dakota1431

Naming, after parents.

I got a fun surprise just now! A 3rd gen egg that descended from my scroll (the egg's mother' s parents are mine) that I snagged in the AP. The owner of it named it after mine, so now I am REQUIRED to keep it xd.png

https://dragcave.net/lineage/EQiAz

Edited by JBluewind

This is something I'm almost fanatical about - every bred baby gets named, after the parents if possible unless inspiration strikes me to name them something else. I try to do this with every bred egg I get (and with all the ones I breed, too). I don't have it happen very often with my own dragons, but these two are a couple of my favorites: one and two. Thank you to the people who named them! ♥

My alt sweetling is named "I rarely hug" and there are so many good 2g names.

http://dragcave.net/progeny/j7kH

I Hug My Own Leonard Nimoy takes the cake.

I love clever naming schemes or just beautiful names, so I try to incorporate them into the offspring I find in the AP. But sometimes I get a messy lineage with a fantastic early generation name set so I take from that to name.

I named these two after their parent(s), and their two sons (who both went to the same user, lol) were named after them. It was pretty simple but it made me so happy biggrin.gif

I always try to name after parents, and I absolutely love it when others do it.

I Hug My Own Leonard Nimoy takes the cake.

Img, that's my CB alt sweetling, and I hadn't seen that yet. That is incredibly awesome.

I abandoned a 2g red dorsal from a red dorsal and bright pink and they used my naming scheme! Now murky omen and murky magenta have a beautiful murky pink baby. biggrin.gif

Ok, I love this. Anyone know what I should name my sunsong amphiptere. He is a male. His dad's name is Brizard in the Freezer and his mom's name is Verukusli. Any ideas on how to combine them? It's fine to use the grandparents names too. smile.gif just looking for ideas

Edited by WaterDroplet

I normally try to name my dragons with some kind of homage to the ancestry. Not sure which are the best, though, since almost all of them are named that way xd.png

But with regards to descendants from my dragons, I think the ones that make me happiest are the ones descended from my CB Desipis, particularly http://dragcave.net/lineage/CoHf5. The mom's name is a song lyric and roughly means "My Lost Child" (and I do mean roughly xd.png I can't speak German) while the offspring's name means "Lost At Sea".

I got the child of the codes PODAD (male) and N3MuM (female), so I froze it and called it 'Baby' :3

Some instances that I can recall from the top of my head (that I haven't posted about earlier):

A 3G Bleeding Moon from Yulebucks is named "Serce Yuletide Kestrel" and she has quite a few children named after her. smile.gif

The same thing keeps happening to one of my 3G Silver Tins, who's named for his CB ancestor.

I name most of my CB Reds after Hogwarts professors, and others are continuing this convention or they're using the same prefix.

This has also happened to the progeny of my stairstep metals.

And last but not least, someone's used my naming convention for my spectacularly messy Silvers.

Edited by obelisk_light

was just looking through a dragon's offspring, and found this guy, who not only has a similar name, but also has a description alluding to his father's. Made my night, only wish I'd seen it sooner. Thanks, ADP