Rorschach

How many of your bred eggs do you keep?

About how many do you keep  

535 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I mostly keep my eggs. There are times when I wasn't careful enough to realize I was egglocked. I've traded a few here and there, and have dropped a few tinsels into the AP for some lucky person to happen upon. I voted 75%, but I'd say 99% of the time I breed for myself.

It depends on the egg. A lot of the time I breed dragons with the intention of gifting the offspring, but in the case of my Ridgewings I'll keep some of the eggs for my ongoing even-gen breeding projects.

These days, because I'm working on some even gens, I keep about half.

Mostly, I trade the ones that I don't keep or I gift them to help people on their wish lists.

I generally keep 75% of my eggs or so. Generally, I breed to keep, or trade to friends, and dump fails into ap. (Although sometimes I bite them..) *Whistles while kicking a dead egg off scroll.* Not like I need anymore Vamps, but I like to give em away. My Golds and Silvers Havn't given me anything other than under 10 common eggs in almost 2 years now.. But my Gold tinsel finally gave me an egg <3. Lately I hooked several friends onto dragon cave, so I've been breeding to gift them things. X_X

I keep about half and let the other ones go for other people to enjoy - usually if I breed my dragons and get a spare egg of a type/wrong gender that I need I let them go. I'm trying to get all sorts of different breeds of dragons on my scroll, so if I've got double-ups I abandon them, though quite a few of my own bred eggs are still on my scroll smile.gif

I only breed if I need the egg or if I get requests. I don't breed just for fun. I'm a hunter and senseless breeding will just block the cave.

I breed a lot of lineages/ even gen dragons so if I manage to get an egg I do my best to find a home for it or keep it. Very few of the eggs I might breed go to the AP, so I voted that I keep about 75% of my dragons.

I usually abandon all of the eggs I breed, especially if the AP is lacking. A lot of times I'll breed my rares and dump them just 'cause. Sometimes I'll keep the egg, but more often than not, I'll abandon them.

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

I usually keep the eggs I breed, only because I don't have that many dragons yet and want to build up my scroll.

I normally always keep the very first offspring of one of my dragons, but I can make special exceptions for IOUs.

The rest depends.

I keep about 90% of the eggs I breed the other ten percent I gift. I usually don't breed unless its an egg/lineage I specifically want or if I know it has a home waiting for it so as not to add to the AP clutter.

This. smile.gif

I abandon most of my bred eggs. For the simple reason that I try to get offsprings from my metallics, but they produce only commons... I'm gonna start two lineage projects soon which will increase the number of my kept eggs.

I don't abandon things much, I put them up on eggs around the world for trading or keep some for lineage purposes.

I keep a handful depending on why I'm breeding them (I breed my black dragons specifically for me, for instance) or if I happen to breed a dragon that I need, but I usually just abandon them as soon as they're bred.

It's funny how much I changed my breeding habits in a year. Now I pretty much only breed for a specific purpose, usually to keep (but sometimes to trade). I'll occasionally abandon the egg if it's not what I want, but I also might trade it/pass it along to someone else.

I trade away most of my bred eggs... I always reason with myself that I could always breed another one with the same lineage if I needed one.

I'm a rather new user and the only things I have been breeding are cb BSA dragons to keep for myself.

Depends on my goals at the time. I haven't bred to abandon nearly as much since I started working on lineages (and tend to kill eggs meant for lineages that come out the wrong breed instead of abandoning them) and started trading, just because I'm busy with those instead of breeding.

I do it sometimes, though, and will probably do it more once some of my projects are finished... So, lately, I say I'd keep most of what I breed, but that might change.

Since I've decided to start a few lineages, I'll be keeping more of my bred eggs than before, at least until I get some decent lines established. Then it's back to the ol' AP dumping!

My philosophy is that I always try to breed for quality and desirability as the core of what I do on DC as well as breeding for myself with a specific goal in mind. If a particular breeding doesn't work out for one reason or another I usually will drop to the AP knowing that someone else will (hopefully) love to have a nicely lineaged dragon egg.

The only one I have never abandoned before or traded away is my Geode. XDDD It's kind of nice to keep an eye on the egg while it's growing up on another person's scroll.

I keep most of my bred dragons. I just really like having the whole family all there on one scroll tongue.gif

I keep a few and I trade/abandon the rest. I gift more than do lineages.