Rorschach

How many of your bred eggs do you keep?

About how many do you keep  

535 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't breed my dragons just to create a bunch of eggs. I am usually trying for a particular type of egg. If I get it I keep it. If I don't get the egg type I want, I send them to the AP.

Generally I'll keep all of my bred dragons for further breeding / freezing unless they are trading material and I need something else at that particular point in time.

I don't breed my Dragons very often, so I always keep the few Eggs I get, unless there's a new release or I'm in the middle of a trade. smile.gif

I breed usually for people needing one of what I have (Trios, or new releases) I may breed specials at times for people wanting a Dorkface or a Thuwed (I don't have any really close ones). If the AP is down to 1 or 2 eggs, I might breed some nice commons like reds, or others with a BSA. I've also been known to breed or grab and Bite and toss out a Vamp or two when the AP is low. I don't have special "breeding nights" so you won't see a dozen of one breed from me. I only keep non-inbred eggs of special lineages or rares, mainly for trade or giving.

I keep the vast majority of what I breed. The first born of any pair I always keep. If I breed the pair beyond that it's either because I'm gifting or I want an egg that matches the other parent. If the second/third/fourth egg from a pair matches the first, I will try to give it a new home since I prefer gifting to abandoning it to the AP.

I just feel really bad leaving something to the AP since I don't know what's going to happen to it.

The only eggs I currently keep are my silvers, golds, vampires (I'm building an army) and blacks and as I have eight cb blacks that I use with the metallics for breeding purposes, and, eventually, I do want to do an even gen-breed specific line of blacks. Other than those I will abandon virtually all the rest of the eggs for others to enjoy. Since I don't inbreed and a lot are low gen this makes for a nice surprise on the ap when someone "catches" one. Or at least I hope so. laugh.gif

Edited by Misha

I kept a few when I first started, but now I abandon them all. I kept my first bred one, a stone.

Most of my bred eggs, wether they are rares or commons, get kicked out, just because I try to prevent accidental inbreeding, something which I'm quite good at. =_=;

Eh, if I didn't get the egg I want I'll get rid of it. I might get rid of it if something better comes along. I do sometimes breed when I have too many by mistake, too. So it kinda depends. I dunno how many I keep and how many I toss, I'm not a huge breeder.

Though I usually try to pair my Dragons so that no matter what egg I get it'll be a kind I want.

I keep nearly all of the eggs I get through breeding because I have a slow server and can't successfully hunt at the Cave but can occasionally be successful at the AP. Through breeding the dragons I got as gifted eggs, I can have many more dragons despite the slow server.

I do gift a few eggs I've gotten through breeding on occasion though someone has to do the transfer for me due to my slow server. If I had a faster server I would love to do a lot of gifting and would therefore do a lot more breeding.

Sometimes I will send an egg or two to the AP if I need to open my scroll in a hurry to accept a gift.

I keep a few but it depends on what the dragon egg comes out to be.

Usually I only breed the kinds I want so I usually keep all of them. I think it would be safe to say I keep about 90% of what I breed. I do of course sometimes trade or give them away.

I keep quite a bit that I breed.I do not breed all of my dragons and normally I have a reason for breeding what I do either I need a egg from that pair or I'm gifting.I am still trying to work out mates for my elemental metals so yes some of those eggs do get dropped but they are about it.

I don't normally do much breeding ,other than lineage /generation projects.

I do occasionally breed my golds, to abandon, when i do i try to breed them with dragons that are popular at the moment so that the non-gold eggs will get picked up biggrin.gif

Stopped breeding my silvers entirely except for the CB's and a special stairstep lineage I am working on.

I do breed on request, but only if the requester can take the egg.

I rarely abandon anything. I was gifting blunas there for a while, but I haven't had much luck breeding any more. I don't have a lot else that is in demand.

In short: I'm one who likes to try and clear out the AP - not add to it.

Obviously it would be impossible to create a poll with all the different possibilities and combination's so the option you select is meant to be closest to the one that's true for you. So in saying 70% its really the same as the exact opposite of the 2nd option on the poll where you keep more than you abandoned

I keep only what I working with in regards to lineages. But I give away a lot of them if they don't come out to be the right egg or right gender or if I am breeding uncommons or rares to give to others that happen to catch them biggrin.gif

I used to keep all of my eggs but I abandoned an electric egg which already had 2 days off its time, today, and it got adopted. The owner's accepting aid, too, so I get to help the baby! laugh.gif

None of them. Unless it's like 3 or so over the yeas which I've kept to freeze.

I keep about 90%, gift about 5%, and abandon about 5%. Mostly I breed for lineage projects, so there isn't much reason to abandon.

I mostly breed for special lineages or for trading. I used to breed interesting things and dump them in the AP just to give people something to look at besides the same coloured wall of mass-bred eggs, but I've stopped doing that now.

I keep a few. Trading fodder, sometimes my own lineage project. The rest I abandon. I sometimes breed 2nd gen geodes, blunas and shallows for the purpose of abandoning them so others can enjoy.

I release almost everything, barring silvers and golds which I trade with. I always hope that I'm making someone's day when they catch a nice lineaged magma, ice, thunder, shallow water, etc dragon.

I like to keep the eggs I breed, but sometimes I abandon or trade for a different-lineaged dragon.