MaidMarian

Valley Sherwood: A Dragon Cave Fansite

15 minutes ago, Syphoneira said:

No more Valley Sherwood - ever???!!! I hope it can be revived! It's a great site and I used to rely on it a lot...

Let's not jump to that conclusion, yet. I think Maid Marian is probably just otherwise occupied at the moment with real life and doesn't realize what is happening. I have sent her a message, but it doesn't seem she has read it, yet.

Thanks, I hadn't realized that she might have not have known yet. Now I feel a bit better, lol.

I really miss this site, it was so easy to use, and I was so happy using it. I hope it gets revived.

I was wondering what happened, thought it was an issue with my scroll at first but I asked a friend to try my scroll and theirs the day the issue first popped up, and neither scroll would work. It’s odd, because I’d just added three dragons to Valley Sherwood that afternoon EST, checked back in the evening and it wouldn’t work. Now last I saw of it the hatchery was filled with adults, which were all labelled as critical ERs despite being grown up (as, I assume, they were at a time by then where as eggs/hatchlings they’d be on death’s doorstep) so obviously the hatchery can’t update any information at all.

I hope it can get fixed whenever the owner has the time - the same happened to Dragon Breeders Cave and The Hatching Club and, while the latter was repaired quite swiftly, the former was taken down afterward. It’s a pain for me since I’m impatient and liked to stuff my dragons in every known hatchery to get them to S2 faster for a while despite it resulting in a lot of sick hatchlings, lol.

1 hour ago, StarKaabi said:

I was wondering what happened, thought it was an issue with my scroll at first but I asked a friend to try my scroll and theirs the day the issue first popped up, and neither scroll would work. It’s odd, because I’d just added three dragons to Valley Sherwood that afternoon EST, checked back in the evening and it wouldn’t work. Now last I saw of it the hatchery was filled with adults, which were all labelled as critical ERs despite being grown up (as, I assume, they were at a time by then where as eggs/hatchlings they’d be on death’s doorstep) so obviously the hatchery can’t update any information at all.

Yeah, it's a bit surreal going onto the site and seeing all the adult dragons at the bottom of the page in red boxes due to it not being able to sync with Dragon Cave anymore.

At first, I thought Dragon Cave had something to do with it not working since there were lag spikes around the same time Valley Sherwood/Dragon Breeder's Cave/The Hatching Club stopped working, but now it seems more likely that the discontinued support for php serialize just affected all of them in tandem, just in different ways.

On 7/21/2022 at 6:35 PM, Myoukin said:

Yeah, it's a bit surreal going onto the site and seeing all the adult dragons at the bottom of the page in red boxes due to it not being able to sync with Dragon Cave anymore.

At first, I thought Dragon Cave had something to do with it not working since there were lag spikes around the same time Valley Sherwood/Dragon Breeder's Cave/The Hatching Club stopped working, but now it seems more likely that the discontinued support for php serialize just affected all of them in tandem, just in different ways.

Also pretty weird going to it and seeing literally nothing. No dragons or anything. Hope it's fixed soon.

I also hope that it will be fixed soon, I miss this site so much :(

@MaidMarian I hope you can fix it and your site will be working as intended again :) We all are rooting for you and your website ❤️

Oh no! I'm sorry I didn't know about this till I checked in today 😭 Aw but you all are the best! 🥰

Should be working now. Very quick hot fix for now but I'll make it more future proof in the next few weeks. 

Long story but all three of my kids got COVID and then I got it too... right as my final term was ending in June. 😫

Thankfully I was able to get an extension to finish my coursework after I recovered.  As of a few days ago, I'm finished with school! Yes I've finally earned a BS in software development. 😱😁

So I may actually have time free to fix the site issues. 😆

I've been so busy that I had no idea it had stopped working, so I'm not sure how long there has been an issue? Oops 😬 I'll go back and look at the history.  Just wanted to get out an update first! 

love to all of you awesome people ❤️

Screenshot_20220802-233651~2.png

Edited by MaidMarian

Oh my, that sounds so hectic. Glad things are better now, and Grats on the degree!

So sorry to hear that you had so much to deal with! I knew there had to be a good reason why you didn't check in sooner!

Thank you so much for fixing things and for all you do to help us raise our babies!

Thank goodness you're all over the worst. Horrid thing Covid is.

Congratulations and very well done on your degree!  It's a very exciting time for you!

Great that you're back!

Congrats for your finished school, and I hope that you and all of your family have fully recovered by now. Thank you so much for your hard work - it is greatly appreciated!

Thank you for your amazing work :)

I'm sorry that you had such hard time recently, but I'm glad for you that everything turned okay :) And I'm so happy for you to get your degree too, that's amazing!

Glad to see it's working again, it's one of the few hatcheries I really like. So sorry to hear how hectic your life has been lately, but congrats on finishing school!

On valley sherwood, the name is lightly filled in maidmarion823 , don't know if I could get to your scroll or not because I put my name in but you might want to see what's up with that.

Screenshot_20220810-023102_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9821633274fbbcccc3016c20f3337091.jpg

1 hour ago, kzspot said:

On valley sherwood, the name is lightly filled in maidmarion823 , don't know if I could get to your scroll or not because I put my name in but you might want to see what's up with that.

I see it, too, and you can't access that scroll. Valley Sherwood is partially frozen on that page. The dragons are switching out at least. Still looks like it might result in a lot of sick hatchlings/eggs, tho.

Aranoa hatchling - 10,738 views

Celestial hatchling - 9,626

Sawtooth hatchling - 10,969

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

Yeah, it's been doing that since the site came back online. But at least adding things through our scrolls still puts them in ER.

Edited by MissK.

On 8/11/2022 at 12:52 PM, Shadowdrake said:

The manual code-add er box doesn't seem to work? It's unable to find any dragons.

Should be fixed now. Sorry I didn't see this sooner!

I just updated my notifications settings for this topic so I should see replies a lot more quickly now. Looks like the settings have changed a lot over the years. 🤦‍♀️

Hi @MaidMarian, I noticed that when I go to load my scroll, it thinks that is a password field instead of for my scroll name. One thing I love about your site is that it would automatically recognize my scroll name (not populate exactly, but I could use predictive text to easily fill in my scroll name).  It just kept me from having to tediously type in my scroll name letter by letter in its entirety every time I visited Valley Sherwood. Hope that makes sense.  If it is possible to change it so that it would exhibit this behavior again, that would be awesome. :)

@missy_ oh no it shouldn't be doing that. :(

Is this issue still happening for you? If so can you respond with which browser and device you had this happen on, and I will try to track it down. 

I haven't been able to replicate it, it's behaving as usual for me. Well it would be nice if it was a temporary glitch and just resolved itself.  :)