Rorschach

How many of your bred eggs do you keep?

About how many do you keep  

535 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think the term "Dump" or "Abandon" is a too one sided. You would be better adding Gift as an option or put Gift and Abandon together since you aren't keeping it.

There are certain BSAs and breeds that are really useful and/or highly valued to me and others. These are the ones I breed. Since my dragons do NOT like to generally breed with others of their own species (does anyone else have this issue???), if the egg turns out to be a less useful breed, it gets dumped. Its not because I wan't to churn out undesirable eggs. I can't help it my useful dragon breeds best with a less useful one. If only I could always have pairings that all offspring were wanted.

Everytime I breed I really intend to try and make as many wanted dragons as possible, and then make the decision if it will be gifted or kept (or occassionally traded).

I love all my dragons, but the ones that are less useful sit around until I breed another crazy lineaged BSA who needs a mate.

I breed when I want the egg of that specific pairing, whether for trade or to raise it myself. However, even breeding for specific eggs, I often end up with the wrong breed and then I abandon those. Tinsel-fails, metallic-fails, black/vine (alt lotto) fails, etc... It's not half what I breed, since sometimes I breed purebred couples or a normal with a holiday that will either give me the desired egg or nothing, but something roughly in between 25-50% ends up being tossed to the AP.

I used to breed much more but that's years ago, I stopped breeding weekly when the AP filled up so often. Occasionally I'll still toss a pretty lineage out there just for the heck of it, but not much.

I mostly breed a pair because I want something they can produce, or because someone else wants something they can produce. My tinsels I'll breed whenever I can and dump them to the AP if I don't find someone to gift or trade it to, but I don't dump a lot of eggs to the AP.

things like my stripes, blacks and tinsels are generally bred to be traded or just because I can and then dropped but I have a few lineage projects going on so even if I get the wrong egg i like to keep those just because I want to.

Aquamyrine

I usually keep the eggs I breed, even if they're not the desired result, but I like to drop eggs that I think others might enjoy. Such as even gen Ridgewings or stairstep Electrics and Magis... I'd say I keep 75%.

I don't breed unless it's for a lineage or trade, usually. Sometimes I'll breed a Stripe or Tinsel or Pillow to abandon, but usually I keep my bred eggs, especially since I've been spending a lot more time choosing mates. :3

I never breed just for the heck of it. I breed my metallics every week, and any metallics I get go to the AP (it's rare, of course, but I have dumped a few...). I breed most of my blacks often because I have a growing black army, but I try to breed them to uncommons so if I get any eggs besides blacks they will be wanted in the AP.

I've been trying to breed my semi-Tinsels to abandon some, but so far my two are being surprisingly picky about mates.

I do mass Red & Pink breedings to the AP every week, so I guess I keep very few?

I guess it would depend...

I tend to breed a pair until I have a desired number of offspring. In between, if the egg is not the desired color/breed/season, I abandon them. smile.gif

I don't breed very often, but I keep my bred eggs, afterall I bred them for a reason smile.gif

I don't breed very often but when I do I always keep the eggs. Well, sometimes I trade or gift them but I almost never abandon eggs.

I only breed when I want to keep the offspring myself or I want to trade it, so actually everything I breed every week are my metallics and my CB black in hope for an alt. When my metallics produce wrong offspring I abandon them. I mostly breed quite spontaneously, for example when I see a trade for something I like and I have an adult of a lineage/breed the other one wants. If nothing is produced, well, bad luck, but no problem.

I breed and release things that I don't need but I'm sure others would enjoy (such as Personal lineages, BSAs, stripes, and tinsels) and abandon them...

but once in a blue moon I'll do a mass breed of all the dragons on my scroll. (just so some get some action besides sitting on my scroll ;D )

I keep the breedings once in a while but it gets too difficult when I can't breed anything because then I'd start inbreeding... I prefer having as many different, unrelated dragons as I can.

I only breed 1. for my own projects, so I'm keeping them 2. specifically for gifts or exchanges 3. for trading, so I only ever breed "wanted" eggs. The only eggs I ever abandon are ones that I put up for trade that don't get any offers, and they always disappear off the AP immediately. I like to think of myself as a responsible breeder.

I collect 4 pairs of each species and breed them once to find out whether the pairs are compatible or not. I raise the offspring to adulthood and release it to the wilderness. I don't abandon the eggs because I do not want them to be involved in any lineages.

ninja.gif

I breed metallics, tinsels, PB/specifically lineaged blacks and stripes. For the first two, I abandon all the fails. For the last two, I always either keep or trade.

I keep most of them - because I usualy only breed if I'm after the offspring of the mating. I also occasionaly breed to gift (if I know it something someone wants). Rarely I'll breed to abandon, and then only for things I know will go quickly (tends to be Magis and Splits).

Well,when i started out i breeded a few dragons just because i could and i wanted to test it out.then later on i breeded the majority of my dragons at the time and had them auto-abandoned.

Later on i will start breeding for collection purpose and eventually ill start gifting and auto-abandoning.

I don't really know because it varies, but I guess the keeping half of them answer might be closest.

Most of the time I breed for my lineages, and obviously keep the eggs unless it's the wrong breed (although I also keep a few of my "fails" if I'm not locked). Sometimes I breed rares or Red and Pink dragons for abandoning, but that takes a lot of time since I want to make sure they have good lineages, so I don't do it very often.

And of course I adopt tons of eggs from the AP, so it evens out. biggrin.gif