She_Wolf67

Wolves

Far to overhyper for me, I don't get it I don't think they're as amazing and cool looking as people say :/

$0.02

I've read somewhere that people might like wolves so much because they look like some domesticated dog breeds, like huskies for example. Or some people may be just influenced too much by animes and movies.

For even another interesting thing, I also read something that said Hitler was a wolfaboo. blink.gif Weird.......

For even another interesting thing, I also read something that said Hitler was a wolfaboo.  blink.gif  Weird.......

There have been a lot of wierd things about Hitler, but thats completely off topic, I think both of your reasons are right, some people just like wolves because they like wolves, other people only like them because of anime and stuff, not that liking them for that reason is bad, I kind of want someone to tell me what appeals them about wolves, there are a lot of animals that hunt in packs, lots of animals have cool society systems, lots of animals very smart and lots of animals look very nice, I don't quite understand why wolves are most chosen

Edited by penguin_adu6oo

Pft I'll say that I started obsessing over wolves from anime. xd.png I'll say this right off the bat. But not anymore.

Wolfaboos did kinda ruin it for me though. I'm quite tired of seeing so many people playing as wolves, or talking about wolves or saying their "spirit animal" are wolves.

On the other hand, I do like how wolves seem so floofy and fierce.

I like wolves but have never brought up liking wolves and then when she brings up liking wolves I say I like them too happy.gif and now she thinks I copy her with everything when I said I like wolves too

I adore wolves. I have studies them for over fourteen years, since I was about 6ish. I know everything there is to know for a person not sleeping next to them in another wolf's pelt. The differences between captive and wild wolves are my favorite thing to explain to people [i will abstain from that here as this post would be too long to read] and get very annoyed when people are convinced the regular gray-on-white timber is the only wolf in the world [also won't get into that cause it would be too long]. To say they are my favorite animal would be an understatement. lol

I'd like to rescue a wolfdog one day, but not for several years when I own enough property and have a nice containment set up. I was actually scheduled to transport a high content wolfdog to the next province in a few weeks, but the person who was giving him up to the sanctuary ended up selling him to some random person instead. It was such a mess. I'm still looking around on kijiji or the spca website waiting for him to show up. He's been through several homes already.

user posted image

His name is Fenris. If anyone sees him floating around kijiji, craigslist, facebook, or other sites, please contact me. He has a better home still waiting for him.

Oh boy, that's awful :/ Sorry to hear that. He's beautiful too.

Might I ask what your job is, out of curiosity? x) Or was that a part of some volunteer work?

Oh boy, that's awful :/ Sorry to hear that. He's beautiful too.

Might I ask what your job is, out of curiosity? x) Or was that a part of some volunteer work?

I'm a university student, I was just going to do that because that wolfdog lived only about an hour away from me and we were heading to the next province anyway. Since he needed to make the same trip, it seemed like no sweat to bring him along.

Pet peeve: The massive amount of people who get a dog thats a mutt with some shepherd or husky in it, and parade it around being like " YEAH THIS IS MY WOLFDOG"

Wolves are lovely, but I prefer bobcats, cougars, and other wild cats to wolves.

/is and forever will be a cat person.

Wolves. Highly overrated. But absolutely awesome. They're one of my faves tongue.gif

Pet peeve: The massive amount of people who get a dog thats a mutt with some shepherd or husky in it, and parade it around being like " YEAH THIS IS MY WOLFDOG"

Yeah I absolutely hate that too. Another thing I hate is when the dog doesn't have shepherd or husky in it and doesn't resemble a wolf whatsoever and the person still claims it's a wolfdog. I once saw someone trying to claim their dog was part wolf when it looked like a horribly obese golden retriever. It was bright orange with floppy ears, short stumpy legs, and was probably wider than it was long. Yeah, totally wolfy looking rolleyes.gif.

I belong to a german shepherd forum and it's unreal the amount of people who try to say their dog is a shepherd/wolf mix or ask if their dog has wolf in it, then when you tell them their dog is just a regular purebred german shepherd they refuse to believe you. So many places have wolfdogs banned that I don't know why they fight the truth and still try to claim they have wolfdogs.

The misrepresentation of wolfdogs is hurtful, because if those fake wolfdogs ever bite someone that's going to be another law that's made restricting them and forcing owners to rehome them or have them put down.

I've actually read a lot of books about people's experiences with wolfdogs, and then when I get to the end and they show a picture of the so-called wolf it's just a husky or a german shepherd. Or their description of the animal's physical features and behavior gives it away. I think people feel comforted by their animals behavior problems when they tell themselves it's a wolf so they don't feel like such crappy owners for not even being able to handle a regular dog.

I don't like wolves, they are too mainstream. They aren't even the best hunters anyway, there are several land animals that hunt with better coordination.

wolves are awesome, and ive always wanted to see someone with a wolfdog in person. ive never seen one in real life. though it is a bit mainstream, they're still pretty cool. ^^

I don't like wolves, they are too mainstream. They aren't even the best hunters anyway, there are several land animals that hunt with better coordination.

Yeah, because tigers and lions are definitely not 'mainstream' at all rolleyes.gif .

I think it's bizarre to not like an animal because too many other people like them. They have a hard enough time finding their place in north america where they are considered to be a nuisance and a vital predator all at the same time, they don't need extra negativity for being 'too popular'. And considering that 50% of the posts on the front page of this thread say that wolves are 'overrated', I don't think they are too popular.

Yeah, because tigers and lions are definitely not 'mainstream' at all rolleyes.gif .

I think it's bizarre to not like an animal because too many other people like them. They have a hard enough time finding their place in north america where they are considered to be a nuisance and a vital predator all at the same time, they don't need extra negativity for being 'too popular'. And considering that 50% of the posts on the front page of this thread say that wolves are 'overrated', I don't think they are too popular.

Say that to the people that practically worship the animal. I say that they are too popular because I am constantly hearing about them in popular media, religion, superstition/myths, spiritualism and symbolism almost every day. Constantly hearing such metaphors like, "Lone wolf" and constant references for the damn animal when people lecture about leadership and the whole "alpha male" thing, constant repetition pisses me off. Sure, it may be ridiculous to not like something because of its wide acclaim, but sometimes thats just the way things are.

Say that to the people that practically worship the animal. I say that they are too popular because I am constantly hearing about them in popular media, religion, superstition/myths, spiritualism and symbolism almost every day. Constantly hearing such metaphors like, "Lone wolf" and constant references for the damn animal when people lecture about leadership and the whole "alpha male" thing, constant repetition pisses me off. Sure, it may be ridiculous to not like something because of its wide acclaim, but sometimes thats just the way things are.

The only people I know who worship the animal are the natives here. I don't know where you live or what sites you go on that you encounter that much wolfy stuff. The only time I hear people talking about wolves is when they think they have a wolfdog, or people complaining about how much people like wolves. Or in the news when wolves are killed for hunting livestock.

And the alpha male can be encountered is many other animals, not just wolves. That's your fault if you think people are always referencing wolves when they say it.

Edited by Syaoransbear

The only people I know who worship the animal are the natives here. I don't know where you live or what sites you go on that you encounter that much wolfy stuff. The only time I hear people talking about wolves is when they think they have a wolfdog, or people complaining about how much people like wolves. Or in the news when wolves are killed for hunting livestock.

And the alpha male can be encountered is many other animals, not just wolves. That's your fault if you think people are always referencing wolves when they say it.

That may be true, but more often than not, its a specific reference. Not to come off aggressive, But Im not simple, I know that alpha males exist in other species.

I love wolves. They're one of my favorites. I recently saw a news thing on MSN.com and they said that the government was going to have to execute a pack of wolves (in Yellowstone I think? or whatever) for killing a cow. But here's the thing: Cows had the fight bred out of them which makes it extremely easy for a few hungry wolves to hunt. And the rancher could've protected his livestock better too.

And people who claim they have wolfdogs but really don't own one are probably just idiots and dorks who want to feel and look awesome in front of experts and whatever. dry.giftongue.gif

So yeah... I find lots are actually dumber than they look especially when they give it away or try to claim they have things they don't >:Pdry.gif

I love wolves. They're one of my favorites. I recently saw a news thing on MSN.com and they said that the government was going to have to execute a pack of wolves (in Yellowstone I think? or whatever) for killing a cow. But here's the thing: Cows had the fight bred out of them which makes it extremely easy for a few hungry wolves to hunt. And the rancher could've protected his livestock better too.

And people who claim they have wolfdogs but really don't own one are probably just idiots and dorks who want to feel and look awesome in front of experts and whatever.  dry.gif  tongue.gif

So yeah... I find lots are actually dumber than they look especially when they give it away or try to claim they have things they don't >:P  dry.gif

You mean this article? Wolf pack that killed cattle taken out by sharpshooters

I wonder how many of these farmers that have issues with wolves utilize dogs that are designed to protect livestock or kill wolves.

The reason there are so many wolves in mythology and so many wolf idioms is not because they're popular, just common worldwide. They have a massive range throughout the northern hemisphere. They were also a feared predator which means they pop up in many stories and mythologies.

OH NOES MAINSTREEEAAAM. It's not bad to like (or dislike) something that's popular, as long as you actually, y'know, like (or dislike) it, and aren't just hopping on a bandwagon (or trying to be edgy/different/against the grain/whatever).

And the rancher could've protected his livestock better too.

You're right; the ranchers could have and should have taken some steps to better protect the livestock. Unfortunately, that wouldn't have guaranteed that none of the livestock would have been killed by the wolves.

Originally I thought relocation would've been a way better option with this situation, but then again if the pack was moved, wouldn't their cattle hunting drive move with them?

Edited by Alpha Gryph