MaidMarian

Valley Sherwood: A Dragon Cave Fansite

It's working again for me now (yay!), but the broken images in the hatchery have been happening for me too, for at least a month. Just occasionally though; no biggie.

1 hour ago, Vodkapirate said:

It's working again for me now (yay!), but the broken images in the hatchery have been happening for me too, for at least a month. Just occasionally though; no biggie.

Yeah, I thought at first the broken images were because of site lag over the Halloween breeding period, but that is pretty much gone and I still get them quite a bit, but they are intermittent.

I heard on the radio that there have been some internet connectivity issues all over the place yesterday, maybe that was the reason?

I just wonder, can you prevent that other unpolite players would add my dragons to your site without my premsiion?

Little question. Is there anyway to find out if someone has used a bot of some sort to add my scroll? It's being added daily for the last couple of years. 

Nope. You just have to keep an eye open.

4 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Nope. You just have to keep an eye open.

Geez, guess I was hopeful. Thank you anyway @Fuzzbucket

@Raphy it may be a bot. I had that happen to me a few years ago and it seemed like they knew as soon as I removed my dragons and put them right back.

Having a curious issue.  When I went to put the new eggs into Valley Sherwood, it will not bring up my scroll information.  Page just refreshes after entering scroll name. I've never had issues with the site like this before.  Anyone know what might be going on?

Works for me (also for your username). Try to clear your browser's cache? Restart browser?

33 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Works for me (also for your username). Try to clear your browser's cache? Restart browser?

Yes did all that last night and again tonight... restarted computer even.  Finally tracked the issue down to some extent. For whatever reason firefox is not saving cookies even though I have them enabled.  When I thought to try on a different browser - scroll loaded up just fine.  Looking further, McAfee WebAdvisor extension on I have on firefox is apparently over-riding my firefox settings so it's not letting cookies get through and can't figure out why. When I disable that extension and go back to Valley Sherwood - scroll loads up just fine in Firefox.  Turn it back on, and the scroll won't load.  There is nothing in webadvisor to suggest that it should be doing this or how to get it to stop over riding.

Huh. I can't see where it should require a cookie at all.

Could it be that your McAfee is removing POST parameter data (that's where your username is contained) because the site is not using https?

I'm seeing no dragons (just "Unable to connect to the dragons database.") and nothing when I try to enter my scroll. Is anyone else seeing this?

3 minutes ago, Paintra said:

I'm seeing no dragons (just "Unable to connect to the dragons database.") and nothing when I try to enter my scroll. Is anyone else seeing this?

I'm seeing this right now too, it isn't just you.  I actually came looking for this thread just to see if anyone else was having this problem, haha.

Anyone know what's up with the site?

Yep, guess it was just for a couple minutes, it seems to be back up for me too!

I don't know if this is just someone very unsuccessfully trying to reverse-viewbomb me, but I've noticed these past days that my scroll information is lost about once a day, i.e. when I go to add my scroll I get the information all the critters (most of whom were definitely already submitted the day before) are new to the database. I am assuming this is just me, but in case it's a bug I wanted to give others the opportunity to speak up about it and report it.

I noticed my scroll was taken off from this, too, and I also assumed someone trying to be unhelpful?

Since there are still plenty of growing things in the hatchery, I didn't assume a bug ... until you posted, pinkgothic

I was able to add two eggs just now.

On 3/27/2021 at 10:41 AM, jJedi_Master_1 said:

It's working just fine for me.

Sorry, I accidently posted in the wrong topic. Valley Sherwood is working fine for me, too.