MaidMarian

Valley Sherwood: A Dragon Cave Fansite

13 hours ago, MaidMarian said:

I'm so sorry guys! The hosting company had an issue with processing PayPal payments recently so it didn't Auto renew as usual. I went in and manually renewed when it first went down, but turns out I only renewed the web server and not the domain, then the domain expired shortly after so you guys weren't able to access it.  I'm so sorry!

it should be back up either now or within 24 hours depending on how long it takes DNS to update where you are. 

Thankfully they have a 30-day grace period if you forget to renew on time, so it wasn't lost (phew!) 

And thanks so much to everyone who sent messages to let me know there was still a problem!

Me, my hubs and our three littles have all been sick for like a week and a half, so I have been even less on top of things than usual LOL 

Speaking of family, I kind of wanted to come and update yall ever since my baby girl was born a year ago....  Well let's just say her name is uhh inspired by my screen name here 😅  What can I say, I liked the name. xD

Anyway she's an incredible human and it's absolutely hers now.  🥰

I'm so sorry everyone's been ill, I hope you all get better soon.

I'm very glad you didn't lose your domain in the middle of all this.

13 hours ago, MaidMarian said:

I'm so sorry guys! The hosting company had an issue with processing PayPal payments recently so it didn't Auto renew as usual. I went in and manually renewed when it first went down, but turns out I only renewed the web server and not the domain, then the domain expired shortly after so you guys weren't able to access it.  I'm so sorry!

it should be back up either now or within 24 hours depending on how long it takes DNS to update where you are. 

Thankfully they have a 30-day grace period if you forget to renew on time, so it wasn't lost (phew!) 

And thanks so much to everyone who sent messages to let me know there was still a problem!

Me, my hubs and our three littles have all been sick for like a week and a half, so I have been even less on top of things than usual LOL 

Speaking of family, I kind of wanted to come and update yall ever since my baby girl was born a year ago....  Well let's just say her name is uhh inspired by my screen name here 😅  What can I say, I liked the name. xD

Hoping you all get better soon. Congratulations on little Marian! 

And just so you know, I did an actual happy dance in my kitchen last night when I read that your site was back up and running again. :D 

You're totally okay, @MaidMarian! Thank you for restoring everything. Sorry to hear that you are sick. I wish you and yours a swift recovery.

Edited by 0x08

14 hours ago, MaidMarian said:

SO glad you are OK - Valley is very much secondary to YOU. But it's good to see it back too. :wub: 

Great you're back and thanks for all of your hard work with this really great hatchery!

I hope you and your family will be back to perfect health ASAP!

Great to hear the site is back up and running.👏

🎉🎊Congrats on little Marian🎊🎉

And I Hope You And Your Family Gets Well Soon.💐🍱

I'm glad to see you back, @MaidMarian! Valley Sherwood was the first hatchery I ever used and it has a special place in my heart.

I hope you and your family feel better! 

On 4/26/2022 at 12:16 AM, MaidMarian said:

YAY I thought it was lost forever, really the best hatchery site and at last I know who to thank .... Thank you @MaidMarian!

Came here to say I'm just so happy to see this site working again. ^_^ I noticed it was down and I kept keeping tabs on this thread and the site itself. So thrilled to see it back up! It's one of my favorite sites for sure!  I was feeling lost without it.

Strange message when I try to enter my scroll.

There was a problem: The "serialize" output format is deprecated and will be removed in the future. Use JSON instead..

FYI, the ER is filling up, with some that hatched 3 hours ago.  If you try to update (click on check mark by it) a dragon you get message "Unable to fetch info about this dragon from Dragon Cave".  If some of those ER babies belong to people reading this, better fog them.

To prevent additional confusion here: This is an error from the API that's being bubbled through, it's not actually actionable for you as users of the hatchery. The site needs to make some changes to its code.

I sent a message last night to Maid Marian.

There was a problem: The "serialize" output format is deprecated and will be removed in the future. Use JSON instead..

I don't know whats the matter but I get this when I try to add my scroll.

3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Thank you. That's one of the main two I use besides AOND. 

1 hour ago, Aurora-Silver said:

I don't know whats the matter but I get this when I try to add my scroll.

Put simply, the output format (PHP Serialize, iirc) is no longer being supported, so the owner (I'm assuming Maid Marian) needs to rework the site's code to fix the issue.

On a similar note, I'm guessing The Hatching Club's having a similar issue considering it started having problems obtaining info from Dragon Cave at the same time Valley Sherwood did.

11 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

To prevent additional confusion here: This is an error from the API that's being bubbled through, it's not actually actionable for you as users of the hatchery. The site needs to make some changes to its code.

10 hours ago, purplehaze said:

6 hours ago, Myoukin said:

Put simply, the output format (PHP Serialize, iirc) is no longer being supported, so the owner (I'm assuming Maid Marian) needs to rework the site's code to fix the issue.

On a similar note, I'm guessing The Hatching Club's having a similar issue considering it started having problems obtaining info from Dragon Cave at the same time Valley Sherwood did.

Thank you to all three of you 🤗 I was wondering what was going on. Whenever you can get to it Maidmarian, appreciate you & thanks so much!

Edited by priscel

Maid Marian has still not read the PM that I sent to her. I know sometimes she is busy with real life.

On 7/17/2022 at 6:39 PM, priscel said:

I just wanted to note that, while The Hatching Club went down at the same time, it went back in service shortly after.  :D   I'm still missing Valley Sherwood though. 😢

No more Valley Sherwood - ever???!!! I hope it can be revived! It's a great site and I used to rely on it a lot...