Rorschach

How many of your bred eggs do you keep?

About how many do you keep  

535 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The only Eggs I regularly drop to the AP is a fail metallic , Speaking of which It's that time of the week again.

Or I drop a PB even gen to be nice , once just a plain old even gen. You can see the lineage here

http://dragcave.net/lineage/J1PC so I not really doing any harm with my drops. Though I loled a couple day's ago when someone Bred every single Fall seasonal on their scroll xd.png Woulda grabbed some of them but I had a lock.

I'm starting to stop dropping the eggs I breed though. sense the AP's been so crowded lately I don't want to keep anyone from getting a CB

I try to keep them all unless they were meant for someone else or if there is more than one egg in the clutch.

Most of the eggs I've bred lately have been for myself to use in my even gen projects, so I've kept most of them. Only eggs I've abandoned lately are those that were not the right breed for my projects.

The only other breeding I've done lately has been for requests, and there haven't been many. So there haven't been many Draconna eggs going to the AP.

Depends on which dragons I breed. Currently I have a tan ridgeback pair that have produced two purples and four tans. you can see them here. http://dragcave.net/progeny/b3gH I breed them to see how many tans I can get in the lineage and if no one wants a tan egg I abandon it.

I am also trying to get a hellfire egg from a hellfire/coastal pair so I can make an inbred evengen lineage. So far they have not cooperated, so I have been releasing the extra coastal eggs.

When I breed my rares I generally mate them to pinks or reds so that their offspring would be wanted due to the BSA. Generally any eggs they produce that are not rares get released (hence why I breed them to BSAs, I don't want to clog up the AP)

I don't usually breed my other dragons, although I used to. Now I have so many dragons that mass breeding all of them is too much effort and would probably piss people off.

So far, I've bred 47, kept 36 and abandoned 11. I do drop eggs from breedings that don't match my plans, but I watch to see that my AP babies grow up, and there are now 9 adults out of those 11. Four have been named, so far.

The first egg death from those I've abandoned just died yesterday, but it was someone with a nameless scroll, and not allowing any help. The poor egg only got 3/3/3 v/u/c, and was never fogged, so I don't think it was a Neglected experiment. I was trying for either a Red or Red Dorsal egg like its parents, and it was a Purple Dorsal, so I abandoned it. The previous Purple from this pair was also dropped, and successfully grew up.

I've also dropped three out of my four White Sox Dorkface eggs, while hoping for a Pink from the pair. I kept the first White, the second was vamped immediately, the third grew up, (so far unnamed) and the fourth is growing right now. Only mine has been named yet. I may drop more from them, but I also have a good stack of names for future White babies from the pair. I sure wish they'd drop some Pinks, though.

I did one group of drops when there were no eggs in the AP, and those all grew up. biggrin.gif I was locked, and it seemed like there ought to be some in the pile, if anyone was hunting. They were all gone in seconds.

I keep only few bred eggs.

my aim is to get a CB pair of every breed and three hatches - s1, s2 male and s2 female - bred from this pair. all other bred eggs go to the AP. I try not to breed my inbreds (they are three) and to arrange nbice-looking pairs though, cuz I want all my bred eggies to find home!

I keep only a couple of my bred eggs and then abandon all of the eggs I don't require/find homes for. Some of these are commons, but quite a few end up being blacks/oranges/purples/miscolored stripes from my inbred stripe rainbow line.

It depends.

If its holiday, all my un-need bred eggs are abandoned. And, when I have IOU's to catch up to. Otherwise, I keep my eggs, I feel guilty when i ap my bred eggs sad.gif

I only keep about half and half because I usually only keep the desired egg I want and I only get that about half the time, so the other half of the time I abandon the regected ones.

Except in special circumstances, I keep all first-borns. I also keep all my Mintions. I do have some established pairs I breed specially to gift/trade/drop pretties to the AP. Beyond those and requests, I keep what I breed, because I only breed what I need. tongue.gif

Edited by AlternateMew

I usually only breed for keeps unless it's for trading for things I desperately need or specifically for gifting someone I know will appreciate the egg. I'm uncomfortable with breeding to abandon :S Even if the dragons bred the wrong stripe colour for my projects, I always end up keeping it so long as I have the space.

It depends on how quick it takes to get what I want, and how quickly I get tired of the routine. I really don't breed that often, though I have picked up breeding again recently.

I try to keep all of my bred eggs but most of the time I'm scroll locked and can't keep much of them ;-;

I keep some, but only in certain circumstances. For example, I kept a PB 2nd Gen. vine that I bred in the hopes that it would turn out to be an Alt. If it's not, I'll release it, and if it is, I'll keep it. Once I have the Male/Female plus frozen alt hatchlings, I'll start dropping the eggs regardless of what they turn into. Same with the blacks.

For the most part, those are the only ones I keep. I'm working on getting two CB (one male, one female) for every breed. Once I have them all, I'll be able to breed together some beautiful PBs or other pairings and release them or announce their release on the departure threads! I'm actually over halfway done in getting all my CB pairs happy.gif

Depending on why I'm breeding my dragons I usually keep about half. If I'm doing a personal lineage, I keep them, but if I'm breeding just to breed I abandon them.

I generally only breed for lineages or requests/swaps/gifts. I'd say I keep less than half. The way my luck runs half of my breedings result in the wrong species, when they produce at all. tongue.gif I don't get many requests so really I just don't breed very much.

the only time i abandon eggs is when it's a tinselfail/metallic fail/shallow water fail...otherwise i breed only to keep/trade what comes from it. i barely breed overall.

i've gotten to the point where i'll give back to the community XP. Every now and then I'll breed a dragon and give it out using one of the trading threads here on the forums. I keep only the first offspring of my paired dragons (as I'm doing this really long lineage thing on my scroll XP).

The volumes of tinsels I breed, I never end up keeping them all. I usually auto them for convenience

I only breed when I want something specific, so I keep the egg I get (unless it's something I didn't want). Sometimes I gift some of the rarer eggs I get, but I've abandoned some stripes I've got because I already have a ton of 'em, heh.

So I'd say I keep 85% of the eggs I breed.

I keep about 30% of my dragons. Any Tinsel's I breed go as gifts or for trades and I generally breed some pretty lineage ones to abandon. smile.gif Last week I mass breed my even-gen pinks that auto'd.

Usually when I breed I tend to abandon most of them to the AP for others to get. But I really don't breed that often, and when I do it's usually my rares or dragons people want.