MaidMarian

Valley Sherwood: A Dragon Cave Fansite

I really hope it's not gone for good, this is one of my favourite sites and between it and AoND I've never lost an egg. 

This happened a few days ago and in like 24 hours it came back so ? 

EDIT: I just read on the Tiny Questions thread that Valley Sherwood seems to have been hacked.

Edited by IzzyCat91

Has anyone heard from Maid Marian ?

8 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Has anyone heard from Maid Marian ?

No. I sent her a PM the first time the site was down -- earlier this week.

She did read that PM a few hours after I sent it, although I never got a reply.

The site did come back, after that. I have not sent another message.

Now a namecheap.com page is coming up with a note that "This domain was recently registered at namecheap.com. Please check back later!"
I hope this is caused by the site owner moving Valleysherwood or making other changes that will bring the site back up. I would be disappointed if the site was down for good.

14 hours ago, purplehaze said:

No. I sent her a PM the first time the site was down -- earlier this week.

She did read that PM a few hours after I sent it, although I never got a reply.

The site did come back, after that. I have not sent another message.

OK - I sent her one yesterday - not read yet - and I saw the namecheap thing the first time I tried the place.

For what it's worth, site is up at the moment.  Wasn't just a little bit before when I made my earlier hatchery rounds.

Just now, Dracaena said:

For what it's worth, site is up at the moment.  Wasn't just a little bit before when I made my earlier hatchery rounds.

Really?  I'm still getting the "registered at namecheap" thing

1 minute ago, KageSora said:

Really?  I'm still getting the "registered at namecheap" thing

Yeah,  on chrome and in nw US if that gives any clues.  Not everyone got the memo about the site going down, there are few and very ER eggs and dragons in there.

Unfortunately, if the site went down, someone might have sniped the domain. I don't think Valley Sherwood is going to come back unless they rename it something different

1 hour ago, Dracaena said:

Yeah,  on chrome and in nw US if that gives any clues.  Not everyone got the memo about the site going down, there are few and very ER eggs and dragons in there.

23 minutes ago, Dracaena said:

And it fell over again as I had the viewer running...

Odd that it was running at all, given the page that most of us are getting.

Sad if we have lost another good hatchery.

@MaidMarian hope you're okay.  I think a lot of us would happily follow you to a new URL, if it comes to that, or chip in toward hosting or what have you.

Thanks everyone for already looking into this.  I was out of town and couldn't get to the forum to ask what was up until recently.

I'm so sorry guys! The hosting company had an issue with processing PayPal payments recently so it didn't Auto renew as usual. I went in and manually renewed when it first went down, but turns out I only renewed the web server and not the domain, then the domain expired shortly after so you guys weren't able to access it.  I'm so sorry!

it should be back up either now or within 24 hours depending on how long it takes DNS to update where you are. 

Thankfully they have a 30-day grace period if you forget to renew on time, so it wasn't lost (phew!) 

And thanks so much to everyone who sent messages to let me know there was still a problem!

Me, my hubs and our three littles have all been sick for like a week and a half, so I have been even less on top of things than usual LOL 

Speaking of family, I kind of wanted to come and update yall ever since my baby girl was born a year ago....  Well let's just say her name is uhh inspired by my screen name here 😅  What can I say, I liked the name. xD

Anyway she's an incredible human and it's absolutely hers now.  🥰

It's back!!! Thanks so much MaidMarian and I'm glad to hear you and your family are doing alright (though boooo sickness!).

9 minutes ago, MaidMarian said:

Me, my hubs and our three littles have all been sick for like a week and a half, so I have been even less on top of things than usual LOL 

Speaking of family, I kind of wanted to come and update yall ever since my baby girl was born a year ago....  Well let's just say her name is uhh inspired by my screen name here 😅  What can I say, I liked the name. xD

Sorry to hear y'all haven't been feeling well, I hope everybody is recovering well!  And congrats on the new baby!

Glad you and your family are ok, if a little sick.

The site is back for me, thanks for sorting it and good that the worst was avoided.

Very glad to see that the site is back!

Sorry you have not been well. Hope everyone is better soon!

22 minutes ago, MaidMarian said:

And thanks so much to everyone who sent messages to let me know there was still a problem!

I am so glad you are okay. Great news about your hatchery. Get well to you and your family, I am so sorry you all are not feeling well and you will all soon be feeling much better.  How sweet that you have a little baby daughter,  she sounds like a little sweet angel.  💖