Dr. Paine

However, it is strange how a lot of people seem to have their parents killed by firebenders.

Amon, Mako & Bolin, and Asami. I think somehow that's supposed to be all connected, but I'm not sure. >>;

Also, I totally have changed my opinion on Asami now. At first I was completely convinced she was some double-agent type character that was only with Mako to get to Korra, but now I think otherwise completely. Although now I fear she'll be pushed to the Equalists because of jealousy...

Agh, I just want to jump into the show and steal her away ;~;

Also, Asami reminds me of June the Bounty Hunter.

Yeah I also feel like it's somehow supposed to be connected.

I totally agree with you about Asami being pushed to the equalists because of jealousy. I think she's going to do something bad soon.

Yeah I also feel like it's somehow supposed to be connected.

I totally agree with you about Asami being pushed to the equalists because of jealousy. I think she's going to do something bad soon.

It would be awesome if

1. Zuko tried to kill Amon, failed because Amon had Koh's powers, but succeeded in killing his parents.

2. Bolin and Mako's parents were secretly evil and so Zuko tried to apprehend them, failed and it became a fight and he killed them out of self-defense.

3. Zuko knew about Mr. Sato's dark dealings which he was leaning towards even when Asami's mother was alive and so tried to call things to a halt, during which a scuffle broke out, Asami's mother barges in because she doesn't have a clue what's happening, gets a fireblast full in her face, and dies.

4. Zuko feels so guilty over stuff he gives up his lordship and travels, repenting his sins.

xd.png I'm such a conspiracy theorist.

ETA: Or maybe Zuko's not personally responsible-for example, I think Zuko killing Bolin and Mako's parents would be a bit contrived-but what if it was at Zuko's orders-such as Amon's family living nearby, they were searching, and one of the soldiers got overzealous?

Edited by ylangylang

Maybe Azula broke out of jail and just went crazy on a tonne of people tongue.gif . I assume she spent the rest of her life in jail anyway. She was nuts.

Edited by Syaoransbear

Maybe Azula broke out of jail and just went crazy on a tonne of people tongue.gif . I assume she spent the rest of her life in jail anyway. She was nuts.

I wouldn't want a crazy azula anywhere.

I absolutely adore Avatar and Korra biggrin.gif.

My favourite episode is where Korra and Bolin go out, then Mako and then blah. Poor Bolin. I think they are perfect together.

Korra, you idiot ^^. But she's like me.

Asami, I love you two with Mako. At first I thought she was like with Mako just to destroy the avatar, and maybe she was with the equalists. Then she electrocuted her father. biggrin.gif. Damn girl, you've got skill.

Torlok.

I will find you and kill you.

Suspension... gah... gah...

Korra can't die...

*rocking*

She like...

It's... the 9th episode!

God...

No one can kill her!

Tenzin will help...

T

I'd also say that Makkorra isn't just Zutara II: This Time It's Canon, since Korra really doesn't behave like your typical water bender. In fighting, she almost always seems to go for fire and earth before water. Mako is sometimes a bit like Zuko in the way that he's the tough violence-is-usually-the-answer type, but I don't get much of Katara in Korra.

Tarrlok is someone I've been loving to hate. It's been so interesting watching him go from well-meaning but power-grabbing councilman to outright evil overlord in the making. I was actually kind of disappointed that his bending was taken so soon after we'd found out he was a blood bender.

Speaking of blood bending, I think Amon's one. I think he can bend with his mind, bent his own blood to keep coming at Tarrlok, and uses blood bending to create a permanent form of chi blocking. That is my crackpot conspiracy theory and I'm sticking to it. :3

It might be half the reason for Makkora, but I'm a hardcore Borra shipper because Bolin in such a sweetie and non-angsty. But I love funny guys, so...

Korra might just go with earth and fire because water is often hard to come by. Katara carried hers in a pouch, but without a large source waterbending is difficult to use to its full potential. It happens to be my favorite of the bending styles, actually. Go from offense to defense in a flash.

When she was locked in the cell by Tarrlok they did a nice close up of some sweat dripping down her face, and I half expected her to bend it. I knew he was evil from the start (let's call it a hunch brought on by my tendency to create characters like him, oops).

Amon...I'm not entirely sure who he is. There's rumors that he's Bumi, Aang and Katara's non-bending son, but how could he energy bend without being a bender? It's also been something only Aang or the Avatar can do (as far as we know).

I just can't wait for Zuko and his daughter to show up <3 SO EXCITE.

I have a theory about Amon and his energy bending. What if he found a semi-permanent way of blocking chi? Instead of actually removing people's bending, he is just blocking it with a technique that makes it look like he's energy bending. I mean I found it kind of odd that in AtLA there was a visible collision of Aang's energy and Ozai's energy, but there is no such show when Amon uses energy bending.

I know, right?

My soul. It hurts. ;-;

There was just too much for my feels to take in that episode. Lin, and Pema, and Asami, and omgGeneralIroh.

PS, no one's allowed to hate on Asami for that ep. Mako totally had that coming to him. Boy needs to get his life sorted out, stat.

Not going to lie, the final half-minute of that episode was one of the best moments of my life. Not TV moments. Moments. Period.

But seriously. This guy would not look out of place in a Disney Prince lineup.

user posted image

Also, I love that he was on screen for about a minute, but everyone's already shipping him with Korra, Asami, and everyone else that has ever existed on this show. :3

I'm always impressed at how fast fandom works. Sixty seconds of screen time, but so many ships have sailed already. If I remember, the first General Iroh was quite the ladies' man, too, in fandom.

user posted image

Welllll maybe if he was a little more like...

user posted image

Just removed some grumpiness lol

I kind of want Asami to just go away. Maybe I'm just bothered by her voice actor who sounds exactly the same for every mood. I don't know, she's just doesn't really seem to have a personality yet.

Where did all the other benders go? It seemed like the main characters were the only benders in that city.

I almost cried when that happened to Lin. DX

And I love Jinora and Asami a lot more after this episode.

Cant wait until the finale. Looks like it's gonna be epic.

I freaking love Asami ;A;

user posted image

I ship Korrasami so hard.

YOU HAVE NO IDEA

Also

this tumblr post makes me happy.

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

user posted image

I wonder if he's Zuko's son. I know Zuko and Mai had a daughter, but never heard if she was their only child. It's just really weird that he has the same voice. o_0

I'm really curious as to how Amon learned how to take away bending powers. The only way he could have learned was through Aang when he was alive. Either through observation or being close to him.

Word on the street is that Iroh is Zuko's grandson. I mean, the youngest of the Gaang's kids are Tenzin and Lin, and they're 51 and 50, respectively. I mean, it's possible, but since Zuko was one of (if not the?) oldest of the Gaang, probably had kids first, and could still easily have adult grandkids.

I don't know if it's confirmed canon or not, but that's the theory.

I'm really curious as to how Amon learned how to take away bending powers. The only way he could have learned was through Aang when he was alive. Either through observation or being close to him.

I don't believe he learned from Aang at all. If you look closely at the hand positioning, Amon does it differently than Aang.

I think this is the most likely theory. It seems to fit the story the best, and would an awesome throw back to the first series.

Holy crap, just saw that last episode. I cried like the biggest baby at the end. The music is just so incredible with the story, it's like it speaks the language of my sooooooouuuulllllll. ;____;

Why did I not find this thread earlier -.- lol

Anyway, as most of you all, I was crying as in to what happened to Lin. ;.;

At first I was like; "Yeah! You go Lin! Do the 'Airship Slice' like your mum, Suki and Sokka did!" aaanndd ended up crying when she got taken by Amon. T.T

And I agree with Shiny Hazard Sign, that's the theory that's been floating around and I definitely agree with it~^^