Delphine

Stop BSL Lineage

@ UkyoKuonji2004

Not trying to flame, just trying to share another view for you. YOU have a problem with dogs being aggressive towards you (which as a professional dog trainer I can assure you is NOT the dogs' problem, it is your own fear of them making them react that way to you) so you approve of ME not being able to breed my well-trained, obedient, competition-proven dogs because their puppies MIGHT react to your fear in the way any predator would?

I am a strong spay/neuter advocate, there are enough dogs without forever homes, but for ANYONE to say dogs of any breed should not be bred because that person is afraid of dogs in general is just bewildering to me.

For instance, I was hit on my motorcycle by an inattentive woman driving a SUV and now have a healthy fear of big SUVs, so does that mean no one should own one?

I would suggest you work on controlling your fear around strange dogs - pretend they are stuffed toys or something else harmless and just walk steadily past while ignoring them- and you will find they are less aggressive towards you.

Saying one breed of dog is more dangerous than another is the same as stereotyping people by the color of their skin. All breeds of dogs are genetically the same, they are only different in appearance.

I have a deep seated fear of dogs. Every dog I have encountered, no matter the breed, tries to eat me(I'm not kidding). So to me, I find dogs are probably the worst kind of pet you can ever have. While I don't really approve of people putting your pets down just because they are huskies or whatever, I would approve of not letting them breed. I'm not saying I approve of people coming to your house and killing your dog, so please don't flame. There IS a difference between killing your dog and not letting your dog have puppies. I do NOT approve of the former, but I approve of the latter.

So you're advocating the mass extinction of dogs through breed control in a span of 15 years, just because you're afraid of them? O_O

I can't believe it!

Let me invite you to my house so you can be around my galgo, my dobermann and my boyfriend's beauceron, to show you these animals are, in no way, dangerous.

Humans cause, by far, more deaths and misery than dogs ever will.

I love this project, I think I might join whenever I'm not locked.

I really want to be a part of this project. I adore the concept.

Some people I know have pitbulls. Most people expect them to be vicious or hostile, but in reality, they're the calmest, most playful animals you'd ever meet.

I'm going to get Embers to name for this cause. I'll breed them a lot. smile.gif

By the way, is there any banners with a pitbull on it? For example, I love the style of the banners on the first page, but I didn't see one with a pitbull.

Edited by Flérida_Pagan

I have a deep seated fear of dogs. Every dog I have encountered, no matter the breed, tries to eat me(I'm not kidding). So to me, I find dogs are probably the worst kind of pet you can ever have. While I don't really approve of people putting your pets down just because they are huskies or whatever, I would approve of not letting them breed. I'm not saying I approve of people coming to your house and killing your dog, so please don't flame. There IS a difference between killing your dog and not letting your dog have puppies. I do NOT approve of the former, but I approve of the latter.

Not letting someone's dog breed is just as bad because if that happens then the breed dies off and eventually dogs would die off. I don't mean this as a flame, but why did you post here?

it is your own fear of them making them react that way to you

Yes, it is, because they can smell fear. I, on the other hand, have never found a dog that I couldn't be friends with. It's a matter of how you approach a dog. They also smell it when you like them.

Edited by Classycal

Here's a pitbull. It's on the first page. user posted image

I saw that one, but it's kinda big. I would use a smaller one with an actual dog's face, not a cartoon one.

Though it's not dire. I'll just word link to the thread for now. smile.gif

Not trying to flame, just trying to share another view for you. YOU have a problem with dogs being aggressive towards you (which as a professional dog trainer I can assure you is NOT the dogs' problem, it is your own fear of them making them react that way to you) so you approve of ME not being able to breed my well-trained, obedient, competition-proven dogs because their puppies MIGHT react to your fear in the way any predator would?

I am a strong spay/neuter advocate, there are enough dogs without forever homes, but for ANYONE to say dogs of any breed should not be bred because that person is afraid of dogs in general is just bewildering to me.

For instance, I was hit on my motorcycle by an inattentive woman driving a SUV and now have a healthy fear of big SUVs, so does that mean no one should own one?

I would suggest you work on controlling your fear around strange dogs - pretend they are stuffed toys or something else harmless and just walk steadily past while ignoring them- and you will find they are less aggressive towards you.

Saying one breed of dog is more dangerous than another is the same as stereotyping people by the color of their skin. All breeds of dogs are genetically the same, they are only different in appearance.

So you're advocating the mass extinction of dogs through breed control in a span of 15 years, just because you're afraid of them? O_O

I can't believe it!

Let me invite you to my house so you can be around my galgo, my dobermann and my boyfriend's beauceron, to show you these animals are, in no way, dangerous.

Humans cause, by far, more deaths and misery than dogs ever will.

I love this project, I think I might join whenever I'm not locked.

Thank you guys, for being able to reply to that post in a calm, civil manner. The only reason I didn't reply to it was because I was filled with rage at the words and couldn't express myself without flaming massively.

@Flérida_Pagan: I can attempt to make one later today.

ETA @Flérida_Pagan, a bit later than anticipated:

user posted image (I tried to make this one look like the ones on the front page that I didn't make tongue.gif)

user posted image (This is how I actually like making banners.)

Edited by Seoldraca

Unbelievable! And this is in the USA, right? The country that is always trying to teach the rest of the world manners comes up with such inhumane and outright crazy laws? Un freaking believable!

I myself am a cat person, but my father has always owned Siberian huskies (owns two right now) and those are very smart and well-behaved dogs. Whoever has come up with that list of allegedly dangerous breeds should definitely cut down on pharmaceuticals and seek professional help.

Please count me in. I've never participated in any lineages, but there is always a first time for everything. This is a cause I would like to support.

Hi there, I would like to join the lineage, really a great idea smile.gif

I think there's no problem with BSL in Germany (luckily) I see a lot of these dogs in my neighborhood and they are all very lovely and friendly (I think Golden Retriever are more like lambs xd.png ) Sometimes I ask myself how someone can come up with such an awful idea as BSL dry.gif (no hobby...no job...no brain?)

sorry,but You're wrong, there's a big problem here in Germany with BSL. try searching *listenhunde*

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kategorie:Listenhund

www.listenhunde.de

owning a mastiff or a stafford can be a real problem, depending where You live.many communities tax those listenhunde double or triple the amount of others.. if you are allowed to keep them at all.

on top of that , each bundesland has different lists, so a dog thats illegal in bavaria might be perfectly legal in Niedersachsen or vice versa.

its stupid, stupid, stupid

one of these days i'll probably start a new line of grays --> great danes *g*

@ UkyoKuonji2004

Honestly I used to be afraid of dogs until my family got two. Owning Buddy and Moe has really helped me be less afraid of dogs I don't know. Yes, if a dog comes up to me barking and defensive of their territory I will have a tendency to feel somewhat scared still, but the thing is that they are TRYING to scare you away then, and they'll usually leave you alone once you're away from their turf.

And I'm still breeding my BSL dragons. I just need to figure out where my project was at and get back to work on it. I even have a new BSL dragon, a CB Magma.

If you don’t know all the dog breeds on the list for naming you better take a good look, none of these breeds is a joke, this is from the actual BSL list:

75 dogs and counting

My family happens to own a Boston Terrier (one of the dogs listed), and she is the sweetest, kindest dog I have ever known. I have also personally known quite friendly and loyal Boxers too. And I'm actually surprised that the list didn't include Miniature Pinschers (another breed of dog my family used to own), because they look like Doberman Pinschers, although, as many people have said, give lawmakers an inch, they will take a mile with this, so the Min Pins are probably next for the list.

It frustrates me to no end that people make assumptions about dogs just from what they hear on the news.

Count me in on this, for all the good dogs out there given a bad reputation for something they never did.

I'd thinking about joining this Lineage, but Im scroll locked.

I dont see why huskies are so bad, its their nature to kill small animals?

I'd thinking about joining this Lineage, but Im scroll locked.

I dont see why huskies are so bad, its their nature to kill small animals?

If we're going by that theory, then it's in every dog's nature to kill small animals. It's what they've evolved to do for food... A carnivore does not a dangerous dog make, though, especially after domestication. (Try to keep a wolf as a pet and I might think you were an idiot, but dogs are so far removed from wolves now...) ETA: plus, huskies were bred for sled pulling, not for hunting, so I don't even know where your theory that killing small animals is "in their nature" comes from, aside from normal "well, dogs are carnivores therefore they eat smaller animals".

Back to the lineage... I have a shiny egg! (That I'm keeping, I just wanted to boast about it happy.gif)

Edited by Seoldraca

I'd love to join! I currently have 4 dogs at home, a Husky, a Golden Retriver, a German Shepard and a Border Collie and I voluenteer at the Humane Soceity. I love dogs and this is just cruel and wrong. When dogs become "dangerous" it's almost always the owner's fault for not training them properly. I never would have imagined and being so cruel to even think of that idea.

Well, after many of the wrong breed, I finally have success!!!!

Now if only I could get my CB Spitfires to breed so I could work on the other half of this loooooong project....

Count me in, Some of my favorite dog breeds are on that list. I am more afraid of being bitten by those little dogs like Chihuahua, Maltese, Yorki, Ect then I am of being bitten by ANY breed on the BSL list. I don't intend any offense to anyone who has one of the little dog breeds (I own a small dog myself) but my grandma had a Maltese that was much more agressive then any of the BSL dogs I've ever met. Anyway I feal that BSL is a bunch of BS (I think everyone knows what that stands for) and I'm proud to say that I dream of owning a pitbull. :3

I'm going to go hunting for some CB eggs. I have a CB ember egg that will do nicely and finding a nice mate won't be hard. Those will be my main breeding pair until I'm unlocked. smile.gif

Edited by YamatoWoodUser

Eggy grew up biggrin.gif Meet BSL Labrador's Sorcery.

Now, though, I don't know what to do xd.png I have a 2nd gen Magma hatchling that'd look pretty mated with her if it genders right, but that means taking her out of the lineage, because while the Magma's parents are suitable breeds, I don't own them so can't name them to fit xd.png so that's most probably out of the question. So I could do a spiral lineage. Or I could make it even gen. I have no idea happy.gif

Oh certainly so long as offspring have BSL in their name. I am planning on having my first babies be from by CD dragons I already have.

@ Seoldraca-

The parents don't have to have the lineage name, only their offspring. So breed away!

Several of the 2nd gens in my loooong project have parents that are not BSL named or on my scroll. Here's one side of my project ---> BSL Siberian Husky Oomailiq

And I looked up where Delphine said it was ok....

@ Seoldraca-

The parents don't have to have the lineage name, only their offspring. So breed away!

Several of the 2nd gens in my loooong project have parents that are not BSL named or on my scroll. Here's one side of my project ---> BSL Siberian Husky Oomailiq

And I looked up where Delphine said it was ok....

Aha! My new pretty Magma egg! http://dragcave.net/lineage/vX1QM

Now I need to plan a mate. Something less orange-heavy, I think xd.png

That's insane! The government shouldn't be able to do that...I'm gonna try and get in on this lineage!

I'm not a big dog fan, always loved cats more, but I've always wanted one dog in my life and that's a Siberian Husky! To think that I'll never get one cause of this BS just makes me cry! My friend has a lab and she's the sweetest thing ya'll ever meet! She couldn't hurt a fly much less a person. My other friend has a Husky mix named Magnus. He's really small for his age and is bullied a lot, so they got a dog for him. He's been trained to protect him but would NEVER do anything unless he's in trouble! My friend even sleeps on him! That's why I named one of my dragons after him. Magnus Fluff To think that little boy might lose his best friend hurts me! I'll try to snag a few CBs for this.

What if we have a dog that is a cross between a dog that isn't banned and a dog that is banned? Are they banned? This whole BSL thing is stupid. There are dogs being put down, just because they're a part of a breed that looks vicious, or part of a breed that people trained to fight. I'll join. Also, I have a suggestion for a new dragon breed to add to the linage. alot.png of people hate green dragons because they sometimes kill eggs when people try to make them hatch eggs early. I think they would be perfect for the linage. Sorry if this has already been suggested.