Rorschach

How many of your bred eggs do you keep?

About how many do you keep  

535 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was kinda curious about people's breeding and abandoning habits. This isn't meant to include those eggs that get auto abandoned. wink.gif

I normally only keep a few of my bred eggs and abandon the rest for others to enjoy! wink.gif

I keep about 90% of the eggs I breed the other ten percent I gift. I usually don't breed unless its an egg/lineage I specifically want or if I know it has a home waiting for it so as not to add to the AP clutter.

I keep about 90% of the eggs I breed the other ten percent I gift. I usually don't breed unless its an egg/lineage I specifically want or if I know it has a home waiting for it so as not to add to the AP clutter.

THIS! xd.png

I normally breed for keeps when possible. If I abandon something it's because I'm trying to make room for a new release or because the egg I got wasn't the one I wanted.

I usually breed for personal lines, because I have a thing for CB's (mainly for starting naming themes). Others, like geodes or the new goldfish (I bred from CB water/magi parents, for those folks who like that sort of thing), I breed and drop for others to enjoy. I seem to have a very reliable Ice, when I raise a few more of her eggs for my own set, I'll start releasing hers to the AP too (the same applies for the Thunder). Hopefully they'll be grabbed before whatever's happening to clear the AP catches them.

Right now most of my breeding is done for collection purposes, so I keep almost all of the eggs I create. The only exceptions are if I'm breeding to gift to someone or trying to breed my Legendaries, but I only have a small number of them so that only amounts to maybe 2 eggs per week abandoned.

I only keep few of my bred eggs, to complete my collection goals. The rest I abandon/gift/trade. I usually gift or trade the metallics I get and announce in the departure threads or just outright abandon Trios, MM, uncommons (geodes, blunas, stripes etc) and the new eggs.

Edit: I don't breed the rest, meaning my older commons, unless I want an egg myself or I have a specific request.

Edited by MissK.

I only breed when I want the egg myself or have a request. So the only things I really abandon are white stripeds that are the results of unsuccessful metallic breedings (and sometimes other desirable eggs). I make sure not to produce eggs that contribute to the AP clogg.

I like giving back, especially the rarer eggs. I've had no luck breeding my lone silver female, but my Trio have all had successful breeds. I always hope they go to people who don't have one, like it was with me.

I keep most of the eggs I breed- mostly because I usually only breed when I want something for a project. Exceptions are when I breed for lineage projects, when I'm trying for something specific (like a metallic, or a particular colour of stripe), or when I bred and abandon uncommons. The metal-fails I abandon usually have short, nice lineages, so they aren't contributing too much to the AP clog.

I keep the ones I need for a lineage project or whatever, and abandon the rest or gift them.

I keep rares and dorkfaces, but now that I am having a lot of success in breeding Golds I've been giving them to those who don't have any yet.

Same as Deshera. I don't breed just for the sake of breeding; I have some kind of motive - usually I want a certain breed. I abandon the eggs that are the wrong breed. I also try to breed silvers for people, but I don't breed if one of the breeds I could get is clogging the AP...sorry if I am confusing.

I only breed when I need something or for a lineage. I keep some of my eggs or abandon the rest I don't care about.

i keep about half of what i breed, which then is linage eggs for my collection, the rest is either requests, unsuccessfull breed eggs i dont have room to keep (ie i got other plans i am working on and want to move onward instead of waiting), or rarer types of breeds that i randomly breed to drop to AP for those who want (like two headed, or the newer kind of releases which i myself had issues geting hold of) to spread the joy, before doing the later though I check the AP to make sure nothing is going by, and i check between breedings most of the time also to make sure the egg type is in request (ie its gone by the time i get to AP and look for it)

I keep about 70% of what I breed. I don't really breed unless its a specific line or type that I want.

I typically only dump nebulas,hellfires and vamps to the AP without warning

I have only bred a couple and I've abandoned them all since I'm trying to get one of every dragon at the moment... (I don't know if that will actually be possible, but might as well try) smile.gif

I breed a lot of stripes and have a certain color scheme, so lots of eggs there get abandoned. But they are desirable so it's not problem smile.gif And sometimes I randomly breed and drop nicely-lineaged stuff, like even-gens. The few less desirable eggs that get dropped from my scroll are failed metallic-breedings. But generally I only keep what I need.

Well I throw almost everything out that's not a metallic haha. The metallics I only try to breed when I see an offer up for a swap because that's mainly what I'm looking for. If it grows up before I can trade with someone, then oh well, I'll have to be extra careful.

Basically I only breed to swap with someone else the same breed to avoid inbreeding.

Hm. I guess I keep about a third. Maybe. I usually only keep them if it's for a project or a failed alt lottery. I gift many of what I breed. Like I recently gave between my two best friends 2 pink eggs, a goldfish egg, a stripe egg and a geode because they specifically asked me to breed them these eggs. So I'll breed when people ask. The rest go to the AP.

I typically abandon my eggs; if I keep them, they're gifts for my siblings, or future frozen hatchies, ha ha. =]

~Feathers

I keep a handful depending on why I'm breeding them (I breed my black dragons specifically for me, for instance) or if I happen to breed a dragon that I need, but I usually just abandon them as soon as they're bred.