Rorschach

How many of your bred eggs do you keep?

About how many do you keep  

535 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

These days I usually breed for lineages, both forum-based and personal ones, or upon request. I'll dump the eggs that were not what I was expecting. Therefore, I probably dump at most 2 personally bred eggs a week, but 0 per week is average (since I usually breed 5-10 pairs a week, half of them giving no eggs or no interest).

most of them i keep. but vine eggs stay no matter what

It depends on how many are metallics. I breed for shinies to greedily hoard, and I dump all the commons.

Edited by Eruru

Well, considering I breed almost all my dragons to get more, I keep well over half of them. It depends on if its a breed I'm currently collecting or want as well.

I'm one of those people who doesn't care about Bred or Cave born xd.png

I breed only as I need to. I don't randomly breed commons to dump. If I do breed I try to make sure it ain't a long lineaged thing...unless it's a good clean line.

I don't see a reason to dump my trash on everyone else. IE if and its is a big IF a black egg leaves my scroll it's a purebred/metalbred second or third gen egg. Stuff like that is why I have many vampires.

I normally keep the ones I breed, only kick a low percentage to the AP.

I mostly breed for myself though I do occasionally breed rares like my trios and dump the eggs on the ap as a surprise lolz

Sometimes, I breed and release to the AP.

Otherwise, I breed and trade.

I've never kept any of my bred eggs, although, I'm planning to keep just this one I'm going to breed. But that's all. XD

I generally breed and release, but lately, I've been keeping my eggs until they hatch so that their rate of survival is higher.

I don't generally breed unless it's for Trios to dump or for something I want, so I said about 75%.

It depends. When I breed I'm usually looking for something specific as an out come. If I don't get it, I'll abandon and move on.

Some I give away for requests.

It all just depends on how the cave's working.

I try to keep them, but I normally abandon them for others to have. At lest they have some. happy.gif

Edited by Drawin

I usually dump all my bred eggs. I only like CBs. The only dragons I have kept are the dragons you need to breed to get (geodes, blunas, and shallow waters) and the ones you have to breed to get come from my own dragons. I never use the ap, it's full of mutts (heterozygas and inbred dragons)

I keep a few, and abandon many...

When I breed my geodes I always abandon them; I've got 7 pairs of them and don't need to breed any others for myself, and they seldom stay on the AP for more than a few refreshes.

Metallics have been breeding so poorly for me, that I don't often get to give away any gold or silver eggs... I've been breeding them more often than my commons, to replenish my "breeding stock" after I released some that had ancestral inbreeding, Mind, I'm not squicked by "inbreeding," but since other players are, I'm avoiding breeding together any two dragons that are related, no matter how distantly, since I don't want to be producing "undesirable" eggs. Even so, a fair number of eggs I've bred and abandoned have been bitten after they were caught... usually successfully (whew!).

I've been rearranging my pairs and concentrating on breeding low-gen and even-gen dragons to make their eggs more desirable.

It depends on the breeds. For commons, I keep almost all of them, but I breed rares and uncommons almost exclusively for dropping.

I keep (then maybe gift away later) the eggs that I breed for a purpose, such as a lineage project or the like.

Otherwise, I usually refrain from breeding. As for rares (metallics, trios, etc.) breeding, I keep the rare either for myself or to give away, and abandon all the commons that I get.

As others have said, I only breed with a purpose in mind. I do breed uncommons, rares, and high demand breeds to drop in the AP as surprise gifts ( my oldest pair of splits have about a billion descendants.) If the eggs turn out common ( ice and silver dragons I AM LOOKING AT YOU) they're vamp victims. And if all else fails, there's always room on my scroll for one more.

I keep 10%, I really only like CBs

All the eggs I bred are MINE tongue.gif

I breed only when I'm looking for a new egg for me or for trades. Just a couple of times I got an egg I didn't want and abandoned it, but I continued to follow it until I havd been sure it found a good new home

All are mine, i don't like when others have my drago-babies,'coz freezing or something like this.

I dump a good amount of what i breed, but I only breed what i know people are looking for. The only things i keep anymore are my black/silver lineaged "space chicken" lineage eggs and my personal seasonal stuff. Any golds or silvers i breed outside of my lineage are gifted now.

When I answered about one month ago I said "All the dragons I breed are MINE"

In the meantime I quite changed my mind. Since I saw it is quite difficult for new people to get uncommon dragons I began to breed my uncommons as often as I can just to abandon or gift their eggs smile.gif