Capture

The Most unexpected Plot Twists

In The Darkest Hour, how Scorge kills Tigerstar. All nine lives, just down the drain. And for a plot line cat like Tigerstar? blink.gif

I knew it was coming, Because I read spoilers all the time, but it was still a shock. I almost cried, then realized he was a bad guy, then I wanted to kill Scourge myself. Thank you Firestar!

It was never actually revealed in the books (I think), but when I found out that ɹǝɥʇoɹq-ɟןɐɥ s,ɹɐʇsǝɹıɟ sı ǝƃɹnoɔs I was all 'Oh. My. GOSH'.

In Graceling where Katsa figures out Po is blind. I went O.O

In Delirium when Lena learns her mother's alive then later when Lena and Alex get caught together. And although I saw it coming, I was upset when Lena escaped and watched Alex get shot and killed.

In Everafter where its revealed that Hana's mom shot and killed both Gabe and Maddy in front of Hana. Kept expecting it her and Gabe's death to be Tammy's fault...that she was pissed at Maddy for snitching on her. I never really saw it coming that Hana's mom was the one that killed them...

Then, although it's not a published story, in the Fifth Act (An FF7 fan fic I've recently read) ...well, all of chapter 27 to be honest. When Hojo realizes that Cloud traveled back in time... where its revealed that President Shinra is Cloud's father. And then later when Kunsel is captured and he also pieces together the puzzle pieces. And again, although I sort of saw it coming, I was also in shock when Cloud took a bullet for Sephiroth...then later when Cloud got possessed by JENOVA. And finally, the one that beats them all, when Cloud tries to kill himself and Sephiroth in one idiotic attack. Finally while not a plot twist but rather an extremely funny scene, when Zack realizes that Spike and Cloud are the same person. I was almost on the floor laughing picturing his sunny, michevious expression at the excitement of his little discovery. Best story ever.

Gregory Maguire's "Wicked Years" series is great at maintaining a suspension of disbelief, and manages to elicit quite a bit of excitement and shock out of me at times!

In Chasers (James Phelan) , at the very end, you find out Min, Anna and Dave were all illusions of Jesse's mind. He was actually alone the whole time. He did everything he pretended someone else did, like shooting a Chaser, taking shifts with himself and scraping away food. It's so crazy, I thought hey were alive, not dead D:

In the movie "Dead Silence", where the old man was actually a puppet. WHAT?!?

Assassin's Creed 2 (tongue.gif), where after you solve all the glyph things, you unlock that strange film clip.

The new...sorta...Sherlock Holmes movie, where he solves everything...

Brandon Mull writes some of the best plot twists I've ever read. At the end of the 4th Fablehaven book, Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary, when it turns out that Gavin is really Navarog, that blew my mind. And I liked him, too, so I was kinda sad that he died.

Another great "whaaaat?" moment in Brandon Mull's writing was at the end of his latest book, Beyonders: A World Without Heroes. Once Jason and Rachel had discovered all the syllables of the magic word, I was like, "where else could the series possibly go? Defeat the bad guy, happy ending, show's over in one book." But then it turned out that they'd only found a decoy word. I completely did not expect that, and now I'm really anxious for the second book!

Brandon Mull writes some of the best plot twists I've ever read. At the end of the 4th Fablehaven book, Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary, when it turns out that Gavin is really Navarog, that blew my mind. And I liked him, too, so I was kinda sad that he died.

Another great "whaaaat?" moment in Brandon Mull's writing was at the end of his latest book, Beyonders: A World Without Heroes. Once Jason and Rachel had discovered all the syllables of the magic word, I was like, "where else could the series possibly go? Defeat the bad guy, happy ending, show's over in one book." But then it turned out that they'd only found a decoy word. I completely did not expect that, and now I'm really anxious for the second book!

I had a suspicion about Gavin. xP

I didn't see the whole word being a decoy bit coming.

In Reckless, I did not see the brother only having a certain little time to live because the fairy helped him.

In The All-Pro by Scott Sigler when the Krakens ship is attacked by the Cloud and winds up missing. Gah! I need The MVP to come out. Dx

In Contagious by Scott Sigler when he just kills off Dawsey and Dew easy peasy lemon squeezy. Dx Although, things like that are why I love Sigler.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

And also in the series, how the Band is exiled.

um...

The book is called exile so,

That was just the plot, not a plot twist.

Somebody mentioned Dexter, so I just couldn't resist. When we find out the Trinity Killer is actually the Quad killer, who not only kills a man, woman, and daughter in each kill cycle but a young boy as well. And then after Dexter FINALLY takes him down... Dex comes home and finds out he killed Rita!!! I couldn't believe it.

I must be reading the wrong books, because I can't really think of anything that made me go "WOAH". I think most of the time a twist turns up in a book, I end up thinking "yeah, I would have wrote it like that too". LOL

I guess the ending to the Da Vinci Code was kind of interesting. The movie cuts it out entirely, though. :|

I could name several things in TV shows that made me shocked, though. Someone go make a post for that! XD

Edited by MysticTiger

In the Black Mage Chronicles, when Akkarin died. I was totally not expecting him to die, and actually, there were quiet a few ways that end could have been avoided.

Oh! After seeing the movie first, there were quite a few things surprising in the books mostly because they were so different. However, considering how the second movie happened, it was a bit shocking that compys kill John Hammond in the Jurassic Park book.

Ghost Trick, at the end: Surprise! The main character is a dead cat! Well, TVTropes spoiled it for me earlier, but it still managed to be a shocking revelation. It was that good.

And pretty much every single thing that happens in Homestuck, ever.

...I need to start reading/watching/playing things that other people read/watch/play.

Well, I was reading the Horus Heresy books and, even though it's set in the 30ks in a game called Warhammer 40k, some of the twists managed to shock me- when you'd think they were actually kind of a given. Like the moment Horus actually turned traitor after Davin. I mean, given the title of the SERIES it shouldn't be a shock, but the way it was written made it surprise me... Oh, and not forgetting that Magnus was practically FORCED to turn to Chaos, when he was only trying to help and when Fulgrim killed his brother Ferrus Manus, then let the daemon take him over- gods, but that made me cry. The emotion in it was just... Urgh. Can't describe it.

In the Merry Gentry Book Swallowing Darkness when we find out that Cel was the one who killed Merry's father. I was surprised since i thought it would be someone else.

Yeah, this and Harry surviving. A lot ( alot.pngtongue.gif ) of people expected him to die, mostly so that there couldn't be hundreds of copy-cats with pathetic little stories. I'm all for survival, but the end was pretty terrible if you ask me. It seemed Rowling didn't put any heart into it. There was just something wrong with it, in comparison with the rest of the later books.

WHAT!? You didn't like the ending? I though it was amazing. Normally I get annoyed with the predictability of story endings, like how the main character always survives, but this time I didn't expect the main character to 'die' and come back to life. I've read the series about seven times, and I love the ending every time. *is a big Harry Potter fan*

In Fablehaven: Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary (or something like that; it's been a while sense I've read the books) when Gavin turned out to be the evil dragon lord.

From Dragon Quest 9 (Ninetendo DS)

When Aquila turned evil and you couldn't fight him, so you had to eat the fygg. I didn't expect that...