Capture

The Most unexpected Plot Twists

Oh and one of the Maximum Ride books... the second one I think when Angel turns out to be a double agent

Oh and one of the Maximum Ride books... the second one I think when Angel turns out to be a double agent

That was good, but then

when she turns out to be Max's spy was really shocking, and when Ari helped the flock escape.

Oh, Deficiency, by Andrew Neiderman, was just amazing. The antagonist, an unnamed man with the lack of a true identity, takes specific nutrients from young women, like a health vampire, and they end up dying because of the great deficiency. However, there's another man by the name of Clark Kent who looks exactly like him, and the main protagonist gets a bit suspicious. However, it turns out that Clark Kent was some sort of scientist that produced a clone. He's on the search for the unnamed man to "improve" his clone to such a state that the clone won't need to steal nutrients from the bodies of women. But then, when they finally meet at a cheap motel, the clone kills the creator and takes on the creator's identity... and the book isn't even finished there yet.

For readers over the age of 18 (tere is some filthy smut in the book) The morgan kingsley series by jenna black is amazinng. It's about an exorcist in a world where demons are common, and the exorcist's job is to find "illegal demons" like illegal aliens from the demon world. You'd never guess what happens in it when people start to be possesed.

The ending for the Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson was completely unexpected. @n@ I still think the somewhat tragic ending is suitable though but my friend disagrees xd.png

YES I'M READING HARRY POTTER FOR THE FIRST TIME DON'T JUDGE ME

anyway, in the first book when you find out snape wasn't working for Voldemort.

Edited by Stunningfire

The ending for the Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson was completely unexpected. @n@ I still think the somewhat tragic ending is suitable though but my friend disagrees xd.png

That's very true, but Brandon Sandersons books are all full of unexpected plot twists.

No matter how many books of him I read and how much I am expecting unbelievable things to happen, I end up being totally shocked because this great great man surprises me with things I would never have thought of.

Other unexpected plot twists?

Well, there are plenty, but nothing can be compared with Brandon Sanderson, the god of writing.

I am quite surprised of what was written in the first post about the Mortal Instruments series

Major spoiler alert:

Nothing in those books surprised me in any way.

The whole thing about Jace and Clary was so obvious and I knew after City of Bones it would all end well for everyone.

It would have been cool if Jace actually had died in the end of City of Glass. I neve rliked him and his death would have been surprising. When he died, I thought at this very moment "Ok, and how will they bring him back?" I never believed he was really going to die. I absolutely didn't like him, so I was kind of disappointed when he came back to life biggrin.gif

Edited by Gluria

About half of A Dance with Dragons was unexpected, especially the revelation of a new contender for the Iron Throne.

Also, I did NOT expect the ending of All the Weyrs of Pern! It was so sad.

I don't know if anyone as read Naomi Novik Temeraire Books but I was surprised that:

the real reason that the Chinese delegate wanted Termeraire back was to usurp the throne for a younger brother so that he could cut off contact with other European countries.

... I mean i thought of everything but that. Novik made it so that you wouldn't even suspect until the very last chapter. I enjoyed the surprise greatly.

About half of A Dance with Dragons was unexpected, especially the revelation of a new contender for the Iron Throne.

I am not fully convinced that the new contender for the Iron Throne is legitimate.

In Inkspell when Dustfinger and Farid died.

In Inkdeath when you find out that Resa is pregnant.

In the Hunger Games book 3,Mockingjay when Finnick dies and when Prim dies and when Katniss kills President Coin.

Skulduggery Pleasant Books 4 + 6 (I'm obsessed with these at the moment xd.png)

Why is Sklulduggery so EVIL? Lord Vile! And Valkerie's not much better, Darquess? I wonder why... Neither of these was really expected when I read them for the first time, why are they so evil yet good at the same time??? xd.png

Edited by Shadowwolf6

Someone earlier mentioned Ender's Game. YES. I was definitely not expecting that.

I just mailed my brother Ender's Game & Ender's Shadow for his birthday...he loved them. biggrin.gif

And yeah, there are so many plot twists in Ender's Game! ohmy.gif

Ummm, not sure if this has been said, but I wasn't expecting the ending of the third Thirst novel by Christopher Pike. Not going to divulge the secret because I'm going to say that you have to read them! Great great books.

In the Hunger Games when the wolf mutts attack and they have the the dead tributes' DNA.

And in Mockingjay when Katniss decides to believe Snow and kills Coin instead.

And then in Fell, it turns out she might have lived, but some jerk came by and killed her for prestige. OH HURRDURR I KILLED A WOLF.

Thank you, Fell! I wanted to strangle Vladeran from the beginning, and even more so after I read that. Also, I was not expecting Morgra to actually have good intentions in the end.

I have to say, I was really shocked in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, when...

---SPOILER ALERT---

Finnick died

It was really silly.

In the Trickster's Queen, I was surprised when Sarai ran off with Zaimid to marry him and live in Carthak. I was hoping for her to return to the Copper Isles and take her place as queen after the Rivettons fall. But that never happened as Dove ended up queen instead. I wasn't mad about it, because I thought Dove would have made a better queen. She's so smart and observing.

*twitche*

Ender's Game, all of those books really are up there with Twilight and Catcher in the Rye as the WORST BOOKS EVER WRITTEN.

I hate hate hated them!

all of those books should be burned to ashes, erased forever and the titles banned from ever being used again (Sort of like how in another context Adolf isn't allowed as a name )

As for plot twists, the Doe in the harry potter books.

The much-anticipated end to the Harry Potter series. The final face-off between Voldy and Harry...[white-font spoilers from here on out but you should have read the series by now if you care..] I was one of the many people dying to get my hands on the seventh book when it came out, and I read the entire book in one day - no joke - because I had to see who died and who lived. I really wanted Harry to live, because I was like ten years old (yeah I started reading the series when I was seven) and of course I was rooting for the good guy but now I'm a little disappointed Voldy didn't end up killing Harry, it would have made for a less cliche and much more dramatic ending. But I love love loved the part where Malfoy's mom had to declare if Harry was dead and she asked if Malfoy was okay and Harry was all like "he's okay" and then she said he was dead...but Voldy ended up dying and Harry had kids and so did Ron and Hermione (I love them as a couple like omg)...oh JK Rowling you are a magician, a magician of a writer...[/spoilers]