Dr. Paine

Description comments

I got

Accept: tl;dr

It's only 857 characters D= yay for accept, but, feelings crushed.

Honestly - they disqualify themselve by using that abbrevation - if they are too lazy to write 4 words then probably everything longer than a sentence iss too long to them sad.gif

Don't let thos people drag you down *hugs*

Moonlight Black Frost, Frost for short, is showered with praise and admiration everyday. It was a sitting alt, and not only that, but of pure black dragon blood. Although Frost appreciated the kind words and heavy attention, behind that curtain, it wasn't bursting with happiness at all. Frost wouldn't tell anyone this secret in fear they'd brush the matter aside and not care one bit about how it felt. So in time, bitterness grew in the young one's heart. The truth was that Frost didn't have a gender. Neither female nor male, Frost was an outsider without a certainly needed adjective to describe it. An adjective that classified every living thing in two very important classes didn't apply to it. And so even though with all the friends gathered around Frost, it felt that it  was alone. Frost keeps the emotions it has in a diary, secret and hidden. Maybe one day someone will find it, and understand the solemn thoughts of the little creature.

Accept:

Abstain: I don't know if a dragon can have a diary!

Accept:

Well, I was referring to the "Give your dragon a journal" thread...guess this person doesn't know about it. x3

Silas is an interesting fellow, to say the very least. With expressions that range from frightening to downright comical, he can either be intimidating, hilarious, or really adorable depending on his company. He's grumpy in every sense of the word, having glares and scowls that can kill lesser dragons. He thoroughly likes to pretend that he hates everyone and everything, even when he's secretly having a good time and enjoying the company of others, because he has a reputation to uphold! As a rule, he detests being touched, and gets hostile with even the lightest brush of body contact. If Silas lets someone touch him without freaking out, it means something good. If he actually touches someone of his own free will  that's when you know you're well and truly in his good graces. He hasn't had the easiest life ever  his childhood was downright terrible  but when someone gets to know him, he's a loyal friend to the end and will defend that person with his very life.

Accept: Very well written! An upvote for you, good sir/madam.

Accept:

This is my first description. THIS SYSTEM AMUSES ME. As in, I like seeing feedback to my writing.

I have a few descriptions in the queue. It really made my day when I saw this:

Sanshoku has heard enough of the old stories to know that it's the outcast, the misfit, the rebel who always finds himself on the wrong side of the rules that is the hero that saves the day, rescues the damsel, or saves the world. This idea keeps him going. He has always found himself on the wrong side of the rules, always in trouble without ever really understanding why. He is also somewhat of a loner, having never made any friends. None of this bothers him, however. He knows that he is destined for great things. One day he will be the one to save the day, rescue the maiden, or even save the world. All the stories say so. The heroes are always just like him. Now, if his future would just hurry up and get here. He can't wait to see the pride in his parents' eyes, get the girl, and be loved by all. In the meantime, he continues to not fit in, break the rules, etc. That's how heroes are made.

Accept:

Accept: Love it

Auxilium's name can be roughly translated to 'help' or 'power'. This name is highly fitting, for this majestic beast travels the continent to assist those in need and help vanquish evil. Auxilium's history is little known, and he is more misunderstood than many like to think. On the outside he is a battle-scarred hero, ready to do whatever it takes to defeat the next adversary, but on the inside he is an absolute wreck. Being a hero is not as wonderful as it's made out to be, in reality mentally and physically traumatizing those who sacrifice themselves for others. Auxilium headed out into the fray with this in mind and has so far shown few signs of seriously considering turning back. But with many scars, missing scales and not-quite-healed injuries, one can only wonder exactly how much longer it will be before the golden warrior falls at the hands of evil.

Reject:

Troll rejecter strikes again! Can I at least have some concrit with the reject? .-.

Rose of Sharon Dreamer is a flighty, daydreaming dragon who has hopes that are a bit unrealistic.  She hopes that one day she'll meet the dragon of her dreams, who'll give her a giant cave to live in and have lots of expensive items.  She'll have a baby and he'll go and be the first wagon-fixing dragon out there.  And then they'll live happily ever after.  Whether this will actually happen or not seems to be unknown.

Abstain: I like the idea behind it, but I don't know about "expensive items" and "wagon-fixing dragon".

unsure.gifI get it's out-there, but I mention in the description that the dragon has "unrealistic hopes." I don't know what to do... the dragon is based off the character Rose of Sharon from Steinbeck's novel The Grapes of Wrath if anyone caught that though...

I wouldn't worry too much about it, unless a mod actually gives you a reason it would be unacceptable. Both "expensive items" and "wagon fixing" were around in the medieval setting we use for our dragons.

Arty loves to play games. He likes active games like Hide 'n' Seek. He likes sedate games like backgammon, although he usually has to ask one of the pygmies to move the pieces for him. He likes word games and puns. If it's a game, it's a pretty safe bet that Arty has tried it at least once. He's not a very good loser but has, over time, learned to accept that he can't win them all. The hope of winning is part of what keeps him trying.

Accept: The idea of a pygmy moving the pieces of a board game for him is rather amusing.

Accept:

Accept:

Now to choose which pygmy and describe that one! xd.png

A lot of my descriptions require that you read those of my other dragons, but at the moment those would only be Vector, Aszalia'xai, and Akilatrai.

My White dragon, To Dabble in Death:

Dabble, not liking his full name, is a young White male recently mated to Start of a New Life, a Golden Wyvern. Somewhat neutral to the current state of affairs and disliking conflict, Dabble stays away from both the Vampires' faction and the Nightstalker Resistance. This may or may not be due to threats on his life by both sides if he works against them. The poor dragon only dares to watch as the man who should have been his master is oppressed by the Vampires' claws and fangs, and as the Nebula leader, Vector, is drawn to more and more drastic measures- including lethal force- to overturn them. He can only ask himself how the mighty can fall so quickly.

Two unexplained Accepts. I wish people would give actual feedback D:

I've saved up so many comments! wacko.gif

Suzume Tsukehara is one of the travelling dragons who came to live in the clan from other places. Nobody knows where exactly Suzume came from, except that it is somewhere far east, as she chooses not to reveal her specific origin. She wanders the clan's territories, occasionally helping out where it's needed, but never staying in one place for long. Many dragons are surprised by Suzume's hunting abilities at first. Although she seldom hunts for food, she is known to have taken out large creatures with the use of stealth, tactics, and excellent aim. Because of these qualities, she is currently one of the four guards of a certain Lumina, though his attitude is making her consider quitting.

Accept: Nice work!

Accept: Excellent storytelling and characterization. I look forward to reading descriptions like these when I'm reviewing!

Accept: Nice Description

I just got the second one, made my day :3 Suzume is based on one of my off-DC characters. I love turning people into dragons. Tons of fun.

This dragon's name, as well as his origin or any other details, is unknown to the clan's members. He simply walked into the clan's territory one day, donning a black collar around his neck and several rings of glistening metal on his paws, and made an abandoned cave his home. Since his arrival, he has never exchanged more than a few words with a fellow dragon. Most have labeled him a spy of another clan and tried to forcefully drive him out, but he was always back the next day without fail. Due to his mysterious demeanor and the odd look in his eyes, the dragons of Thoiris have nicknamed him 'Smrtka', meaning 'The Grim Reaper'.

Accept: Very creative and well worded

Accept: Your descriptions are like buses, you wait forever to see one, then two come along at once xd.png Love it though smile.gif

Accept: He's gonna come get you...that Smrtka...

First comment: happy.gif

Other two: major xd.png, especially the buses one, someone was waiting to see one of mine! *warm and fuzzy*

Despite her physical gender, Akiaka has called herself a female ever since she was a hatchling. For her, it has simply never felt right to be labeled a "he", no matter what everyone told her. Unfortunately, some of the more closed-minded dragons of the clan refuse to accept this part of her, and some have outright attacked her when they found out.

While she can be somewhat reclusive and moody at times, Akiaka is a fairly ordinary White dragonness. She enjoys being in nature, especially during fall, and loves to spend time with animals and hatchlings. She also longs for a mate to spend her life with, even if they won't be able to raise their own children, and it's no secret that she is particularly fond of a certain Daydream dragon.

Accept: Yay, LGBT dragons!

Yay!

Like all of her kind, she only comes to life after the sun sets. Yet, unlike the others, she despises her life in the shadows, viewing it as a curse upon herself. She wishes to meet a dragon she loves, a charming Daydream, whom she has observed many times from afar but never approached. For her, the Daydream is everything she will never be; a radiant, joyful creature, innocent and filled with a love of life that she can't fully understand. Terrified of rejection, she settles for watching him sleep each night, but always leaves once the first rays of the sun enter the cave. Deep down, she knows that one day she won't hide, that she'll let the sun burn her away instead of continuing her joyless life.

Accept: Poor poor Heaven! *sniff*

I moved someone to tears! D:

Anyone get the reference? Would make me the happiest Lordi fan on the planet

Drak Mrak has made his home near a human village, a fair distance from the Thoiris clan's territories. As the villagers' knowledge of dragon breeds is at best very limited, and most weren't originally aware that Daydreams are a peaceful species, Mrak's arrival inspired panic at first. However, he has since resolved this misunderstanding and made friends quickly. Now, the people are generally happy to see Mrak, especially the children who often come to play with him. His name means "Cloud the Dragon", and while it's not particularly creative, it was given to him by one of the villagers and it stuck over time.

Accept: Yep. biggrin.gif

Yep what? ohmy.gif

I got a single unexplained Reject for this:

Braizhorn is a good-natured Trihorn, eager to please both his Valentine mate(Phantasmata) and former master(Kiryu). He will decline any offer to join the Nightstalker Resistance, however he is loosely affiliated with them due to his ties to Kiryu. Despite this, he will obey Aszalia'xai with no apparent reluctance, and should the Vampire demand any eggs from the Trihorn, Braizhorn will follow up with a quickly delivered egg and an amiable "Here y'go" in his unidentifiable accent. What is odd about this, however, is that any hatchling from the delivered egg turns out to be so unruly that Aszalia'xai finds it too much trouble to handle and simply lets it free...

Is there anything in particular wrong with this, other than the fact that fully understanding the impact requires a bit of context from other descriptions?

Got a rather bizarre one:

Most of the dragons Baythamp knows believe they are his friends, and although they are not very kind or thoughtful, he simply doesn't have the heart to tell them how he really feels. He's always had a fear of loneliness, so even being amongst selfish, demanding, and thoughtless dragons is better than being around no one at all.

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Reject: You may want to add more to that. Why does he have a fear of loneliness? Why don't other dragons interact with him?

I think something went awry betwixt reading and understanding.

On a more positive note:

Centy prides himself on his luxurious fluff, spending most of his waking hours grooming and refusing to walk near even the slightest mess. The barest mention of mud causes him to go into convulsions, and don't even mention sap or honey. His fur is of the highest quality, and he uses that to his advantage; humans will pay top gold for high quality dragon cashmere, and he uses the extra cash to pad out his lair.

Accept: "Honey" (Sorry. Couldn't resist!)

Oh. Oh dear. I think you killed him. ohmy.giftongue.gif

On a more positive note:

Oh. Oh dear. I think you killed him. ohmy.giftongue.gif

I'm sorry. sad.gif I didn't mean to. ohmy.gif

Selachophobic has an intense fear of sharks. He thinks of them as rough-skinned evil monsters just waiting to rip his head off, even those small enough to sit on a finger. It took nearly a decade to convince him that forests are completely devoid of sharks.

Reject: This is not a description of the dragon itself.

I don't understand. In what way?

Edited by dirtytabs

Description: Upon the birth of Legolus and Aragorn there was lots of drama, for they were the holy ones which prophecy said would lead the tribe until the arrival of the holier ones who would forever lead their tribe to greatness. Upon their arrival many dragons switched sides to either Elessar or Greenleaf and there was a great battle, however they reached a agreement. And the holy two became great friends and they decided to have a child. They then agreed that they and all those who come after them would have one child who would mate with either a gold or silver dragon . The king and queen would then be free to do whatever they wished.

Accept: I can't help but giggle a bit at your choice of names (I love LotR as well), but asides from that, good job c: It's relatively short and to the point. Hope it gets approved!

Ide just like to say thanks to whoever made this comment as this is the 7th incarnation of this dragons description and all the other comments have been really critical

Festive Ribbon is a kind-hearted and quiet dragon. She spends her days roaming the world alone, spreading cheer and goodwill. She sometimes longs for home, her human friend that raised her and her mate; thoughts of people or dragons that need her quiet presence keep her from returning. However, every Christmas she and all those she loves can rejoice in her brief return.

Accept: Beautifully simple yet covers her so well <3

I always get so super excited when someone leaves an actual comment!

Edited by Draco Knight

I don't understand. In what way?

Dirtytabs, that reviewer is wrong. When I see a review that I consider to be incorrect, I generally wait for a moderator to look at it. I will make corrections when I feel the reviewer has a point or is right in his review, but when I feel I am right, I just ignore reviews like that.

This Wrapping-Wing has dubbed his territory 'Isengard'. He constantly kidnaps small humanoids with large feet to take them to his territory and invite them in to share a home-cooked dinner, usually of roasted birds. Nobody knows why he does this, but whenever he flies by with another small humanoid held in his paws, all the other dragons say, "Oh, look. He's taking the hobbits to Isengard again."

Accept: THEY'RE TAKING THE HOBBITS TO ISENGARD, TO ISENGARD

Accept:

Accept: +1 LOL oh my god I can't *DIE*

Accept:

Accept:

Reject:

Accept: *does some research* LOLOLOL I JUST GOT THAT!!!

Accept: Eww

Accept:

Accept: A little bit of an odd practice for a dragon, but it amuses me anyway!

The hobbits the hobbits the hobbits the hobbits to Isengard to Isengard!

Dirtytabs, that reviewer is wrong. When I see a review that I consider to be incorrect, I generally wait for a moderator to look at it. I will make corrections when I feel the reviewer has a point or is right in his review, but when I feel I am right, I just ignore reviews like that.

Huh. I figured I talked a bit too much about sharks. Thanks.

Also, this cheered me up wub.gif:

That Dweam Wiffin a Dweam is friendly and loves the attention of humans. Couples who see her in their fields believe that they will be blessed with a happy relationship. Knowing of this breed's poor vision, one family of glassmakers gave That Dweam Wiffin a Dweam a pair of framed lenses, to sit on her snout. Of course, they do nothing to help her see better, but the family meant well, and she never takes them off unless to clean them.
Accept: It's the thought that counts <3

So I just just released 30 descriptions and got some nice comments almost immediately:

For my Pumpkins:

Nice smile.gif

So ambitious smile.gif

For my Lurkers:

Nice smile.gif

Awesome biggrin.gif

For my Shadow Walkers:

Just one word - WOW

How many of these dragons do you have biggrin.gif

- the answer to that is 10 (number of 2nd gens I managed to snatch last year)

And for my frozen Bone Marrows Cain and Abelina:

Sweet Siblings ^.^

They are probably all from the same person and I just wanted to say :

Thank You for taking the time to say something nice - especially since Socks told me in her thread, that the comments are a lot more important than simple accepts - a mod can't see who accepted or rejected, so the comments are far more telling for them on how close they need to comb through a description smile.gif

I wrote this and got a comment within minutes.

Essentially a mute by dragon standards, Adrian has never spoken in concrete words, only managing to get unclear images and emotions across. With his different mind, it is as though the mere concept of words confuses him. Instead, he has the natural gift of empathy, feeling a bond with all dragons regardless of who they are.

Often stranded in the sea of dragons who don't understand him, Adrian will retreat into his small garden for days on end, into the silent company of his precious flowers. But sometimes, out of the blue, dragons of the clan will find bouquets in front of their caves, with no name or explanation to them. For Adrian, these gifts show his love better than a thousand words.

Accept: He's a secret Arsani biggrin.gif

I absolutely saw that coming. xd.png And it wasn't even my original intention... Adrian was born in the wrong body, I guess.

That was me biggrin.gif

I'm trying to leave at least one word with every description and it's not as if you needed concrit laugh.gif

I rarely ever get more than empty accepts on my descriptions. Heck, I had a description pending approval for over a month and ended up with 10 empty accepts. ...While another description pending approval for almost as long only had two empty accepts. O.o

I love when someone even says something simple like "Oh, that's nice!" xd.png

I rarely ever get more than empty accepts on my descriptions. Heck, I had a description pending approval for over a month and ended up with 10 empty accepts. ...While another description pending approval for almost as long only had two empty accepts. O.o

I love when someone even says something simple like "Oh, that's nice!" xd.png

I now what you mean, I haven't had a comment in a while, although I haven't had reject either, so it's partly good.

I must admit my comments tend to be negitive ones like 'You have flyinf for flying there.' I can never really think of much to say for a good description.