Dr. Paine

I finally got to watch the season finale! Overall, I thought it was really good. I'm big on spoilers so I knew most of what would happen.

My only complaint is that I didn't like how Korra entered the Avatar state. In Avatar The Last Airbender, Aang had an epic awakening of his Avatar state. I liked seeing him along with all of the other Avatars, and I did like the fact that he was able to help Korra get her bending back. I just thought it could have more of an epic feel.

I just watched the first episode of Legend of Korra.

I'm pretty sure I shouldn't continue watching the series. I'm a weeping mess after only one episode, cause all the beloved characters from the Gaang are gone. I can't stop crying TT.TT

I actually don't mind them reusing Zuko's voice actor for Iroh, since they are family. Do have to agree that it's not very fitting for a man of 30-ish, but I like how it connects the two. (Sounds to me the voice actor put little effort to fit into Iroh, unfortunately). What I DONT like about Iroh- He's too much like a continuation of Zuko as a person. Just the way he talked about Aang struck me as such.

I am completely in love with the artwork of ALOK. The background and scenery is absolutely stunning in every scene.

The only reason I like Iroh at all is because he is so much like zuko, and I miss my zuko so freaking bad TT

I think the real shame is just that Aang's no longer alive, and most of the old people are dead. The ones that lived, like Zuko and Katarra, they're old people, so it makes you feel kinda sad. But then again, I guess seeing them as elderly people is better than death.

For Season 2, I want to see a Zuko or Katara flashback. Then we'd actually be able to see what they looked like as adults, as we've already seen Toph, Aang & Sokka...

Yeah, there's something about seeing them as old people that disturbs me. I guess it's because we'd rather forget the reality that people grow old and stuff....

I don't know. Usually when a season ends, there's several weeks without it before they show the new one.

My only complaint is that I didn't like how Korra entered the Avatar state. In Avatar The Last Airbender, Aang had an epic awakening of his Avatar state. I liked seeing him along with all of the other Avatars, and I did like the fact that he was able to help Korra get her bending back. I just thought it could have more of an epic feel.

THISSSS!

They tried to make it as epic as possible, but there's only so much you can do with that little of time. I wish they made the finale a three or four episode finale. They could have used a full episode to expand on those scenes alone.

Does anyone know when the second season will be released?

Probably 2013.

(end of this year would be nice but not probable. If the first season took 2 years, this one will probably take around a year...)

Edited by glass_kisses

I like Mako, I don't like Asami. It's obvious that Asami was just put there to add some romance drama. And, as such, Mako is dragged down by that. I wish they would have left out the romance from this season. Season 2, maybe. But, the romance in season 1 was really forced.

Getting a little off topic from your question but... I really do like Mako. I like almost all the characters on the cast, besides Asami. And, I would like to note that I dislike Asami, not because i'm a Mako/Korra shipper. I also like Bolin/Korra and Iroh/Korra. It's simply because I don't like her character.

When Asami first entered the picture, I thought the same, that she was just someone to create drama that would take away from the drama which already existed in the first place (the Equalists). But then, Bryke gave her some real character development that made me grow to like her. Mako on the other hand, has just rubbed me in the wrong way... My main thing with him, is that he drug Asami and Korra around like they were two disposable toys that he could choose to play with any time he wanted. But that's just my opinion... The only thing I like about Mako is that he really cared for Bolin and wanted the best for him.

Oh yes, and I do agree about how forced the romance was. Kataang, it had three whole seasons to develop and become to ship I know and love. But then again, the creators had no idea while they were creating Season 1 that they were to be given the green light for Season 2. Perhaps in the second season, they can flesh it out a bit more and give the fan base more reasons to like this ship or that ship, or vice versa.

Edited by Skypool

Yeah, I felt the same way. He liked Korra, and that was kind of obvious, and he was mostly into Asami at first for her looks. Korra really liked him, too, so that further complicated things. The issue is that Mako can't have two girls at once, because then that just brings about all this drama we don't need. But I started to like Asami more when she was betrayed by her dad. Of course, when she defeated him, I wondered if she would ever get over it. She sounded pretty hateful.

Of course, when she defeated him, I wondered if she would ever get over it. She sounded pretty hateful.

I don't blame her. laugh.gif If my dad tried to kill me, I would dislike him a lot too.

Edited by Skypool

Yeeees this show is awesome! I'm only on the sixth episode D:

I dont much like this show..

I like the original Avatar TLA.. So..

So... what? A lot of people are fans of both.

I like the original Avatar TLA.. So..

Yes? Please continue. I would like to know why you like ATLA and not Korra. Reasons, please? :3

Ugh, it broke. I'll see if I can find a new one...

Here's some of the stuff. Put it on my blog so it hopefully won't disappear. A lot of the concept art is somewhere on my blog as well. I was reblogging like mad. It's all so beautiful. ;3;

Edited by Stromboli

Ohmygoodness. I can't wait for season 2 now. ;_;

Is there an idea of when they'll release the pilot episode?

Watched the finale episodes the day they came out.

Loved what happened with Tarrlock and Amon, but that was about it to be honest.

Makorra is a terrible pairing with little reasoning behind it. I can't understand why the producers pushed it so much. They wound up sacrificing the development of other characters, like Bolin and Asami and Tahno, for a sappy teen romance. Mako is a cheating jerk, too. I'm not happy with Bolin being turned into the comic relief character with two lines per episode, either.

I can only hope the second season brings less un-romance between Korra and Mako and focuses more on the characters that need some fleshing out.