Delphine

Stop BSL Lineage

First off, I'm glad you made this lineage. I hadn't even heard about that law. I guarantee they'd better not even try to pass that. Too many people will fight it.

Second off, I'd like to join this lineage. I have a cb hellfire currently and I'm looking through my scroll to see what other dragons I have to help out this lineage.

I'm still kinda new at understanding how to start lineages and help others so any help would be appreciated. xP

Sorry, but life happened. I'm going to have to drop out of the lineage- not that I was being very productive anyway, but.

Well... I actually went to a pet store today and did a survey on some people. (Not exactly with good feedback on my part... but anyway...)

I asked...

1. What breed of dog do you think of as mean?

2. Why do you think this way?

3. Have you seen a dog attack someone? Not being a little bite, but an actual attack.

4. If you have or want to have a dog what breed is it or you want it to be?

5. Why did or would you choose this dog?

The highest results for each...

1. pit bull

2. vicious and attack children

3. no

4. lab

5. Loyal and friendly

Somewhat expected results, but I figured I'd share this with all of you.

Sadly this is the way of the world thinks and this is the mind set we have to change.

The truth about Pits:

Pits are actualy very sweet dogs perhaps one of the nicest and most lovable certainly very loyal.

Pits are actualy called the nanny dog because they are the best breed around children. They are protective and calm around children and never play too rough like a lab would. My aunts pitty actualy use to sit next to my cousin when he was an infant and would keep the other more hyper wound up dogs away from him. Every time their hyper lab mix came bouncing into the room she would stand up next to the baby and then the lab got closer she would move towards him and push him away. Later when my cousin was two and someone brought over their toy poodle the pit kept an eye on her, my cousin grabbed the little dogs ear and the toy turned around and started biting her, the pit jumpped up running over to the little dog growling and after that the toy let my cousin go and ran away. In return my cousin could jump on that dog, pull it's tail and ears and sit on it like a horse but the dog never cared. It just gave it's big pitty smile and wagged her tail. Her only real downfall was sometimes she would hit your legs with her tail and it really hurt. She knocked a vase off a coffee table too and it shattered, that was another issue with her and she liked to sit on your lap and would not stop licking you.

@Enalahs: Sadly this law has been passed in some placed and certain breeds of dogs are complelty banned. Dogs have been removed from homes already and put down for nothing more than being born a certain breed and this is why the law is a serious issue. It has already claimed many lives and will continue to do so if not stopped.

Edited by Delphine

And unfortunately I believe the media has the biggest part in the fear of pit bulls. all you hear about them is, one attacked someone, thats just 1 its not the whole breed. I challenge anyone to just find someone with a pit bull and spend just 5 min with it then try to tell people they're these horrible mean dogs

And besides... if you wanna see a horrible mean animal... just try to pet my gecko I used to have xd.png

Edited by Slanners

The reality is, any stereotypically vicious dog is capable of being the sweetest, most loving family pet. The dogs that everyone sees as sweet, loyal, and loving are just as capable of being vicious. The difference is not the breed, but the dog's surroundings. If the dog is loved, it will react to others with affection. If it is abused, it won't trust people and will react violently.

Dogs are a living, breathing example of "The Golden Rule" at work. "Treat others the way you want to be treated." Treat a dog the way you want it to treat you and others. If you abuse the dog, don't be surprised when it turns around and bites you. If a dog is adopted and has been abused, listen to what the owner says about petting, handling the dog. Chances are, they've found out the hard way and are only trying to protect you. Their dog IS loving, you just have to be careful because he/she will not easily forget their past.

Oh how sad. sad.gif My family took in an abused Pit Bull some years ago. He died a couple of years ago, but I still miss him and I don't even like dogs. sad.gif

I learned a lot from him about dogs that others fear (like, treating any dog with respect). I wouldn't want to see any breed banned. :/

@Delphine:

They are protective and calm around children and never play too rough like a lab would.
Interstingly, before the pit we had a lab and he would play more gently with my baby brother and me than with my older brother. Mom said she could see that he preferred playing with my older brother because he could be more rough. biggrin.gif The pit, on the other hand became easily excited so we would have to stop playing and just pet him after a few minutes. We wanted to play with him outside where he could run, but we didn't have a fence and he liked to explore the neighborhood. dry.gif Edited by buckykattlove

Still looking for the "right" CB to start my lineage. I think I'll be using the grey dragons. Or perhaps a mix of guardians and greys. Guardians aren't on the list. Are they okay to use?

Edited by Classycal

Still looking for the "right" CB to start my lineage. I think I'll be using the grey dragons. Or perhaps a mix of guardians and greys. Guardians aren't on the list. Are they okay to use?

If grays are in the lineage then yes.

Thanks so much for accepting me as a member. =)

I finally got a CB Hellfire and will be starting a new lineage with it and another "dangerous" dragon. I'm going to keep my other Hellfire as a BSL GSD; it has Electric and Ice in it's lineage.

BSL Maxwell Dresdan GSD

When my breeding gets underway, I would be more than happy to adopt-out eggs and/or hatchlings. I'll let y'all know what I have. <3

Well, once again Maertin and Sura have given me an Electric when I need them to give me a Grey =(

If anyone would like to give this even 4th gen BSL egg a home, just drop me a PM

Just want to point out that My Split Lineage Project that I am doing myself is going to be anti BSL you can see it on my scroll its already taking off

If you want you can donate CB splits ^^

If grays are in the lineage then yes.

Thanks. I have a CB gray and several CB guardians, so I'm set to go.

If anyone would like to give this even 4th gen BSL egg a home, just drop me a PM

Thanks for the egg - now an adult! (And if you wonder where that strange name came from... I really had a dog with that name that got it because he was found in a holler (a hollow) by the same name.

i now have six BSL dragons!

Edited by Classycal

i just wanted to apologize for being inactive on thi lineage and would like to withdraw my name from it for now as I am a tad swamped with things to do right now.I do you all in protesting this horrible crime against the beautiful creatures,but for the time being,I cannot take on another lineage.Once more,I apologize.good luck to all.

its things like this that really get under my skin and tick me off. its not the breed that counts, but it is how the owner raises it. Its the owners fault that all those dogs are vicious. My chocolate lab, Jinx is as sweet as sweet gets.

This is BEYOND cruel. this, this is just sick and inhumane. UGH those words aren't nearly enough to describe how disgusted i am with this right now. Put me on the list right away!

EDIT: got a CB red who gendered female. YAY! as soon as she grows up i'm breeding her with my spitfire.

lineage progress: Just bred my first egg! http://dragcave.net/lineage/2HOV

Edited by Doylj

http://dragcave.net/lineage/jDTT

I just noticed I picked up one of these from the AP a while ago. I can rename it if you want~ Not sure how this lineage works. Tried reading the rules, but it didn't mention anything about offspring randomly snagged off the AP.

Cats are more vicious then these dogs!!!!

As a cat owner, I have to agree. One of the cats we used to have actually chased a Great Dane off our property once.

The sad thing is, my mum would probably agree with BSL. She made me change riding schools when I was little because "the lesson sizes were too big", but I knew it was really because she didn't want me to play with the Rottweiler that the yard had. My current stables has the sweetest German Shepard I've ever met, but mum would hate him purely because of his breed. (Seriously, he is dopey as anything, follows his owner around like a lovesick puppy and has never been aggressive to the large prey animals that he is constantly surrounded by.)

I have plans to join this lineage. However, I currently have a locked scroll and two other lineages I'm wanting to join, so it'll take me a while to get two eggs to start the lineage with.

Also I did not know that there were actually banned breeds here in the UK sad.gif They're breeds I've not heard of for the most part, but they look adorable.

ETA: apparently, when I am bored I make banners... happy.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by Seoldraca

As a cat owner, I have to agree. One of the cats we used to have actually chased a Great Dane off our property once.

Yep, absolutely. My cats have bitten me (once bad enough to land in the ER) and scratched me badly. And they are extremely well treated.

And has anyone seen the video of the cat chasing the bear away?

I'm slowly breeding for the BSL lineage and here are a couple of my BSL dragons:

Ulysses Ajana

I don't have many yet, but I am willing to gift or trade BSL dragons.

Edited by Classycal

Hi there, I would like to join the lineage, really a great idea smile.gif

I think there's no problem with BSL in Germany (luckily) I see a lot of these dogs in my neighborhood and they are all very lovely and friendly (I think Golden Retriever are more like lambs xd.png ) Sometimes I ask myself how someone can come up with such an awful idea as BSL dry.gif (no hobby...no job...no brain?)

can someone help me? every time i try to put a banner in my signature i get this:

Error returned was:

Sorry, dynamic pages in the tags are not allowed

NVM: i got it biggrin.gif

Edited by Doylj

I have a deep seated fear of dogs. Every dog I have encountered, no matter the breed, tries to eat me(I'm not kidding). So to me, I find dogs are probably the worst kind of pet you can ever have. While I don't really approve of people putting your pets down just because they are huskies or whatever, I would approve of not letting them breed. I'm not saying I approve of people coming to your house and killing your dog, so please don't flame. There IS a difference between killing your dog and not letting your dog have puppies. I do NOT approve of the former, but I approve of the latter.