Rorschach

How many of your bred eggs do you keep?

About how many do you keep  

535 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

haha, well, yeah, i would think after you've been here awhile (if you were a nice individual), you would start breeding for people and giving up eggs; i haven't reached that point yet (all bred eggs are mine ;P) but i know i will c:

hmm.. I abandon majority of the eggs I breed, on purpose, of course.

One of the reasons(EVIL ONE) is, breeding unwanted inbreds to higher up the AP to trade something... mwahahaha. Could only do once in a week though.

I have roughly 15 pairs of nebulas, and breed them every week and dump the eggs into AP... Except for the 3 frozen ones. They all seem to find good homes, so hmmm...

My trios, I breed every week, and abandon them. To give some newb a chance to get a trio.

And my small group of metallics... are NOT good metallic breeders, so all their eggs go to AP. >>;

I usually keep the first egg of any pair. 2 eggs if they are a metallic pair or a pair that produces alts. Otherwise I dump everything unless it happens to have a fun code.

Not sure how to vote here - are eggs that are gifted/traded regarded as kept eggs?

Because in that case, most of mine are kept.

If not, most are abandoned.

Well, I'll vote as though they are 'kept' and if not, there's an inaccurate vote up.

(I'm curious about the results so far.)

It depends. If I'm breeding for something specific from a pair, I'll dump all but that something specific.

If I'm just breeding, I'll keep it.

I don't breed very much in general, though.

I used to keep every egg that I bred but lately I've been breeding eggs that I think people want. I've even gone so far as to make a list of my inbred adult dragons so I don't breed them, just in case someone decides to try to kill it.

Now that my scroll is basically finished (except for 2 alt vines and a sitting black alt and a finished set of the new eggs) I don't really have a need to breed to keep. Soon I'll start trying to replace the inbred dragons but I have so few that I don't really see the need.

I like to do breeding requests and breed dragons for players in The Giving Tree, so I normally don't keep most of my eggs, because they become gifts.

I love gifting dragons. <3

I generally abandon them. Lately, I've felt a little sorry for the eggs, so I tend to raise them to hatchlinghood and then drop them. Raises the chances of survival, even if they do end up frozen.

ETA: @Silverninja, I have a dragon named Silver Ninja. ;p

Edited by brahmapride

The only time I keep something I've bred is if it is a low gen gold/silver or an egg that I purposely bred to mate with another dragon.

Edited by duskspoken

I usually breed and keep one egg from each pairing. I kept more from my blackxval pairing though.

I sometimes breed random uncommons or (attempts of) metallics to drop.

It depends on how I feel. Since I have most dragon species, I like to be generous and release any uncommon ones I breed, like shallow water or geode (Even though I'm on a bit of a shallow water kick, right now xd.png), as well as common ones. Even though a lot of my dragons end up unnamed or killed. xP

But you can tell from some of my dragons, that I just can't let some go (aka, my water and deep sea/skywings), for reasons I'm not really sure of. xd.png;

It's very usual that I abandon them for others.

It's because my breeding luck sucks and I always get the egg I didn't want. But it depends much of a pair too, I have a few whose eggs I won't share x) for example my 2nd gen pink x 2nd gen silver pairing - today they produced a pink AGAIN, and though I don't actually need one I'll keep it because that line is perfect and the pairing seems the most permanent rare pairing which I've had. So it will go for my pink army.

Maybe later, when I've gotten my little silver from them, I'll trade their producings. ^^

I usually breed only when i need something, so i keep them always if they're right breed. But, in fact, they mostly aren't: the only dragons i keep breeding regularly (atm) are my silver males, and they breed mostly pinks ;____;

So i answered half becouse of the "problm silver", but i try to not breed anything i wouldn't keep.. especially if there are too many abandoneds already!

I typically only breed pairs that are 'desirable,' instead of doing all my commons. I might keep a few here and there but I mostly abandon them all, though I do FFAs on the IRC often, or check the Giving Tree.

I usually only breed if I want something in particular. So most of the eggs I breed are bred for keeping. I've been trying to release a few more lately, because I'd love to see my dragons' lines continued, though.

I normally breed for keeps when possible. If I abandon something it's because I'm trying to make room for a new release or because the egg I got wasn't the one I wanted.

This

Well, that kinda depends. If I want to get a frozen hatchie of a dragon I already have, I usually breed it and keep the egg. Or if it's a rare dragon egg I somehow manage to breed i'll keep it.

Otherwise, I usually just drop any bred eggs.

I used to keep all of my bred eggs because I felt bad about abandoning them, but now I've started doing so. I feel a bit guilty for it...

I usually breed my pairs for obtaining 1st and 2nd stage hatchies, so the bred eggs stay on my scroll. When I'll finish with this I'll be happy to breed on request.

I breed my dragons a lot - I abandon the ones I don't need, and the ones that I think other people deserve. I only hold onto the ones that are important for certain projects, and inbreds.

IDK, I usually try and keep my eggs, or bite and drop. If it's something really nice, that I think someone else would like, I offer it to people, or see if someone's looking for an egg like it anywhere. Otherwise, I'll let it go, so the dragons are spread around some.

Admittedly, I've dropped a few inbreds, but for the most part, if I notice that one of my splits, for example, is inbred, I won't breed it, or I'll freeze it if I have enough time.