Just the first book, because the rest gets a bit... awkward. (Like in the 3rd book, when Silverstream died, I had to hide away from my book to endure how graphic and disturbing it was. And Tigerstar's death. Who would want to see a cat rip out another's heart and watch it die nine times?!)

The first in the Shadow Children series, Among the Hidden. And Maze Runner and Fablehaven. Or are they already becoming movies?

The Sight, by David Clement-Davies. It would be amazing.

Brian Lumley's Necroscope series. I know a media group bought the rights to make it a movie, but that was quite a few years ago.

I've recently read Vittorio The Vampire by Anne Rice and I think a movie version would be interesting if it were done right.

I'm also starting the think The Thin Executioner would be a neat movie, too. Also providing that it's done right.