Dr. Paine

Wow, those first two episodes were spectacular! I was on my edge for the entire pro-bending match!

This show is going to be a gem, I just know it.

Has anyone posted the link to the TWO episodes that have been released early?

Well then. http://www.korranation.com/

Scroll down to the bottom and click on the middle box for the first episode two episodes.

(derp)

Edited by klinneah

Has anyone posted the link to the TWO episodes that have been released early?

Well then. http://www.korranation.com/

Scroll down to the bottom and click on the middle box for the first episode.

I'm pretty sure that middle box plays the first two episodes. =U

As a side note, Korra was amazing jdfh

First two episodes were great.~ Looking forward to seeing the third.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say from what I've seen of Korra, it's better than TLA. Maybe that's just because it's new and I'm not familiar with it, or because I think the world is really awesome... but the storytelling and characters also seemed improved, if occasionally heavy-handed.

Damn it, I missed the episodes sad.gif Anyone know where I can find them? They were taken off of Korra nation.

Bumping this topic back up, because hey! It's premiering tomorrow! Is everyone else as excited as I am?

I've already seen the episodes online... right when they came out. But I"m still extremely eager to see them on my TV screen.

Got to watch half of the premiere, because I was flipping through channels and just so happened to get absorbed in it.

So far, I really like Korra. She's so bad ass. A strong female character that anime could use. And I love the smoke style in general. It's so much better looking other animes in the fact that it's got realistic anatomy and great detail. Just... <3 it so far. Seems to be promising.

That's probably because it's not anime. wink.gif

I really like it! I think they are staying pretty true to the original Airbender series, but it's still fresh and new. smile.gif

Yeeeees! I love this show! I wasn't the biggest fan of the original show, and the movie was...well...yeeeeeah. But so far, this show has proved to be a great comeback in the Avatar series! I especially enjoy how opposite Korra is from Aang. Aang was all goody-goody...Korra is a total badass!!!

I've only seen the first episode by my critiques so far are:

While Korra is described as a headstrong Avatar, she acquiesces to the wishes of those older than her that she perceives as being her authorities far too easily. The little Korra in the flashback did not look like the kind of person who would apologize for pursuing their own training.

The Fire ferret brothers irk me to no end so far.

Aang's Airbender son also does not seem to fit his description. "spiritual and discerning" when he can't even figure out how to work with Korra.

I do love Chief Bei Fong so far! I wonder how her relationship with Aang was? tongue.gif She is so formidable! But needs to learn that bending (& the Avatar) can help her with her city.

Also, Katara is so adorable as an old lady, but the White Lotus degenerated massively. sad.gif Now they're just bullies who say they're guarding the Avatar, imho.

I am enjoying the series so far, but cannot help but critique it. tongue.gif

I love The Legend of Korra, I'm so glad they made a sequel for the Last Airbender. biggrin.gif It's nice to see some of the characters in their older stages (or their next generations) being passed onto the show.

Korra's amazing! The only problem I have is the whole modern fighting and the Fire Ferret brothers. -.- I liked the old style a bit better, but it's still great.

I love this show so much! I don't get to see the new episodes when they air on TV so I have to wait for re-runs. I LOVE Bolin and Mako. Can't wait for the next episodes.

I wanna see behind Amon's mask already!

I could never get into the Aang Avatar, though I really wanted to because I loved the concept, but I am loving Korra. Great character(s). o3o

Hi guyys, does anyone know where you can watch episodes of Korra online? We missed episode 6 that aired today and so. I know you can watch full episodes on Nickelodeon but they don't have the newest one up yet.

I'm not sure I'm totally in love with TLoK yet. I fell in love with all the original characters, so they're hard to replace. I do like the era this is set in though. Very cool. I like it, I just can't say I like it MORE than TLA yet.

ETA: The intro isn't as cool as the original.

Edited by philpot123

Hi guyys, does anyone know where you can watch episodes of Korra online? We missed episode 6 that aired today and so. I know you can watch full episodes on Nickelodeon but they don't have the newest one up yet.

I'm pretty sure you can just search for it online and many different sites have the episodes. That's how I've been watching it. ^^;

I can't find myself to watch it during the airing, so I just watch it at some cartoon site. I really love how it feels the show grew up with the audience. You know? Like, I was a kid in elementary when the original was airing, and I loved it then. Me and my siblings would all play pretend that we were Benders. And now the main characters are about my age.

I just think that's awfully considerate, even if it was unintentional.

Anyhow, I love the world, the whole 1930's vibe is awesome. Bolin is cutesy/funny, Korra is BA, and Mako is understandable.

It was a good move regardless. Fans of the original are all older now and it caters a bit more to the older audience that was always part of the fanbase.

My only gripe with it so far is that it seems awkwardly fast paced. Like they're trying to fit too much in into each episode. But that could just be me.

I've only seen the first episode by my critiques so far are:

While Korra is described as a headstrong Avatar, she acquiesces to the wishes of those older than her that she perceives as being her authorities far too easily. The little Korra in the flashback did not look like the kind of person who would apologize for pursuing their own training.

The Fire ferret brothers irk me to no end so far.

Aang's Airbender son also does not seem to fit his description. "spiritual and discerning" when he can't even figure out how to work with Korra.

I do love Chief Bei Fong so far! I wonder how her relationship with Aang was? :P She is so formidable! But needs to learn that bending (& the Avatar) can help her with her city.

Also, Katara is so adorable as an old lady, but the White Lotus degenerated massively. :( Now they're just bullies who say they're guarding the Avatar, imho.

I am enjoying the series so far, but cannot help but critique it. :P

The White Lotus "guard" (I use the term loosely, since they're looking out for her during her training) the Avatar because Aang asked them to. It's possible that Aang was trying to make it easier on Korra, since he didn't really have structured training and was forced to master everything in such a short period of time.

I think Tenzin has a hard time with Korra because she's headstrong and not spiritual in the least. It's why she's had so much trouble with Airbending. Airbenders are incredibly spiritual.

I'm in love with Korra just as much as I was with the first series. The animation is a lot better, I love seeing the modern setting, and it's nice to see how each member of Team avatar made their mark on the city (even Yue got a place as the bay). I want to see how Sokka and Suki made their mark on the city (or what their relationship was, even if only glanced during flashbacks).

I'm also eager to see how Korra handles the Spirit World and the Avatar State, since she's completely neglected her spiritual training (according to the White Lotus).

But Bolin is, by far, my favorite character. He's just...words fail because Bolin because reasons. -dies-

user posted image