Dr. Paine

Description comments

Dinos wear shoes... clothing isn't all that unreasonable.

And for reference as to what is allowed, here is the approved description of my yellow dino, who is named Lumberjack. (mothy python references, they are everywhere on my scroll!)

Lumberjack is ok for a yellow dino. He has a steady job where he can sleep all night and work all day, which is quite enjoyable for him. However, he does have the strange habit of putting on women's clothing when he is left alone. It is believed he picked up this habit from a strange creature he met in the jungle, known as the "Monty's Python."

I also have a description that mentions that the dragon preforms rituals in which other dragons are burned to death. The rules are there, but they aren't super oppressive.

And to be more on topic...

Bravely bold Sir Robin

Flew forth from Dragon-Cave.

He was not afraid to die,

Oh brave Sir Robin.

He was not at all afraid

To be killed in nasty ways.

Brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Robin.

He was not in the least bit scared

To be mashed into a pulp.

Or to have his eyes gouged out,

And his antlers broken.

To have his kneecaps split

And his body burned away,

And his wings all hacked and mangled

Brave Sir Robin.

Accept: Brave brave brave Sir Robin! He buggered off, he ran away!

Reject: ?

Accept: nice!

Edited by TVTD

Says who? For all we know, currency and clothing is perfectly normal, maybe it's a special thing the clan/scroll community is widely known for, or maybe some dragons' scales don't do a good enough job at warming them in the winter, so they fashion leather garments from nearby livestock, or, if they DON'T need it, then sell them for said currency? Dragons are supposedly VERY smart creatures, they don't have to be modern and therefore break the canonical rules to be original.

...Or mayyybbeee I'm just overthinking this xd.png

I get comments like that all the time. Or things like "Mr. Burns is a modern reference" (disregarding the fact that the name of that chicken is Charles Montgomery Burns). My guess - some people don't flex their imagination and want others to restrict themselves as well. No big deal (for me, at least).

Edited by Rally Vincent

Comments:
  • Accept: I misread this as him hoarding pygmies xd.png (OMGLOBIN HEY HAWK)
(Thanks for the laugh, haha!)

I catches your R-rrreference!

Those books have my favorite concept of dragon hoarding ever.

So I sent my daydreams into the submission queue and Karen Berger:

Karen is an unusual Daydream dragon insofar as she seldomly sends out dreams of her own, instead she is rather practical considering her breed. As a consequence she spends a lot of her time making sure the other Daydreams eat enough and have everything that they need.

Her presence alone seems to inspire the other Daydreams to new heights, better and more elaborate visions and an overall bigger amount on dreams send out.

got:

Accept:

Accept: Oh, so Karen is a boosting turret? biggrin.gif GET MOAR DAYDREAM TURRETS. TOWER DEFENSE PLS.

Accept:

Karen Berger was the editor of Vertigo comics and as such partly responsible for the success of Neil Gaiman's Sandman, Alan Moore's Swamp Thing and Jamie Delano's Hellblazer comics - I never considered her a boosting turret blink.gif Made me giggle though laugh.gif

Edit:

Stan Lee

Stan Lee was the first Daydream ever to join Herk's clan. The dreams he sends to other dragons are uniquely colourful and filled with a feeling of thrilling adventure and fun. He spends hours and hours of spinning elaborate tales and often his dreams take place in the same continuity, so every time he sends someone a new dream it's like returning to a world one already knows and loves.

Stan loves to make appearances in the visions he sends out as well as in the visions of others and he has a great sense of self-irony and humour.

Got:

Accept:

Abstain: Can Daydreams send dreams? Unsure, so abstaining.

Accept:

Uhmm - did I read the breed description wrong ?- Goes to check

They spend the majority of their time sitting on clouds, dropping daydreams down into the minds of people passing by

Edit: Hi there commenter - sorry for using the wrong smily/giving the wrong impression - I wasn't upset, in fact I was glad that you commented and put thought into your abstain - even if you were mistaken. I DID check the breed description after all and didn't just assume *stupid person* I'm always grateful for people reading/commenting on my description so sorry if I came over as a jerk huh.gif

Edited by herk

Herk I love your daydreams!

And more on topic...

No one is actually sure how a chicken egg hatched in the network of caves that house the dragon clan Immonique, let alone how it survived to become an adult hen. Nevertheless Dinner, as the chicken was named as soon as she was noticed, somehow managed it, or at least if she had help no one has seen fit to mention it.

This chicken, being such an unusually skilled survivor, enjoys full membership of the dragon clan in honour of her great achievement. Dinner can usually be found in the company of N'crackers, the cheese dragon, as that enchanted piece of food would never eat her.

•Accept:

•Accept:

•Accept: AWESOME biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

So impressed by how happy I made that person

N'crackers is exactly what he looks like, an enchanted piece of food. As such he technically has no gender but he always claims to be male. He also claims that he was created in a far off land by a mighty wizard and that he flew around the world before dropping in to grace clan Immonique with his fabulous presence. Other members of the clan say that he hatched from an enchanted cheese egg with his ego at the ready.

N'crackers has a huge ego for a magical piece of cheese and if he wasn't so entertaining he might well have been toasted and eaten long ago. Luckily for him N'crackers is not only the master of egotism but also the master of exaggeration and occasional outright lying, a talent which allows him to talk almost anyone around to liking him, or at least tolerating him.

N'crackers is peculiarly attached to Dinner, the resident chicken of clan Immonique, and spends a great deal of time telling anyone who'll listen that he once arm wrestled a wyvern into submission to protect her.

•Accept: I am a mighty magician! Don't believe me? Let me see that cheese on your table...

•Accept:

•Accept:

That comment made me laugh, and made me wonder why anyone would enchant cheese anyway.

I wrote up this description for my second Holly.

Kaguya is a very polite and sweet dragon, if a bit distant and spacey. Sometimes, her reasoning doesn't really make sense to others, and she spends her nights gazing wistfully at the moon- except on the nights of the full moon, where she hides deep in the caves where she lives with her mate, Omoikane. There are rumors that she used to live on the moon, but that's impossible... as far as they know, anyways.

And got these two comments:

• Accept: I had a summer place on the moon. It was terrible.

• Accept: Course she can't live on the moon! Dragon's don't eat cheese!

I laughed so hard. These are both great.

Absol watches the skies carefully, monitoring them as closely as a mother watches her child. Each breath of wind means something to him, and even a slightest change in cloud density will cause him to delve into a fury of calculations, predicting what this small change will bring. He is endlessly on the lookout for danger, using his expert knowledge of weather patterns to discover the earliest signs of a storm, and will hurry to the area that will be affected, hoping the residents will learn to flee.  As an unfortunate consequence, Absol's presence has become entwined with disaster, many believing he brings it, instead of merely trying to warn. This distresses Absol, as it would any well-meaning dragon, but he bears his burden as he knows the lives he saves by forewarning danger are worth it, and that one day, they will find out the truth and be thankful.  Yet in his worst moments, Absol worries that "one day" will never come.

Accept: Absol <3 VERY nice connection.

Accept: Kinda like Absol- People think it brings disasters, but it only warns them... O_o You obviously named him that for a reason. Very nice desc. by the way.

Yay people got the reference! biggrin.gif

I got a good one on my purple dino Reject Troll

No one was more surprised than the dragons around her when Reject Troll's egg hatched into a purple dinosaur. To this day no one knows how her egg managed to mix in among the dragon eggs.

Always feeling awkward about being a dino among dragons Reject Troll grew up to be a resentful and bitter creature. To this day she approves of nothing that the dragons around her do. Her favourite thing to do is sneak up behind a dragon hard at work on something and roar 'REJECTED!' at them, often causing them to jump and ruin whatever they were working on. Luckily for her, Reject Troll can run and fly very fast, as well as hide quite well despite her purple colour.

The only creature Reject Troll approves of is the blue dinosaur Writer's Block. Together they cause havoc among the more creative dragons.

Accept: I am so tempted to reject this and get my own back tongue.gif

Let's hope that commenter doesn't get writer's block after encountering my blue dino's description.

I picked up a Purple egg with a cool code, tvBX9. When I managed to get Vidiot for his name, his story wrote itself. So far, there is one comment,

Fresh out of the egg, the hatchling asked to watch TV.  No one understood the request, not knowing what a TV was or why one should be watched, so the hatchling kept trying to explain 'TV' or 'Television' to anyone who would listen.  As the hatchling matured, the other dragons were annoyed, amused or fascinated with his strange stories about TV and the way it could show other times and places.  He was declared by some to be a visionary, and by others to be an idiot.  Unable to prove a TV's existence, he became known by all as Vidiot.

Accept: Did his egg travel in time and encounter a TV?

Of course, the answer is that no one knows. He may have a fantastic imagination, be an oracle of some type, or, as some suggest, an idiot. Of course, no one thought to save his egg shell to see if it was strangely roomy inside. lol!

You guys are so awesome laugh.gif

Verity Lambert (1st producer of Doctor Who) got:

Accept: Need more daydreams...

Accept: Blue box dreams FTW! wink.gif

Jill Thompson (comic book artist) got:

Accept: Yay I found one! Love these daydreams.

Alan Moore (writer of Watchmen, V-Vendetta, League of extraordinary Gentleman...) got -

Would he later go on to produce comic books?

And Stan Lee (the Man) got:

Accept: Herk, I seriously love the descriptions for these dragons. Real life translates to DC via comics.

And I thought to myself *But Stan Lee is Marvel not DC before realizing it meant Dragon Cave in this context xd.png

On a related note I hope the other commenter read my edit in my last post, since I don't know how to contact him/her otherwise.

Edited by herk

I catches your R-rrreference!

Those books have my favorite concept of dragon hoarding ever.

IKR? My favorite was Fenir's hoard of dogs. xd.png

I just found this:

Illiarid is a dragon of science, believing that everything can be proven experimentally. He will spend hours in his subterranean lair crouching over glass beakers full of chemicals, and his face is permanently stained olive green from one experiment that backfired. He is bound and determined to prove that magic does not exist and the Magis' powers are elaborate well-planned tricks. Illiarid has thought up theory after theory to discredit the Magis, but his numbers never add up. The other dragons have taken to calling him "Nerd," although no one is sure where the nickname came from.

Comments:

• Accept: xd.png no magic for you...
  • Accept:
  • Accept:
  • Accept:
Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

I used to write lots of descriptions, not so many anymore. However, when I went to check on a few recent ones, I found something odd.

There were the characters "Â Â " inserted where I had double spaces before. I resubmitted my descriptions without those characters, to clean up the descriptions.

Any idea why it would do that? The characters were not there when the descriptions were first reviewed by 1-2 people. I'm assuming it is some software bug but have no idea from whence it came.

DBravely bold Sir Robin

Flew forth from Dragon-Cave.

He was not afraid to die,

Oh brave Sir Robin.

He was not at all afraid

To be killed in nasty ways.

Brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Robin.

He was not in the least bit scared

To be mashed into a pulp.

Or to have his eyes gouged out,

And his antlers broken.

To have his kneecaps split

And his body burned away,

And his wings all hacked and mangled

Brave Sir Robin.

Accept: Brave brave brave Sir Robin! He buggered off, he ran away!

Reject: ?

Accept: nice!

So that was you!

I made the reject comment on your FactSphere. I don't have a problem with the first part, I found it very creative, but my problem with it was the last sentence: you said 'nobody' could argue against him correctly, without specifying why. If you said, 'nobody can correctly argue against the FactSphere, because he is always careful to use only correct facts,' or 'nobody can correctly argue against the FactSphere, at least anyone he knows,' I wouldn't have a problem with it, but just saying 'nobody can correctly argue against the FactSphere' is implying that your 'FactSphere' is some Logic God who can dominate and destroy anyone's debate in all of Dragcave and who is 'always correct'. This I find to be overpowered, because besides obviously no dragon (or any other being) being 'always correct', this is unfair to other describers who may want to make dragons who are very good at arguing with dragons who think they are always correct.

The description was short because I was trying to avoid pronouns. I didn't expect anyone to accept it because it was so strangely worded. laugh.gif

Accept: The Fact Sphere is the most intelligent sphere. The Fact Sphere is the most handsome sphere.

Descriptions have been giving the weird symbol for double spaces for quite a while now. I think I PM'd TJ about it way back when it was pointed out. I have no idea why it's doing this. I think to get them to completely go away, you have to switch to the single space, but I don't know that anyone has tried re-submitting with doubles spaces and had an approval yet.

Descriptions have been giving the weird symbol for double spaces for quite a while now. I think I PM'd TJ about it way back when it was pointed out. I have no idea why it's doing this. I think to get them to completely go away, you have to switch to the single space, but I don't know that anyone has tried re-submitting with doubles spaces and had an approval yet.

Thank you. I'll check them again in a little while and see if I have to (reluctantly, I assure you!) use the single spacing, or if the double spacing works after all.

Trapped in the paralysed corpse of a newly hatched vampire, life has done little for Fijido. The hours, weeks, months pile up over him with each second bringing a new horror to the shriveled soul. The tick of pain is all his undeveloped ears feel, as his constant heartbeat reinforces the eternity he must endure. Sometimes someone sits with him, talks to him, and tries to understand his pain and Fijido despises them with a passion. How dare they try to understand him when they had never suffered what he'd done. How dare they talk to him as an equal, when fate had played its cruel hand and condemned him to a life of dependence.  Were they trying to feel good  helping the poor suffering hatchling while manipulating the surrounding dragons to believe them to be a good person.  At first, he had plotted his revenge and how he would rip their head from their shoulders. Reality awakened his tortured dreams, he knew this would never be, and resigned himself to being fortune's fool.

Accept: Very good!

Accept:

Abstain: This is so sad!

Accept: Nice Description

Accept: Oh my god, I would reject this from sheer depression were it not so good.

Accept:

Accept: This is depressingly wonderful writing.

Hehe smile.gif

Not as eloquent, but

No one but knows why this dragon was named for two things to which it has no relation. It has no teeth, and it is nothing like a fish, but it likes to be called "Tooth Fishy". At night, it "freezes" into a statue of cheese, similar to what nocturne dragons do during the day. It can only hope that no one takes a bite when it's frozen, but fortunately, most creatures don't eat cheese.

Accept: Good, made me laugh

Accept: I would make a great fish :3

Accept: Good grammar, kinda of cheesey.

This dragon is a grammar nazi, and every time a dragon says something incorrectly or spells a word wrong, Names appears in a poof of smoke and says "HEY! THAT'S (insert problem here)! YOU NEED TO FIX THAT RIGHT NOW!!!!". One time, a dragon he appeared to refused to fix his grammatical error. No one knows what happened, but everyone knows that dragon was never the same again. Names is hated by many of the other dragons due to his annoying habit and obnoxiously loud voice. When no dragon is using incorrect grammar, he criticizes his father, because, surprise surprise, his name does not start with a capital letter. In the cave, Names is seen as a pest, but to himself, Names just wants to teach dragons to spell correctly.

Accept: This is clearly me as a dragon.

Reject:

LOL for Accept, Sadface for unexplained reject.

Yes, unexplained rejects are so annoying. I've recently been gifted with several unexplained rejects on my descriptions and I have no idea why.

Unexplained rejects made me decide to always explain when I reject, and normally I only reject things that aren't a description of the dragon. Usually if it's spelling and/or grammar problems I aprrove with a comment about what needs fixing. Is it weird to feel happy if I see the same description go by again with the suggested edits?

Nope it's not - I usually comment with a quick "Yay for speedy edits" in that case smile.gif

Accept: This is clearly me as a dragon.

Reject:

One time, a dragon he appeared to refused to fix his grammatical error.
This doesn't make sense, Dracoscar. huh.gif

Nope it's not - I usually comment with a quick "Yay for speedy edits" in that case smile.gif

I do that, too! smile.gif

Edited by Lagie

It does only the commas are weird (since I'm bad with them myself I can't help)

Should read: One time - a dragon Names (had) appeared to - refused to fix his grammatical error.

I just had this description Draco fixed the sentence nicely smile.gif

Edited by herk

I just chalk up rejects without comments to reject trolls, and forget about them.

I'm used to getting nothing but "Accept: " when I give my dragons descriptions. I have four going now. One has 10 blank accepts, two just have one. But one of my dragons actually got something!

Dashing, the self proclaimed Chocolate Prince, was a traveler by nature. He never spent too much time in one place. There was a wide expansive world to see, and many dragons to bring together! Though he was young, his matchmaking skills were a sight to behold! He once bragged that he had set up a Two Headed dragon with a Misfit Pygmy, though no one believed him.

One February he found himself nearby the Caves of Twilight, trying to bring a pair of Hellfire Wyverns together. He was unable to see if he had been successful. A giggle roused his attention and he spotted Doting Hopeful, a Guardian dragon, watching him. For the first time, he felt his own heart set itself aflutter. He stumbled to introduce himself, something he had chuckled about when he'd seen other males do the same. He quickly found himself unable to leave her side. Though he continued to pair other dragons together, he did so in the Caves of Twilight. Nothing would separate him from his one true love.

Accept: Two Headed and Misfit? I'd like to see the outcome. Maybe a two-headed misfit? Anyway, I like the description.

Accept: ....marry me? ;.;

Just saw the second one this morning. I laughed out loud. Almost choked on my water. xd.png