Capture

The Most unexpected Plot Twists

In SkyClan's Destiny, when you find out that Leafstar and Billystorm have feelings for each other. And also when the Twolegplace cats come.

The Plot twist in catching fire, the second book in the Hunger Games, whenKatniss destroys the dome force field but is then picked up by the hovercraft that is later discovered to belong to district 13. I expected 13 to exist due to the hints earlier in the book but I didn't expect it to be introduced that quick and that Haymitch had known about the rebel plot all along.

In Bleach, when the good guys win because it's revealed they were only using two percent of their power.

-shot-

The Loch by Steve Alten. Just, the whole book. There are so many plot twists.

Edited by rainbowarmadillo

In Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone when you find out that Snape isn't the one making Harry's scar hurt or trying to knock him off his broomstick, and Quirrell is. Snape is trying to save Harry.

~Cavey

the end of HP 6th book when Dumbledore died (I couldn't believe my eyes), and the end of HP 7th book when Snape turned out to be good.

also the end of Fight Club, when the Narrator realised that he was Tyler.

In I,Q: Independence Hall, when you find out that Angela's mother had an identical twin and wasn't dead after all.

Got a few more now:

In Identical when it's revealed that there were never actually twins. Just one seriously fd up girl. Her sister was real, but she died in a car accident and ever since she's taken on a second personality she's labeled Raenne. I sort of guessed at it, but it still was pretty mind blowing, considering how nasty Raenne was.

In House of the Squirpion, several times, when Felica admits she is out to get Matt to her demonic little basturd of a son, when the Keepers dump Matt and Chacho into that pit to die, when Matt first realizes El Patron is going to kill him for organs, when Tam Lin is revealed to have killed people, and finally the biggest mother of them all when El Patron poisons all of his family and friends from beyond the grave and thereby turns Matt into the legal overlord of the El Patron estate and most of Opium. Love that book so much.

In Pit Dragons: Heart's Blood. When Sarkkhan gets blown up, Jakkin and Akki get blamed for his murder, and then Heart's Blood...god I can barely type it...dies, shot the same way her father was for linear symetry... Nuff said :'(

In Dragons in Our Midst Rising Dragons. When Billy's dad gets shot but then later comes back in his true form.

In the sequel, when Bonnie's mom is revealed to be alive and is saved by Bonnie and Billy.

Finally, tv show wise Dexter when the Ice Truck Killer is revealed to be Rudy who's actually Brian Moser, Dexter's older brother. Saw the Rudy part coming, but not the fact that they were brothers. My eyes were practically dinner plates. Also, when Doakes discovered Dexter's blood slides, then when Doakes caught Dexter and Dex admitting to being the Bay Harbor Butcher. Not to mention Dex's awesome headbutt which got Doakes banned from police work. God, so many good parts in that twisted show.

Edited by Pinkie

In The Sight, the main character Larka actually does die in the end.

And then in Fell, it turns out she might have lived, but some jerk came by and killed her for prestige. OH HURRDURR I KILLED A WOLF.

In The Curse of Chalion, when Cazaril attempts to work death magic in order to keep Iselle from having to marry a corrupt, probably abusive sum*censorkip.gif. I was all like "Holy crap, what?"

Not putting this in spoilers/white/whatever, as I seem to be the only person on the site who reads the books... xd.png

But Mass Effect: Retribution. Aria having a daughter was certainly unexpected, her working with freaking Cerberus even moreso.

wait whaa?

Links ! I need links!

For me..it was when Rorschach took his mask off in watchmen infront of daniel, considering that Nite Owl II didn't even KNOW Walter was Rorschach...it startled me

... who's the father Patriarch?

Edited by Sorrowgrave

This isn't a book, but the movie "The Uninvited" had a splendid twist to it. It was one of those classic twists, but I loved it all the same. Almost like the twist in the "Sixth Sense". biggrin.gif

And I'm not even sure what HBP is. blink.gif

In Maximum Ride: Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports, when Anne goes "that was all a dream!" I actually went back a few paragraphs and reread. Twice. Definitely a "whoa" moment xd.png

In Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows where Harry is hit with the Avada Kedavra curse and just barely survives. It's not every day you hit someone with a gun or something and they fall, and then a few moments later they're like boiiiiing.

~Cavey

Study in Emerald. Oh how I love :3

In The Curse of Chalion, when Cazaril attempts to work death magic in order to keep Iselle from having to marry a corrupt, probably abusive sum*censorkip.gif. I was all like "Holy crap, what?"

I am not the only one who reads Bujold! <3 /redeemed

In Warriors: Sign of the Moon: WHAT HOLLYLEAF'S ALIVE ;____; I mean I already knew that from previous spoilers that the Erins posted or something, but still.

Several of Dick Francis's books. He deliberately leaves out one clue to the mystery, so there are bound to be surprise endings but Hot Money really takes the cake. The murderer is actually Serena

Sam getting the ring at the end of Two Towers and Frodo losing a finger and Gollum saving the day in Return of the King. Also the story not ending right after they win.

Everyone dieing at the end of Chronicals of Narnia. Yech. Hated that.

Wanda saying "No more Mutants" and Magneto's inability to decide which side he's on... Everytime he switches it's what?! The discovery of his real name... And the fact that it is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! Eisenhardt=Iron hard. Max is most likely Moshe in Hebrew, and we all know what Moses did...

Choker by Elizabeth Woods. Unless you find out some other way, you definitely will be shocked by what happens in this book. It's actually scared a couple of my friends...

Honestly, a lot of the Guardians of Ga'Hoole books had some really good plot twists. Although the length of each individual book is a bit short, they've got a real good storyline to keep 'em interesting.

Honestly, was not expecting Soren's parents to be dead or his brother to be Metal Beak.

Arthur Herzog's book Orca and the film version Killer whale. First I saw the film and then I read the book, and they end very differently. And both endings are understandable and you feel it was right to happen.

The film ends with the male throwing tge captain out of the water, but his head hits the iceberg and he dies. It is left unclear whether this happened on the orca's intention or was it an accident, but it's very similar to how the female orca died.

In the book, the orca and the man see into each other's eyes and reach the point of understanding. Having the man defeated, the orca leaves him on the ice and swims away victorious.

My Sister's Keeper

That plot twist was pure genius. I won't give spoilers, but to anyone who read the book, you know what I'm talking about. I hate how the movie cut out that epic plot twist. That's the whole reason I stood up and screamed at the TV screen when the movie was over. I was just so disappointed in the conclusion.

Yes. Yes, yes, yes.

Also, when I read the title of the topic, thr first thing I thought of was City of Bones, just like in the first post. Yay!

--- at the end of Two Towers and --- and --- in Return of the King. Also the story not ending right after ---.

--- at the end of Chronicals of Narnia. Yech. Hated that.

gah! kingsdaughter613 If you're not going to go by the "spoilers in white" rule at least type the title to which you're referring first so someone can scan on by sad.gif I hadn't had anything else spoiled for me in this entire thread. I mean I know I can't reasonably complain about spoilers on a thread like this but I didn't have that problem with anyone else's post. Not that I really enjoyed the Narnia books but I've been enjoying the movies :/

Anyway lots of jaw droppers in Harry Potter, LOTS. Mockingjay as well. I was SHOCKED at the big twist in City of Bones, but I wasn't too shocked at how that turned out in the end. I was surprised about lots of other stuff there though. I had a rather different kind of shock at the end of Brisignr too because I STILL didn't know he decided to write a 4th book. I was also very surprised at many things in the Gemma Doyle trilogy, most of all the ending.

John Dies at the End is another good book for plot twists. In fact every other page contains one and the book is so messed up that I honestly can't remember if the title is telling the truth Oo

I've read a good few, but one that definitely stuck out was the end of Moreta's Ride in the Dragonriders of Pern series.

Spoiler belowwww

Oh golly, Moreta and Holth dying. I could feel it coming when Holth said she was tired, but... ldsjfklj;fd. It made me tear up so bad. XD