She_Wolf67

Wolves

I think wolves are just so pretty and smart. They can be any color from white to brown to black, they have their own social system, and they take turns baby sitting! Aren't they amazing? laugh.gif

Overrated, hyenas are far more interesting.

ETA: And as 'omgspeshul' as people tend to think wolves are (especially in rearing pups), they're still canines and females will still kill another she-wolf's pups.

Edited by Dr. Paine

I think wolves have kinda become overrated now.

I've gotten to see wolves in person, without any cages between me and them, and I've played with wolf pups, so I can say first hand that, like any other dog, they are beautiful creatures with amazing personalities. They're very graceful, too. They're also doing a great job thinning down the deer here (which are severely overpopulated in my area)

Though once the herds are down to an area our environment can actually support, I won't be too sad when a few wolves get taken down as well, so that everything gets balanced out again.

I wouldn't mind a part-wolf dog someday, mostly because I like the fur patternings and the head shape in a dog

I love wolves. I think it's very sad and wrong that the government is letting people shoot and kill wolves on one island due to overpopulation. They should send them to a place where they need wolves, not kill them.

I've always felt sorry for the Omega wolf in the pack.

+1

Though I do like wolves.

Edited by Kayota

+1

Though I do like wolves.

Oh yeah, same here xd.png It's just that... they're neat, but there's so many other animals out there. Hell, there are so many other more CANINES out there.

The Gray Wolf is doing fine. So calm down and stop drawing them with neon pink fur.

Overrated or not, I love them... as many others said xd.png

Another canine I like a lot is the African Painted Dog. Those are amazing too and they don't get much love..

Edited by Mystic_Solara

Overrated pretty much sums it all up. I find them to be pretty meh, I like house dogs.

Also, about Omega wolves, I saw this preview when I went to the movies about a move about an Alpha wolf and an Omega wolf. Animated, yes. Probably overly childish, yes. Do I want to see it, EFFING YES!

Edited by scratcher_cat

Wolves are so overhyped that I'm close to just saying I hate their guts, but it's not true.

Going down a street around here once, I saw a wolf just standing at the side of the road and I must say... very beautiful creatures in person.

But I'm more of a bat fan. Honestly do not understand how wolves got as much popularity as they have now. :\ I can name various other creatures that are just as beautiful, if not moreso than a wolf.

Wolves are so overhyped that I'm close to just saying I hate their guts, but it's not true.

Going down a street around here once, I saw a wolf just standing at the side of the road and I must say... very beautiful creatures in person.

But I'm more of a bat fan. Honestly do not understand how wolves got as much popularity as they have now. :\ I can name various other creatures that are just as beautiful, if not moreso than a wolf.

Bats are awesome biggrin.gif

Only mammals capable of powered flight, man >D Wolves can never top that.

Love them. Very beautiful and primal. But people need to stop breeding them as pets, they aren't friggin pets.

Love them. Very beautiful and primal. But people need to stop breeding them as pets, they aren't friggin pets.

I don't know. I support exotic pet ownership.

I've gotten to see wolves in person, without any cages between me and them, and I've played with wolf pups, so I can say first hand that, like any other dog, they are beautiful creatures with amazing personalities. They're very graceful, too. They're also doing a great job thinning down the deer here (which are severely overpopulated in my area)

Though once the herds are down to an area our environment can actually support, I won't be too sad when a few wolves get taken down as well, so that everything gets balanced out again.

I wouldn't mind a part-wolf dog someday, mostly because I like the fur patternings and the head shape in a dog

I don't recommend trying to find a hybrid. They can turn on their owners because, as with any wild creature, they are not truly 'tame.' They can be friendly one minute and they can turn the next. wink.gif

I love wolves. I don't care that they may be overrated. Their beauty, grace, and free spirits will always make me a wolf lover. One issue where I live is about the Mexican grey, which was reintroduced somewhere here in the past few years, i believe. I'm not sure, so don't quote me on that. I love how wild and free they are. For me, wolves represent freedom and running wild. :3 Plus, they're beautiful-their range of pelt colors is amazing.

I hate the way governments see them as pests and the way farmers view them the same way also bothers me very much. The farmers and ranchers are actually sometimes encroaching on wolf territory, and the wolves of course are going to hunt on the territory they still claim, and if they prey is easy to get like a cow, of course they're going to go for that prey first. I think farmers and ranchers should look into the wildlife around before moving or making a farm or ranch into a certain area. That's just my opinion, though, and no, I don't hate farmers or ranchers.

^I agree very much with this.

Edited by Infinis

ETA: And as 'omgspeshul' as people tend to think wolves are (especially in rearing pups), they're still canines and females will still kill another she-wolf's pups.

This.

Wolves... they're alright. I like bats better. I like hyenas better. I like dogs better. I just can't understand the hype.

The fandom has ruined dragons, wolves, and Twilight for me. But Twilight sucked in the first place.

I like wolves in general, always have. But not because they're pretty (which they are), but for their social structure. If I don't major in math/physics then I'll major in anthropology, specifically primatology. I like to study the behaviors of animals, so this would be a logical choice. I've always found the behaviors of wolves to be interesting. Interesting because it gives insight into how we bred domesticated dogs to be what they are.

[Ok, and because Jacob is obviously amazing I must luff wolves to death. /sarcasm]

I don't know. I support exotic pet ownership.

I agree, but breeders are making wolfdogs and advertising them as wolves with a dog personality, which isn't true. And they do it on things like kiiji and craigslist where just any person can go and buy one. I remember driving down the highway and there was a sign on the side of the road that said WOLF X MALAMUTE PUPPIES FOR SALE -->. It's not safe for the average person to be owning these things. It should be regulated at the very least, like how many large, dangerous exotic animals require permits to own.

I think wolves have kinda become overrated now.

The wolfaboos kill them for me. Seriously.

I love them myself, but I'm not an "OMGWOLVES11SOSPESHULANDAMAZNG". I actually know a fair bit on them, and I've done my research, as they once lived in my area. They're mostly gone now, which is a shame. There are plenty of other animals just as interesting though, really.