Delphine

Stop BSL Lineage

Well.........BSL IS THE MOST STUPID THING I HAVE EVER HEARD!

Killing dogs for no good reasons, and taking them away from their loving families! And the wrong ones too!

And at a young age my family and I have been brought up by these breeds, mostly labs and German shepherds and they have all be lovely!

I own two lovely, gently souls that are GOLDEN RETRIEVERS! I have never been bitten by them not even when they were teething as puppies, my oldest one age 9 is the most laid back dog I have ever met, you can do anything and he wouldn't care, he would just get up and move. He's always been a lazy dog and so cuddly and people friendly X) and his half brother (age 7) he is just a playful thing that is very gentle with young children and is incredibly friendly with babies even though he acts fierce (he plays the big doggie, but we all know he ain't) he has never bitten anyone or anything (except playfully with his brother ONLY they just love to play(it's in a dog's nature to play fight with a pack, look at wolves for instance and young puppies). NOT FIGHT they have NEVER done that) he has also once caught a mouse out side, we all thought he would kill it but he just let it go and it went back to it's hole in the wall, much to my mum's disappointment XD And I have had them since I was 5 and have gone though good times and hard times with them and me and my family would be heartbroken if anything happened to them.

But why those breeds of dogs? Most of those that I have seen I have stroked in the street. yes even rotties <3 and my favourite kind of dogs are the so called 'fierce' dogs. I knever would have thought huskies would be there or labbies or goldies, they have all been friendly.

And the dogs that I have been bitten by has ALL been SMALL dogs. My own Golden Retriever was attacked by two Dachshunds that hung to his neck while he tried to get away from them but they were hanging off his neck, we eventually got them both off and they were all unharmed, only a bit of loose fur came out of his neck.

But I'm only saying this because a dog is NOT naturally fierce, only if they were brought up wrong. and that has nothing to do with the dog, only the owner.

But I live in England and dog attacks are rarely heard of. but a year ago someone was found out to have a pit bull (they are illegal here) and it had pups. they were all put down. i was sicked, sad and outraged at this! And we don't live in a city! this happened in a small VILLAGE!

But my own point of view is that humans can get away with KILLING someone and go to prison for 8 years but a dig biting someone gets killed. they're a dog, they don't understand. it's natural to them. so I don't think it is fair to punish dogs so servilely. We're not a racist country and don't kill a race because of a few individuals that happened to be that race do we? NO! So I agree here, it is unfair.

And really if these silly BSL people watched 'The Dog Whisperer' they would know all this!

And if that's OK, could I join this group and stop this madness?

It truly is a sad thing that's happening.

I would like to join this lineage. I don't have that many CBs of these species, but as soon as I'm out of egg lock I'll start to collect them.

I am in. I will find some cb and start a lineage for this. I will try and do as much as I can. My on dc is saphire81 as soon as I have a breeding pair.

Really, Labs? I always thought they had a reputation for being too friendly. blink.gif

It is cruel. If a dog is treated with respect, regardless of breed, they are generally not going to cause any harm. :/

Also, the last sentence in the description for the Spotted Greenwings sound like maybe they could be misunderstood for a "bad" breed.

Edited by buckykattlove

Count me in! I'm not a huge dog lover, but killing or banning breeds of dog because of what they are is just not right. After all, didn't humans breed and train certain dogs to be fighters in the first place?

Count me in too, honey. My best friend has a pit and he's the sweetest biggest baby in the world. It's not the breed, it's the dumb butts training them to fight. The owner makes the dog, maybe those people should be humanely euthanized or something instead of the dogs... really? LOL Anyways, I'll get this lineage going on my scroll here in a sec smile.gif

Edit: Named loads of Vamp dragons for BSL project... also.. just a thought.. but WHY are Pugs on that list? Are people totally insane? Those dogs are sweet... I do NOT; however, see Dachshunds on that list... my mom and dad have 5 of them and they are mean without any help from the owners LOL Those things attack in packs!!! tongue.gif

Edited by MrsKoolAid

I am in. I have known about the pitt bulls for quite some time, and while not my favorite breed they are simply dogs, and it is the media's fault that they are portrayed like that. I also see Dobermans in there, and I know for a fact that those are some of the most loyal and nicest dogs that exist. I hope BSL sinks because it is total Bull. Anyways, I shall begin hunting for a CB that is on the list and go from there.

Wow. I'm glad I found this project. Please add my name to the list. I will be sure to spread the word about it.

I have applied for new places to live, and been asked what breed my dog is... when I told them he is probably part boxer, they politely said 'thanks but no thanks'. Boxers?? Seriously?

My girlfriend loves doberman pinchers, so I'm sure we'll add one to the family soon. I just can't believe this wonderful dogs are on a "bad dog" list.

The entire idea is wrong! I concur that it's racism on a whole different level.

Thank you for beginning this project!

As a suggestion for a new dragon to add to the list, what about Shadow Walkers? They are basically ghosts, so they could be feared too.

Addendum: Hm... the first post hasn't been edited since 2010. sad.gif

Edited by Coyote

Yeah, that's true. After doing some research I don't think it passed either, which is really great.

I currently have 2 blue heelers and some of my best dogs where pit bulls shar pis and dobermens! if any one trys to take my dogs theyll have to put me down first! i want to join your cause!

It doesn't look like anyone's doing much ATM, but I'm still breeding some (maybe not so much naming). But please, even if your not in the lineage, support the cause. Locally we just had a pit bull attack and people are once again calling for a ban. Pains me to hear.

...Goldens, Labs, and Springers are on the list? O.o Seriously? Goldens are the sweetest dogs in the universe...I don't think any of them have one mean bone in their bodies....this law is beyond stupid.

Why don't we outlaw ALL dog breeds while we're at it? *sarcasm

Dogs will bite if they are scared. It's a natural act of self-defense. We should not punish them or their breed for it...and the so-called 'fighting' breeds...it's the owners fault for making them that way.

I'm not really very good at making lineages, and I don't breed dragons very often, but I will join this. I don't have a specific pair for it at the moment, but...

Edited by VioletWhirlwind

Wow so many dog's on the list sad.gif...

I'v noticed in New Zealand theve trying to stop pitbulls breeding to intend to stop the breed, reason why my mum wont take her pitbull bella to the vets for her vacination's n such because they take the dog n hold her till she is fixed.

Im in even tho im new to this game im sure to get a hang of the breeding and lineage stuff soon enough tongue.gif

Nz-Pupz - That is simply HORRIBLE sad.gif Man-kind is slowly slipping into an oblivion.. Humans take things that aren't theirs and expect everything to be OK ... We take over land that animals once inhabited then think to 'relocate' or kill the animals when they're 'invading' what once was theirs to start with.. for example... people living in/around the Everglades... OF COURSE YOU'LL HAVE GATORS AND LARGE SNAKES IN YOUR BACK YARD! What do they do? Call the cops and have the animals removed/killed... it was THEIR home first.. Why move there in the first place, dummy.. right?

It's sad about your dog and other pitbulls and breeds on that list. My best friend has a pitbull and he is just the sweetest biggest baby! I believe it's the OWNERS who make the dog. If you're evil and mean, then your dog will be too, no matter what breed it is.

I want to join (off to hunt) i think i have a few cbs that could work for it..... OFF TO PROTECT THE MISUNDERSTOOD

BOXERS are on the list?!?

I've lived with Boxers my whole life and my best friend, play-mate, and guardian when I was just a baby was my parents' Boxer, Homie.

Boxers are the sweetest and most gentle breeds on Earth!

If you don't know how gentle these big babies are, just watch this video:

EDIT:

Forgot to put in the most important part: When my cave gets bigger and I understand the breeding aspect of Dragon Cave more, I will definitely try to participate and/or help with this project.

Edited by Vulqostrun

I have an American Bulldog. Most people think he's a pit bull. That's a problem because BSL allows the law to apply to any dog that people *think* looks like a pit bull to be persecuted.

Maryland currently has a law that allows a dog one free pass. The owner is responsible for bills etc., if the dog bites, and the dog is then labeled as "known dangerous". After that, if the dog bites again, they are taken from the owner for eval, and usually, killing.

However, a recent court case led to the judge claiming pit bulls are "inherently dangerous". With a single declaration, the judge changed law, which is not his job. This placed pit bulls in the "strict regulation" category. That means no free pass, regardless of the animal's history. It also means that if a person rents a home, the landlord can be held responsible in addition to the owner. It's crazy.

I have encountered one dangerous pit bull, and he was, in fact, rabid.

I have encountered two Beagles who were both more aggressive than any pit bull I ever met and bit people freely and at will. I kind of don't like Beagles now. tongue.gif There is an official list at http://atts.org/breed-statistics/ where you can see human/dog interaction ratings. Pit bulls score better than Beagles. (They are listed as American Pit Bulls.)

Fortunately, the local representatives are against BSL and are working to legislate against it. I have confidence that Maryland will not be a BSL state, which makes me proud to be here.

Besides, if anyone tried to take my dog to be put down, they'd have to take me first.

All that said, I'm in. Will work on the specifics of my lineage after Halloween, though. Too much trading and IOU stuff going on, leading up to it. smile.gif

Thanks for starting this idea. Big image, just this once...

user posted image

Okay, I have some CB Spitfires that are BSL Pitbull labeled and named. Does anyone want to do a "breed" swap of some kind? I'm not fussy as long as it fits the rules of the thread.

Hope I did this right: http://dragcave.net/lineage/Ce6I4

My other two recent spitfires were not caveborn, so this is the only one that can join ATM.

Edit: Question: would Brimstones be included in this? They're not on the list, but they seem like they could be considered a 'dangerous' type of dragon. The new Lurkers could be too. And the UVs...and maybe the Olives.

Also, not quite sure why Terrae's are on the list...they seem pretty peaceful by description...is it just because of their huge size? I would think Greens (aka Pebble or Earth) would be more likely to be on the list (since they have the earthquake bsa), but they're not. blink.gif

Edited by VioletWhirlwind

THE DOGGIES!!! THE WOLFYS!!!!!!!!!!!!

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT'S IT!!! LEGISLATURE HAS GONE TOO FAR!!! AND I CAN RELATE TO THESE DOGGIES BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN DISCRIMINATED AGAINST SO MANY TIMES!!!! I'M DEFINITELY IN!!! AND I WILL DO MY BEST TO PUT A STOP TO ALL THIS!!!

Glad to see this is still up!

Am able to get my dragons renamed - and these two are important dragons.

^.^