Capture

The Most unexpected Plot Twists

It's a comic, so it counts dry.gif

The Left 4 Dead comic: The original survivors being carriers, the carrier gene being passed from the father's side... And Zoey. Just Zoey. Glad to know my character of choice is so far the one with the most emotional baggage!

An unexpected twist I was unprepared for was of that in The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan! I didn't expect:

1.) Bast to come back from the Duat

2.) Sadie's and Carter's Dad to die

3.) Zia being most of the time a shabti

4.) Carter and Sadie giving up Horus and Isis

Hm...I'd say Mockingjay.

Spoilers-- hilight to read.

I thought that the part in the middlish about Peeta wanting to kill katniss because his mind was hijacked by the tracker jacker poison was really interesting, and the part about Finnick being killed was nice, near the end. And also, the shooting of Coin was cool...and the part where katniss chose peeta in the end was disappointed for me, because I wanted Gale, but still I guess Peeta's better than Katniss living alone.

>_>

I came here with the intent of posting all that. Anyway, agreed.

In the book, Fearless:

Stargazer betrayed her? N-NOT expected! Then Fearless dies? Holy cow on a moped!

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but in Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Last Olympian when we find out that Silena was the spy and when she dies.

Hmm..

When Snape killed Dumbledore, my brain went poof..

And maybe in Warriors when Cinderpaw/heart/pelt got pwnzordz by a car. :c

Plot twists.. hmm, in most of The Dark Tower series.. each book had major plot twists I was not expecting.

And in A Song of Ice & Fire, the first book A Game of Thrones, when Edward was beheaded halfway through the first book. My jaw went through the floor. It was up to his CHILDREN to carry on his legacy and defeat the house of Lannister.

I know what happened to Cinderpelt. Hence the Cinderpaw/pelt/heart.

;_;

Another cool lil' twist in warriors was when we found out that Mothwing was actualy a fake medicine cat planted by Hawkfrost. :3

Mmmm... I usually predict things before they happen, but I remember way back when I was reading Tailchaser's Song for the first time... The Reveal about Eatbugs. Honestly? I kinda figured at the time that it would be Fritti or something, seeing as he was the titular main character and all.

And I don't know why it's taken me 9001 reads and many years to realize there was foreshadowing with the whole Ninebirds story thing. |D

Another cool lil' twist in warriors was when we found out that Mothwing was actualy a fake medicine cat planted by Hawkfrost. :3

True. And the whole thing with Holly.

Wasn't surprising for me. Totally called it.

In the Vladimir Tod books, when Vlad's father turned out to be alive and evil and actually made Vlad for the sole purpose of enslaving humans and vampires.

If anyone has read the Pendragon series, when Kasha died, when Nevva was found a traitor to the Travelers, and when Ibara was discovered to be only an island of a larger territory, Veelox. Those were the main twists that threw me in that series, even though there were a lot.

In Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, when we learn about Snape's motiviations and past, that kinda shocked and awed me. Also, when Rita Skeeter comes out with all the slander about Dumbledore, I was a bit thrown for a loop.

In Warriors, I though the most twisted thing of all time was when we learned that Tigerheart was the new leader of Shadowclan. I remember reading that and going "o_O".

That's all I can think of, as of right now.

Edited by eggy

-Insert long list of spoilers here-.

That's all I can think of, as of right now.

Yo!

Put the spoilers in white!

Hmm...

A few spoilers in the 'Evil Genius' books by Catherine Jinks...

Another few in the Eragon series...

Hmm...

OYAH.

There were so many plot twists in the Kiesha'ra series, it hurt my mind @___@

Greg Bear's Vitals. All of it.

Anything by Greg Bear hits me like this at least once per novel.

Greg Egan - who I first confused Bear with - does this practically every few pages @__@

In AF: The Lost Colony, when that ****er Abott killed Holly. I went WTF??!! And when artemis brought her back my jaw dropped to the floor and I went even more wtf.

That's the "Wolves of the Calla" book by Stephen King: at its final pages Father Callahan suddenly finds a Salem's Lot, a book by Stephen King where this hero originally appeared, and starts to doubt that he is real.

That was unexpected.

Almost every book of R. Zelazni has one or more twists that could be mentioned here, like the main hero suddenly realizing he is in fact a Babylon dragon's dream, or the main hero SUDDENLY being blinded and held captive in a prison for three years, or the main hero's best friend turning out to be his long-lost mischievous father in disguise blink.gif, or even the main hero having no choice but to invert himself in a dire way to be able to communicate with an alien inside...

Edited by Fabulo

i'm gonna word it without spoilers

snape, deathly hollows, near the end laugh.gif

i'm rereading the book before the movie comes out and i can't wait to get to that chapter

same as eggy's post

There were so many plot twists in the Kiesha'ra series, it hurt my mind @___@

I've only read the first two books. ;~;

I can't wait until I can get my hand son the resttttt.

But yeah. Poor Rei.

Also, his Dark Materials.

When Lyra and Will had to leave each other. I cried. And when Lyra's uncle/father killed Roger. Also cried. And when Lyra's father/uncle and mother dies. I was not expecting that one.

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

The Messenger by Lois Lowry

The Sight by David Clement-Davies

Firebringer by David Clement-Davies

The Sorceress by Michael Scott (Still was thrown for a loop the second time I read it when Joan and Scatty were taken to a prehistoric age by a leyline trap.)

The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray

Edited by RubyRed74