dark_kitsune

Zombie Success stories

you don't have to kill a hatchling to make a zombie out of it.. in the week leading up to Halloween, just let a few hatchlings die from running out of time. As long as the dead hatchlings tombstones are still on your scroll when halloween rolls around you can then make attempts at reviving.

Oh, I can't do that either... It makes me feel like a bad mother....I have one zombie. That's all I need.

Question about Zombies: If you get a zonbie hatchling will it keep growing to be an adult zombie or is it like auto frozen?

Question about Zombies: If you get a zonbie hatchling will it keep growing to be an adult zombie or is it like auto frozen?

They are auto frozen in the stage they're in, with or without wings.

Last year, all my attempts stayed dead. The year before that, two evaded the sword and the other 3 were "Zombiefied". I'll try again this year. I'd like a gendered hatchie Zombie. I have two adults and one ungendered hatchie.

hold on i dont understand do they disappear after halloween is over and come back every halloween ? and also whats there point if thats what happens and can they be traded ?

They show up all day on the 31st of the month (in months that have them) then I think after midnight until 6am cave time every night.

They can't be traded.

I have 3 zombies. They were a magi, a daydream, and a white, when they were alive. xd.png

I am going to try to make a zombie out of a marrowxmagi pair and then maybe kill the magi and try that way. xd.png

I'm going to raise some zombie fodder after i'm unlocked. Gonna try with 4 adults and one frozen gendered hatchling. (Ungendered zombies look ugly to me O_O)

I tried in 09

got a hatchling and an adult so 2/5

I also tried this halloween to get the other stage hatchie but was 0/3

not sure if I am gonna try this year I can't even remember what stage my hatchie is at...I am usually sleeping when it appears on my scroll xd.png

hold on i dont understand do they disappear after halloween is over and come back every halloween ? and also whats there point if thats what happens and can they be traded ?

Zombies are permanent. You cannot kill them (they are already dead) and you cannot release them or trade them.

When you make a zombie, the tombstone of the dead dragon will stay on your scroll for 2 weeks just like any other dragon that has died. The zombies sleep (hide) during the day and "wake up" (are visible on the scroll) every night between 12 midnight and 6am Eastern US time. On the 31st day of those months with 31 days, the zombie's "tombstone" will show up on your scroll during the day. On Halloween, the zombies are awake all day long. It is on Halloween that you have the absolute best chance for trying to make a zombie.

If you had to physically kill a dragon (hatchling or adult) in order to make it a zombie then the zombie will permanently take away one of your 5 kill slots. However, if you let a hatchling die on its own by running out of time and then turn it into a zombie, it would not take up a kill slot (since you did not kill it). Hatchlings turned into zombies are automatically frozen - they never grow up.

If you want to do actions on your zombie like descriptions or naming you have to have a direct link to the dragon's page saved to access it during the day... otherwise you have to wait till after midnight to find it on your scroll to access their page.

Zombies also have a silly habit of randomly moving around on scrolls especially if you use custom sorting. If you sort your scroll by "breed", zombies will always sort by the original breed they were before becoming a zombie. If you need to sort your zombies you can only do it when they are awake.

you don't have to kill a hatchling to make a zombie out of it.. in the week leading up to Halloween, just let a few hatchlings die from running out of time. As long as the dead hatchlings tombstones are still on your scroll when halloween rolls around you can then make attempts at reviving.

I tried to kill a few hatchlings from sickness in 2009 on Halloween, but it just wasn't working.

I missed last Halloween but the year before that I failed. Mostly cause I don't understand how to 'revive' them >.<

Euuuhh, I know for sure my zombie adult was White. And I'm fairly sure the two hatchlings were Black.

I remember having 2 failures, and 3 successes. One failure was Black. The second might have been Stone? Not certain.

Has anyone successfully made a Zombie "lineage" (1+offspring and 2 Zombie parents)? Or have plans for trying?

When I tried last Halloween, I accidentally killed a hatchling that had successfully revived, so I wasted a kill slot. >.<

I have a male adult and a female hatchling. I have raised a bunch of fodder to try to get a female adult, male hatchling, and a ungendered hatchling - 5 of each. That way, if it doesn't take me all 5 slots to get a zombie, I can try for the other versions.

Has anyone successfully made a Zombie "lineage" (1+offspring and 2 Zombie parents)? Or have plans for trying?

I might do this biggrin.gif

I do have a neotropical female child of my zombie pair. http://dragcave.net/lineage/UTRO

Well I'm interested in getting at least a male and female zombie, but I'd also like a frozen hatchling. And since I missed last year's Halloween, I'll plan ahead and make sure to be ready for this year's.

I'll probably use Inbred dragons, see if that works.

I was thinking zombie parents and a frozen zombie hatchling xd.png

I killed like 7 dragons last year & not a single one turned! I guess I have horrid luck doing this! Already planning some kills for this year & marking them so I can find them easily. I thought it was an all day thing, is it only at midnight Eastern Time then?