Capture

The Most unexpected Plot Twists

Spy Glass (Glass Trilogy #3) by Maria V. Snyder That Opal chooses Devlen, the man who tortured her for three days, over Kade, the hot sexy Stormdancer!

The Sight

Edited by AruGard

Peeps and Specials by Scott Westerfeld. My Sister's Keeper and 19 Minutes by Jodi Pilicolt.

Peeps when despite all that Cal does to make sure Lace doesn't turn into a Peep, it turns out his cat gave her the parasite instead of him. Specials when Zane died, though part of me thought either he or David probably was going to die, it still shocked and horrified me when he actually did. My Sister's Keeper when after all Anna does to get herself medically emancipated, she and Campbell get in a deadly car accident immediately after leaving and she dies, giving her kidney to Kate after all. 19 Minutes when Josie reveals that while Peter was the one with the guns, she shot her boyfriend, Matt.

As long as I'm at it, Supernatural also has lots of jaw dropping, I can't believe they really did that moments. Such as Mary being burned on the ceiling in the pilot, when they get in the TOTALLY unexpected car accident at the end of the first season, when Sam gets possessed by Meg, when Sam gets killed(God that one still makes me cry) the first Dean death in Mystery Spot, Dean actually not honest to God getting out of his deal and going to Hell, Castiel(Nuff said), their mom being a hunter, Sam drinking Demon blood, them having a little brother Adam who is dead before they get to meet, the angels not wanting to stop the Apocalypse, Lilith's death being the final seal, Dean being Michael's vessel and while we are less shocked because it plays up the whole "brother vs brother" thing they've been creating since the last season, Sam being Lucifer's vessel, the Trickster being an Archangel, Anna being a traitor, Dean throwing away the amulet(poor Sammy! Really nasty scene there Dean. That was just malicious.), Chuck being God, Sam returning from Lucifer's cage, and finally Sam missing his soul.

Edited by Pinkie

I'd have to say in the City of masks when the Duchessa revels who her daughter is. Though sense it's hinted at in the book I wasn't too surpised.

Another unexpected plot twist was in this book. who's title I've COMPLETELY forgotten was when the kidnapped son who was taken away from the abusive serial killer father turned out to be the boy he was lying to be

I'd have to say the biggest plot twist that I've ever read was in the very last book of the series "The Keys to the Kingdom" by Garth Nix. It was huge because usually in books you expect something to go unexpectedly. But in the last book, of seven books, in the last few pages, Arthur finds out that he just destroyed the world hes been saving, that everything he loved and knew is gone, and everyone he thought was evil and was trying to stop were (perhaps evil) right! It makes the books you read before seem like such a tearing-your-hair-out mess! Gaah! And also in the Dark Tower Series... but at least in that book you knew something was going to happen! lol

Animorphs series: It going complete full-on not-at-all happy ending wasn't something I expected when the last book was published. Of course I was 15 when it came out in 2001 and I wasn't expecting my favorite book series at the time to end in the remaining main characters going off in a last-ditch f**k you at a villain who manages to be terrifying even though he's only featured in the final book.

Changes, book twelve of The Dresden Files: Just about everything. Name something and I didn't expect it (even though the book's name screams that things are going to go vastly sideways from where they were).

A Song of Ice and Fire: Various but namely Eddard's beheading. Robb's death. Joffrey's death (though I silently cheered). Okay, I'll sum it up with that I haven't expected any of the deaths (or much else for that matter).

Dragonriders of Pern: Robinton dying. I had to reread those pages about four times on my initial reading of that book to make sure I'd read right.

Not putting this in spoilers/white/whatever, as I seem to be the only person on the site who reads the books... xd.png

But Mass Effect: Retribution. Aria having a daughter was certainly unexpected, her working with freaking Cerberus even moreso.

There are Mass Effect books??? O_O

I'm playing Dragon Age now, and I'm LOVING it. BioWare makes such amazing plots!

There are Mass Effect books??? O_O

I'm playing Dragon Age now, and I'm LOVING it. BioWare makes such amazing plots!

Three biggrin.gif Revelations (pre-ME1), Ascension (between ME1/ME2), and Retribution (post-ME2)

I've got them all, and they are absolutely fantastic. And Ascension also has the point of having a realistic autistic character...

Ahhh. The Pendragon Series and a lot of things by Stephen King are my favorite books because of all the twists and turns. :3 I love suspense/twists and I just get so much joy out of it.

Specifically (kind of) I'd say in Pendragon, basically any time SD revealed himself/was revealed. Although I did manage to get a little wise to it near the last few books. (not white because I don't feel like it's really a "spoiler".)

Nothing specific for King though...just pretty much anything he's ever written. xd.png

In this manga series called 'Two Flowers for the Dragon' book I think 5 or 6 or 7...One of the male characters freakin' betrayed the protagonist. I won't say who, but someone did. When he did that, I was like what the f**k!

It's not a book, but the plot twist in the game Star Ocean 3. Mind = blown. You'll never think the same again about your life or the SO franchise.

SPOLIER ALERT!!!! READ LIAR BY JUSTIN LARBALESTIER THEN COME BACK!!!!

Liar by Justine Larbalestier has the weirdest plot twist I have ever seen. It is from the perspective of a compulsive liar, so there are constant Oh, that thing I said earlier, that isn't true For example, she says she has a brother. Than she says he doesn't exist, and then she says she has a brother but he is dead. Then on page 171, Micah (the narrator) says she is a werewolf. Up until now it has been realistic fiction and so it is a huge plot twist when halfway through the book it turns out the main character is a werewolf. If you haven't read the book and just read this, sorry to spoil it for you, but you were warned. It is still a good book, even if you know what is coming.

In the Mysterious Benedict Society when you find out Constance's age

This reminds me of The Coquette, with an age surprise also. Though it seems to have been written that she was the age she seemed and then the change was tacked on at the end.

It's been awhile since I read this, but I remember that one shocking part in The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray...

SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T COMPLETED CIRQUE DU FREAK!

In Cirque Du Freak When Desmond Tiny says he is Darren and Steve's father...my face was like this in order: huh.gifohmy.gifwink.gifblink.gif

LOL it shocked me...but after a while it kind of made sense....

The other shocking thing in those books....

Finding out HARKAT WAS KURDA SMAHLT! ninja.gif

Edited by DarkPanther

At the end of Warriors: Night Whispers, when Flametail wanders into the Dark Forest and Ivypaw is told to kill him.

I have to say in the 8th book of the pendragon series, when Pendragon blows up the flume and traps himself and SD on Ibara

I love pendragon smile.gif

In The Dragon Heir, when Jason died. Also, The Wizard Heir, when it turns out Aunt Linda is The Dragon didn't surprise me so much, but Linda and whatsisface being Seph's parents really threw me for a loop.