Dr. Paine

Description comments

WTF

RidgedDemon grew up with FlickedDemon, and is a master at refreeing games. Impartial and clear-headed, he is never biased towards any party, even his friends. He was entrusted with a silver whistle and a thick book of rules recording every game played in DracCave and quickly learnt the ropes. Now, the whistle hangs around his neck as he proudly refrees different games with his best friend.

Yet the comments are almost all rejected.

Reject: check your spelling

Reject:

Accept:

Reject:

It's all perfect spelling. Is there anything wrong with it? sad.gif

WTF

Reject:

Accept:

Reject:

It's all perfect spelling. Is there anything wrong with it? sad.gif

RidgedDemon grew up with FlickedDemon, and is a master at refreeing games. Impartial and clear-headed, he is never biased towards any party, even his friends. He was entrusted with a silver whistle and a thick book of rules recording every game played in DracCave and quickly learnt the ropes. Now, the whistle hangs around his neck as he proudly refrees different games with his best friend.

It should be referee and refereeing. (such a tiny mistake, no?)

WTF

Reject:

Accept:

Reject:

It's all perfect spelling. Is there anything wrong with it?  sad.gif

Hi Dracoon! I understand your frustration... but... here are the things I see...

RidgedDemon grew up with FlickedDemon, and is a master at refreeing >>> refereeing games. Impartial and clear-headed, he is never biased towards any party, even his friends. He was entrusted with a silver whistle and a thick book of rules recording every game played in DracCave"," and quickly learnt  >>> learned the ropes. Now, the whistle hangs around his neck as he proudly refrees >>> referees different games with his best friend.

I hope that makes sense, and maybe helps a bit! Lady A.

Edit: Although "learnt" is not technically incorrect - it is not the most appropriate version for use in your sentence. It is rather awkward, and makes the sentence feel sluggish. The only example I could find in a quick search for the word "learnt" was in an English - to - Spanish translation. You might be ok, though - usually the mods will make small adjustments, and for something like this, I think they would.

Edited by LadyAmlaruil2

B-B-But, that's learnt! Learned is used to describe a person! And refreeing=refereeing. Okay, that was a screw-up. Seriously, all rejects? That's just wrong.

I thought "learnt" was just the proper way of saying "learned". Like burnt, dreamt, etc.

Also, I love you two people, whoever you are.

As much as she adores her vibrant colours, Ezagunak Izena is constantly terrified of being killed... by trees. She has an irrational fear of trees, and an even more irrational stereotypical Scottish accent. If you ask why, she'll launch into a story about how her grandpapi was pillaging the village one day and then -- but she'll never finish, because she'll fall asleep during her own story. She spends all of her days holed up in her little cave, admiring herself and trying to remember what's happened to her during her life, as she does have a few memory problems.

Accept: I luffs this. <3 <--- PlNK seal of approval.

Accept: Lol! Irrational stereotypical Scottish accent! Luv it!

Accept:

@Zovesta: One of them was obviously me.

Seriously, that description was made of awesome.

N'tan is widely heralded as the resident beauty queen of the cave. With her sleek, black scales; bright, shining green eyes; and slender frame, she's quite desirable to the males in the cave. Unfortunately she has about as much personality as a rock. In fact, there are some rock with considerably more, not only brains, but also of interesting things to say, despite the fact they can't talk or think.

* Accept: haha lol I like it!!

Glad to be of amusement. :3

And I HAD to make a hyper-critical dragon...

Atrien who was born and raised solely by his mother (Due to his father being a bit of a Lothario), grew up to be a cynical, discontented soul. His mother was a bit "off in the head", always having breakfast in the dead middle of the night, and going out looking for "Sea cucumbers" on the mountainside. He used to complain to her constantly of her faults, and try to 'fix' her. None of his efforts succeeded, and this left him even more critical than before. He took it out on other dragons, trying to perfect them, but one by one, his friends left him.

Now, he spends his afternoons looking for sea cucumbers on the mountainsides with his mother, and snarking at the dirty claws of the other dragons that live in the cave.

* Accept:

* Accept: awwww, poor Atrien!!

Other than, despite having almost twenty something descriptions pending... well, I have nothing else of interest.

Turns out it's Thuban we want for description approval these days. S/He's always on the IRC, just go there when you've been waiting for too long.

All mine are now approved... except one, though neither was it rejected. One of my dragons is kind of a rape victim... or she would be if she were human and in the modern era. In times past, that would just be a loveless marriage, and in the animal world, it's hardly uncommon. Not sure if I should change it or just ask another mod to look it over.

Sorry, got caught up in writing resumes and cover letters and applying to jobs, but I got it.

Planning on going on a reviewing spree tomorrow. o3o

Sorry, got caught up in writing resumes and cover letters and applying to jobs, but I got it.

Yay!

biggrin.gif

Go Sock!

On the other hand, I need to go on a describing spree later today.

Zero Two, being the only Paper dragon amongst Emerald's dragons, often finds itself the subject of insults and ridicule. Due to this constant teasing, it slowly lost the ability to even feel happiness, meaning whenever a dragon is actually kind to it, it isn't effective at all. It believes that if it cannot be happy, no other dragons should be either.

Somehow - likely as a result of the torment it has to endure - it gained slight ability to control darkness orbs; with the help of this power it is constantly planning to take over, spreading as much darkness and misery throughout the cave as it possibly can.

Accept: Poor Zero Two getting no love, good description. m.h

Awwh...thanks, whoever wrote that <3

Zornin, who is one of Zalline's partners-in-crime when it comes to trouble around the cave, is generally quite quiet. He was abandoned at a very young age, and hence doesn't feel a great deal of confidence in public. Within his small group, he's very boisterous, but anywhere other than that, he won't make a peep.

* Accept: Nice description of both his personality and past happy.gif

* Accept:

Aw... Thanks. <3

This is my PARTAH face, otherwise known as PARTAH, has most unusual traits for a pebble. That is, he's excitable and fun. While most pebbles are busy being grumpy, sleepy, or even just plain spiteful, PARTAH is out with his friends (Usually ridgewings, pinks, or day glories) playing with them, being sociable, and in general things that would drive any other pebble absolutely mad. Whenever he returns to his horde, they always criticize him for being too noisy, or not grumpy enough.

* Accept:

* Accept:

* Accept:

* Reject: Partah is a female, and first person point of view is not allowed.

While I understand the gender issue (I mix up the gender on my pebbles and hatchlings all the time, since I don't bother giving them gender-specific names), the other part just strikes me as... Hmmm... confusing.

I mean, if they would have read the name, they would have seen that that "First person" usage in the first sentence is actually the full name of the dragon, used in the exact case. I know it won't make much of a difference, but still... if one person can make that mistake it's probably worth clarifying.

*Changes 'otherwise known' to 'nicknamed'*

Also, a first person point of view would be to say, "I am This is my Partah face, I have most unusual traits for a pebble." as opposed to what I did, correct?

Don't get me wrong here, I just wondering if I'm actually misinformed and missing something important usage that I wasn't aware of.

Edited by Pink

Aw... Thanks. <3

While I understand the gender issue (I mix up the gender on my pebbles and hatchlings all the time, since I don't bother giving them gender-specific names), the other part just strikes me as... Hmmm... confusing.

I mean, if they would have read the name, they would have seen that that "First person" usage in the first sentence is actually the full name of the dragon, used in the exact case. I know it won't make much of a difference, but still... if one person can make that mistake it's probably worth clarifying.

*Changes 'otherwise known' to 'nicknamed'*

Also, a first person point of view would be to say, "I am This is my Partah face, I have most unusual traits for a pebble." as opposed to what I did, correct?

Don't get me wrong here, I just wondering if I'm actually misinformed and missing something important usage that I wasn't aware of.

No, it's probably just someone who didn't bother actually reading the dragon's full name. Don't worry about it, you did nothing wrong. It's kinda obvious it isn't in first person. You use he/she. And if its ungendered then it really doesn't matter one lick if you call it a he she it or even a heshe if you feel so inclined now.

I would agree with you. How you put it is fine. Maybe you should capitalise each word - This Is My PARTAH Face - to make it clearer. Though personally, if my dragon's name wasn't capitalised, then I wouldn't write the description like that. It's a reviewer problem, not a description problem in my opinion.

For my Green Dragon Jozxyqk:

Jozxyqk is a bit of a...slow dragon. Something appears to have gone very wrong with his wiring. He is quick to anger, slow to calm down, and seems incapable of rational argument. The other dragons steer well clear of him, scared he will use Earthquake in a rage and kill some valuable eggs. His name is not so much what he thinks of as his name as what others call him. It comes from the only sound he makes with enough regularity to be considered a word (he actually can speak, but prefers to roar), and is said when someone, commonly himself, stands on his tail: "JOZXYQK!" He also has an inexplicable love of cats...

Accept:

Abstain: Errr, try to tell WHY he likes cats. It sounds odd without an explanation.

Inexplicable means can't be explained. The cat thing is also a subtle reference to the obscure joke I was making with his name. Do I really need to have an explanation for this? Because unless you get the joke, it doesn't matter. And actually there's no other reason for me mentioning cats at all.

The dragon Hooray No Spam Here, sometimes ironically known as Spam, spends its time cleaning up after all the other dragons. It strangely refers to litter as 'spam', and whenever it has cleared an area it proudly announces 'Hooray, no spam here!' This is where it's name came from, and also due to that it refers to any dragon that drops litter as a spammer.

What it absolutely hates is when dragons follow the lead of a dragon and bring lots of the same type of litter in, sort of in a chain. These dragons it often attempts to chase out of the cave for 'chain spamming'.

User Comments

* Accept: Haha well done xd.png

I made someone laugh 8D Whoever posted that, thanks!

User Comments

* Accept: Haha well done

I made someone laugh 8D Whoever posted that, thanks!

Ooh that was me. I liked the bit about chain spamming.

Parody always amuses me tongue.gif

No, it's probably just someone who didn't bother actually reading the dragon's full name. Don't worry about it, you did nothing wrong. It's kinda obvious it isn't in first person. You use he/she. And if its ungendered then it really doesn't matter one lick if you call it a he she it or even a heshe if you feel so inclined now.

I would agree with you. How you put it is fine. Maybe you should capitalise each word - This Is My PARTAH Face - to make it clearer. Though personally, if my dragon's name wasn't capitalised, then I wouldn't write the description like that. It's a reviewer problem, not a description problem in my opinion.

Yeah, I was about to say that maybe they weren't that acquainted with the actual meaning of "first person". I can capitalize the name, but in a way I'd rather not. I've made it pretty darn obvious already, with the 'nickname' part. If anyone mistakes it now, I'm going to put them down with the person who reviewed my "And the the dumb has spread" Canopy dragon because it would be rather ridiculous.

Thanks though. I appreciate the input from both of you.

I should probably go write a few more.

I completely neglected it yesterday, and I only have so long to catch up.

@_@

But then, maybe I shouldn't because my grammar sense has gone out to lunch tonight.

Oh well.

I KILL YOU is just your typical, kid-next-door zombie. He likes brains, he likes eating screaming people, and he very much likes you. Ignore the fact that it looks like some kid just stuck gum all over him. It's flesh. Rotting flesh. He sometimes cries because the other dragons have been saying he looks like he has gum all over him. Then he has to eat an adorable baby pink to make him feel better... Comfort food.  OM NOM.

I know I already posted this one, but I got a comment that makes no sense.

Help me decipher it?

*Reject: I think the colour is not so fit.Maybe black,dark-blue or little bright-blue stars on dark-grape-colour wings will be better.

I'm thinking this person may be foreign and missing the whole concept of descriptions? Are they commenting on the sprite?

This is confusing.

Edited by Pink

I hear you on the resumes and cover letters thing. Doing that still too.

As for the comments, only one of the four I described last week have any written comments. It was on my 2010 valentine hatchie, and it was a simple "Aww!" but it made me smile.

Yeah pink, it doesn't fit the description at all. I must admit, didn't comment on it before I don't believe, but I was the one who said does it make me a bad person if I LOLED. It's well done and kinda annoying that someone decided to go on the sprite instead of commenting on the des. I think the person must think that the sprites that get designed go there or something? Probly hasn't ever seen a zombie.

Anyways, was just looking through my holly ones and of course a few of the comments made me smile.

A rather majestic figure of power and grace, Reed is solemn and solitary. He slowly saunters around his territory, silent. His elegant mane flows down to the ankles of his front legs. His vivid striped hide glistens with... wait, is that eggnog! Yes, the prince of the forest, the real one not Bambi, sweats eggnog. This is the true reason Reed prefers to be alone. Several parts of his body have been transformed into sweets. His mane is actually white licorice and his tail is a candy cane.

The disaster of his candification comes from none other than Enac, surprise surprise. He was just trying to get more candy, but the spell hit Reed. Reed was forced to flee lest Enac decide to try to eat him.

Reed now lives more or less in exile. He has no intentions of letting Enac eat the parts of him that have been candified. It's a rather comical situation for such a noble dragon to find himself in, but Reed still manages to retain some dignity...just at greater distances.

Accept: Amazing idea- and 'sweating eggnog' is a nice touch.

Accept:

Accept:

Haha again, read his name backwards.

Shivana behaves as a child, doe-eyed and innocent. Shiv inspires protectiveness among even the most stoic. They don't want to see her corrupted in any way.

Here's the thing though: she already has been corrupted. Her behavior is an act; she's seen too much blood and pain. She intends no harm, only to keep hope alive in the clans. They've been lacking hope since the war with Creorluna began. Good dragons massacred; hatchlings kidnapped from their parents and turned against them. 

Shiv is a ray of light. The idea someone could be so wholesome in a world so messed up helps keep them willing to fight. For they want to create the world that Shiv believes in.

Possibly the most beautiful thing about Shiv, though, is her voice. She rarely sings, but whenever she does, it's always the same song. None of the clan's dragons are familiar with the language or the meaning behind it, but the lyrics speak truth untold. Of the day her family was slaughtered while she watched, hidden in the trees

Accept: Love it smile.gif

Accept: The semicolon after 'massacred' should be changed to a comma, as the phrases on either side are not full sentences. Other than that, wonderful description. ~

Accept: Interesting and deep story!

Accept: Very nice

!

The question is, if an over-sized Terrae hatchling took on a lawn mower, who would win.

The answer, naturally, is a very simple one, and this hatchling is nothing if not a testament to that. Luckily for him, there was a Magi on hand to try and fix him after this epic, if somewhat unbalanced, battle.

Unfortunately, the Magi was a bit of a ditz. The resurrection spell failed, and as a result, this little hatchling contracted a terrible obsession with brains. He was also left somewhat dead... He now roams the world, searching for brains and occasionally lawnmowers, because of his aspirations to one day extract his revenge on that cursed machine.

* Accept: Hilarious! I am getting the feeling that you have played Plants VS Zombies... ~Power_Of_Tri_Wisdom

Actually... no. I haven't.

Edited by Pink

My male frozen nebula hatchie

The real name of this dragon is Spore, but due to his reputation, he has forever been nicknamed "Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy", or H.H. for short. Since birth, this dragon was obsessed with the idea of "hitch-hiking around the galaxy", as he called it, by catching a ride on other Nebula dragons and flying into space, due to his small size. This is not the only reason H.H. is considered insane, however. For years now, he has been working on and memorizing some kind of a guide to the galaxy in his head, onlooking dragons often hearing him muttering "forty-two" repeatedly. Adult dragons have tried to approach him about this strange obsession, but he refuses to talk to any dragon unless they answer the "ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything". A dragon once inquired what the question was, and H.H. simply panicked, realizing he didn't have the question. H.H. now spends his days trying to figure out what the "ultimate question" is.

Accept: Haha, this is awesome!

Daw. Thanks to whoever wrote that. x3

Height: 16'2"

Weight: 645 lbs

Color: Red, blue-violet, and has a green hue with a white stomach. This particular dragon has looked upon the nebula Orion and has changed his color to the above mentioned colors. The colors are very distinctive and stand out but are quite light. That being said he is well seen if a dragon or another creature/human is in the area.

The white portion of Orion should be looked at with caution as if looked at directly it can and will cause eye damage or may leave anything blinded. The green hue along with the red and blue-violet are very beautiful to look at but a caution to anyone or anything that looks at Orion. Don't look at him for more than 20 minutes as it will put you under a trance and you won't be able to remove yourself from gazing upon him.

Orion has had other colors but the nebula has broken apart and he has changed to the above colors. He was at one time yellow, teal, and orange as well.

Accept: I like that this is so different from most descriptions.

Thanks

Comment on the description of my daydream "Dream of Electric Sheep"

Accept: This description made my day. m.h.

thanks m.h, your comment made my day wink.gif

Confused by the one I just got on Vember's description...

Vember was EXTREMELY hard to keep on the straight and narrow.  Even with Zeros help, Vember charged head first into the paths of many demons. He didn't really seem to care about how it affected his mother, whom had been down a similar path and found it hard to come back.

It didn't take him long to discover the pleasures of female company. When he met Ysiri, all she was to him was a good time. A very good time in fact. One that slowly engulfed his life and soul until she was the only female he thought of.

Then Ysiri was taken by Creorluna after a serious battle. Vember would have charged right into their camp and to his certain death trying to reach her if it hadn't been for his unconventional parents.

When she finally returned, she was much more disconnected. In fact, she loathed being anywhere near a male dragon, any male. In a fit of tearful confessions she revealed she had borne a son by Izdati's understudy, who promised to kill that him if she ever betrayed him.

•Abstain: umm.......alright.....?

•Accept:

It's making me itch trying to figure out why they abstained.

For "The Littlest Zombie" (One posted at the top of this page, I think).

* Abstain: Just edit 'lawnmowers,' considering that DragonCave is supposed to be set in 'cave times...' no clue what kind of time that is, though, *snorts*, sounds sort of stupid. Do they mean medieval? Anyway.

* Abstain: Overall, it sounds awesome... but I don't think we're supposed to have lawn mowers. sad.gif

It's not like lawn mowers were invented yesterday. I think lawns have been around since the 1700s or so, and they had to have some way of keeping them.

I didn't mention anything electrical, just that it was sharp and a kind of machine.

I'm not going to bother changing it right now, as I'm curious about this.

I don't think I went TOO far out of the time range (no further, at least, then if I had mentioned tin cans, matches, barbed wire, a bicycle, or plastic) , but I'm interested to see just how strict they are on this point.

Edited by Pink

Confused by the one I just got on Vember's description...

Vember was EXTREMELY hard to keep on the straight and narrow.  Even with Zeros help, Vember charged head first into the paths of many demons. He didn't really seem to care about how it affected his mother, whom had been down a similar path and found it hard to come back.

It didn't take him long to discover the pleasures of female company. When he met Ysiri, all she was to him was a good time. A very good time in fact. One that slowly engulfed his life and soul until she was the only female he thought of.

Then Ysiri was taken by Creorluna after a serious battle. Vember would have charged right into their camp and to his certain death trying to reach her if it hadn't been for his unconventional parents.

When she finally returned, she was much more disconnected. In fact, she loathed being anywhere near a male dragon, any male. In a fit of tearful confessions she revealed she had borne a son by Izdati's understudy, who promised to kill that him if she ever betrayed him.

It's making me itch trying to figure out why they abstained.

I see a few errors:

Vember was EXTREMELY hard to keep on the straight and narrow.  Even with Zero's help, Vember charged head first into the paths of many demons. He didn't really seem to care about how it affected his mother, who had been down a similar path and found it hard to come back.

When she finally returned, she was much more disconnected. In fact, she loathed being anywhere near a male dragon, any male. In a fit of tearful confessions she revealed she had borne a son by Izdati's understudy, who promised to kill that son if she ever betrayed him.