LoveLost

Pern: A World of Dragonriders and Dragons

Feyth made a snort of laughter as a confused expression came over T'lom. "She heard you, didn't she?" T'lom asked as he glanced at Soria and K'leb. You bet she did! Should I tell her? T'lom shrugged. It's your choice. You're the one that she heard. It's not my problem now.

Alright. Soria, T'lom and I, well mainly me, find it silly that you and K'leb are always together and all that wonderful stuff. Everybody knows, and it's funny how shy you are about it.

Edited by BlueApollo

Soria blinked at Feyth in startlement. She rather thought she had been fairly foreward. Atisith snickered at her rider. Six months of Weyr-life and Soria still thought in terms of Hold-life. Granted Soria had been bold in terms of her sense of Decorum, but for those raised in the Weyr it was amusing at how quiet the young woman was. You think it's bad from there, try being in my place. I've been telling her to just kiss him for months. Her reply: it'd be rude.

Atisith! Soria's hand flew to her mouth and her eyes widen at Atisith before shooting to K'leb. She just knew K'leb would hear with her luck. Ananke chittered with laughter at Soria with Atisith. Soria shook her head.I suppose I'm not as foreward as most, but I'm not even certain he wants to kiss me. Did either of you take that in to account?

Atisith's only response was laughter to match Hethath's.

Neith stayed in the air after the others landed. The striped queen circled, testing her endurance. When she did land next to the laughing Atisith, she did so with practiced grace. You've been practicing, haven't you? We've been able to fly for a while now. It was just a matter of getting old enough to carry a passenger without doing ourselves damage. Cleo slid down to the ground and hugged Neith's neck. The dragon's head came down to hug her rider back. "We still need straps. And you'll have to make do with generic straps until you reach full size." The queenrider turned to look at the rest of the Weyrlings. "Why are Hethath and Atisith laughing?" she asked, blinking. Neith only snorted.

"Apparently, I'm not bold enough in my flirting with K'leb and I'm shy accorrding to Feyth. Oh, and Atisith finds the idea that K'leb might not want to kiss me hilarious. And of course, Atisith and Feyth mention this right were K'leb can hear them." Soria sighed and shook her head at her laughing Atisith. She was not looking forward to K'leb's reaction to what Atisith and Feyth had said. Soria thought idly if she should ask the ground to swallow her or if she should just make a run for it now. Instead, she watched as Atisith's laughter renewed it's self and her fire lizards joined in with the dragon. "And apparently the my little ones find me funny, too."

(i cant post right now but i will in a little, sorry sad.gif )

Cleo could only shrug and say, "Fire-lizards find a lot of things funny. Riding an oscillating dragon's tail, for example." She reached out an arm for Osiris to perch on, and drew him close to her chest so she could pet him with her other hand. Then she walked over to Soria to stand companionably with her friend and watch K'leb's response. There was only so much she could read from low level human emotions. People tended to have far too many layers of emotion, several conflicting with each other, with a great deal of rationalization added into the mix. Strong, immediate emotions were easy. And physical pain. But love, especially when the person wasn't actively thinking about it, was extremely hard for Cleo to sift out.

"Yeah, I do need to offer Isis my thanks for teaching Ananke and Amphitere how to do that." Soria looked at everyone but K'leb. She shifted from one foot to the other in her nervousness. "Atisith loves playing with them when she's not eating or laughing at me."

((This seems to have gotten buried in the depths.))

Cleo smiled at Soria. "I'm sure she was glad to teach it. Anyway, I really should get back to my weyr, and get her settled down someplace other than my neck." The young weyrwoman started off, calling her striped queen to her. When Neith was striding along at her shoulder, Cleo said Now don't try to fly me up to the weyr. You shouldn't strain yourself like that. A small chuckle escaped the dragon, Of course not, Cleo. I'll walk like a good little dragonet. She tried to radiate innocense, but Cleo wasn't buying, and she snorted.

Soria giggled from a combination of nerves and in amusment. She shifted Astraios to one and used her free hand to pet the blue's side. Soria shifted from foot to foot as she watched Cleo walk away, Maybe he won't be upset. Right?

Ezran had Jubilath land behind Feyth since she was in T'lom's flight and the others were already dispersing. She tried to stifle a laugh when he started shouting about K'leb and Soria, but she had to agree with him. It was getting old. Still, she had a question for him since he was their flight leader and would be when their dragons were older. "Hey, T'lom! I have a question for you." she said flipping her now shorter braid, although still as thick, out of her exotically tanned face.

K'leb finally straightened up and tried to look at Soria without glaring at Atisith and Hethath and then even the one rider that he trusted with his life. "Things just became a little out of sorts. Its the price you pay for not having trousers the right size."

This comment only set Hethath into more roars of laughter that seemed to be contagious amongst the dragons as he shared his rider's story. But the thing that he was laughing about the most was Atisith and Feyth's comments. See K'leb? I told you! I TOLD YOU!!! came his dragons reply as he finally crawled to his feet, his ribs in to much pain to laugh anymore. Feyth, Atisith, tell the man wont you that he is moving far to slow. It will take him many Passes of he goes on this way. He said sitting between Feyth and Atisith with eyes whirling a merry blue.

K'leb looked at Atisith with an awed face when he caught what she had said amongst the other dragon chatter. He blushed a deep red and turned to the dragons, T'lom and Ezran trying to find someone who would not laugh at him. "Soria, I wouldn't be angry with you." he said then asked Atisith to tell Soria something for him. I just haven't had the time to while everyone is always watching us. He said to her hoping that Atisith would relay it and slipped his hand into hers.

In the background, Zee was there sitting alone as she always had patting the head of her dear Henath and watching the youngsters. her heart ached for the mate that she had lost during thread and Henath hadn't risen since then because there was no hope for her now that all the blues seemed to be so small. Zee dried her eyes and then wiped a tear from her loved one's eye while they walked to their weyr.

((i have been reading up on my dragonriders and once Mirrim Impressed, female green riders became increasingly common! Some examples; Conna, Sarty, Robina and more!))

Somewhere on the other side of Pern more than likely in the High Reaches area...

Heedana dove into the water trying to calm the burning passion that welled up within her as her dragon ate beyond her bursting point and took to the air just begging for a mate. All that was within her was desire and emotion that came from the base desires of her dragon. Up and up and up she felt Tilleth fly her passion growing stronger and stronger and stronger. But there was no male. Heedana could feel her dragons sorrow and anger as she landed near the river knowing that she wouldn't talk to her for a moment, or she might barrage her mind with anger. With a slight push up from the rocky bed, Heedana popped her head above the water to come face to face with a very angry looking dragon. Tilleth's eyes were whirling swiftly with a bright red color to them. HOW DARE YOU! I cannot believe that you deprive me and the Weyrs of Pern their right!! She screamed each angry sentence making it's point with a loud roar.

T'lom and Feyth both continued to laugh at K'leb. Couldn't he at least be brave? Hethath is right, K'leb. You're moving waay too slow. Feyth chuckled. He was nearly on the verge of rolling over with laughter. T'lom instantly stopped when Ezran came up to him, though. A question?

"Well, what is it?" T'lom said. Maybe it had something to do with their flight. He hadn't been able to see everyone, and maybe she had noticed something he missed.

Edited by BlueApollo

When Cleo got to her apartment, she carefully unwound Isis from about her neck, and settled the gold fire-lizard in the small sandpit that served as her bed. Isis curled around and dug into the sand that was heated from below by a few coals from Cleo's fireplace. Cleo and Osiris then walked into the weyr, and started to oil Neith's hide. The rythmic motions allowed Cleo to relax almost as much as her dragon. The young queenrider allowed her empathic sense to expand, looking for the kind of frustration and rage a queen would feel if deprived of a mate. Sadly, her range was no further than just beyond Benden Hold. Cleo shook her head. If Heedana had been hiding that close, she'd have been found long ago.

Ezran, for once, seemed slightly timid. "The back right of the flight seemed a little off. I don't know if it was our first flight or not, but did that weyrling seem off?" To be honest, many of them were off. She was at the far back and it was good that she was in that spot so she could watch and learn far better. She asked him unsure if she had overstepped any boundaries of the young man that would be her flight leader in the future. She tapped her leg with her riding gloves out of nervousness and pushed back a straggling piece of hair from her face. Geez Ezran...I have NEVER seen you act like that. Jubilath turned her slightly ungainly green head to her brothers, Feyth and Hethath. Have you two?

Hethath bumped into his brother and then laughed again and started to laugh harder. Gosh brother, you nail that every time don't you? I tell him all the time and now...

Hethath's voice was caught in his throat as he watched his rider pull the young Soria into his embrace and kiss her gently on the lips...at first and then kissed her with a slight bit of passion. His mouth dropped open then he covered his eyes with his wing while still getting an impression of what was going on in his rider's mind

Etanor chattered and conversed with Soria's firelizards and was surprised when a green Huzah and Tricky popped into the air above him. All three whirled up into the sky happily as they relished the reunion. It was to fast for the others to see for soon they were gone.

"He did seem a bit off....but so did some of the others. Thanks for noticing, though. I can tell that theoretical flying isn't the same as actually doing it, and I bet a few more flights will bring everyone to much sharper movements," T'lom said. He glanced at Feyth when he noticed Jublith looking at his dragon. He could tell she must have said something, for Feyth hesisated for a moment before saying No, I haven't. He was so caught up in wondering what just happened that he failed to noticed K'leb and Soria. He did see Feyth wince slightly before looking away from the couple. T'lom decided he really didn't want to know what was going on in that direction and turned back to Ezran.

Isis finished wallowing in her sandpit, and flew over to her human friend and her royal cousin. The little queen fetched an oil soaked rag and joined in oiling the great dragon. Neith was already ten times Isis's length, and due to get longer (as well as larger in general), maybe even up to about twenty times the length of the fire-lizard queen. Cleo caught some of the rising passion from K'leb and Soria, and could only smile. It was about time they did something about that. Not that you can talk that much. You're clueless more often than not when it applies to you. True, Cleo conceeded to her dragon.

Edited by Ramoth

Ezran nodded curtly. She was obviously proud that she had made that distinction and it wasn't just her. "That was really all. But I think, like you said, that another few flights, with F'nor's help and guidance, we will be the best flight out of all of them." she said with a wide and white smile.

Jubilath grimaced slightly and rumbled her approval of both humans. She has been acting odd lately....probably those human hormones. She said not really concealing her thoughts to her rider but opening them to Feyth and T'lom since Hethath was distracted.

Ezran turned to her dragon her face red with anger. "Jubilath!" she said threateningly. But she decided against saying anything more for fear she would make a fool of herself. Jubilath stood on her hind legs her wings outstretched and put her forefeet up as if to say. "Geez, I'm sorry alright?"

HIGH REACHES

Heedana swam to the other side of the river to get out without any fear of being mauled by her dragon as her passions made her brutal and primitive. "I'm sorry love....I just can't" she said and tears mingled with the water from the river that dripped from her auburn hair. Tilleth was soon calm and walked over to her rider and crooned softly. I am sorry for losing my temper at you Heedana. Can you forgive a hormonal dragon? Heedana looked up at her dragon and threw her arms around the massive head and stroked her beloveds eyeridges. "You will always be forgiven Tilleth."

((Sorry for being gone, for a while.))

Atisith blinked as she was pulled from her laughter by Soria's gasp of shock. When the golden dragon looked to her rider she snickered. I did try to tell her that he wanted to kiss her.

Soria had froze the moment she felt K'leb's lips on hers. It took a moment for her mind to inform that she was not dreaming. She did have enough thought to allow Astraios to slip free from her arm before she melted against K'leb. Her hands slid to K'leb's shoulders as she returned the kiss, letting K'leb know that in her own fashion how happy she was. If I'm dreaming and you wake me up, I'll scream, Atsith.

K'leb smiled through the kiss and moved his hands down to her waist and held her firmly against him. he pulled back slightly and looked her in the eyes. "Are you angry with me?" he asked her gently as he gently pushed a small lock of hair back from her face with his fingertips.

Hethath rolled his eyes and sat by Atisith. You know, it's odd how they think they would be mad at each other. he said looking only an inch up to his friend.

Soria smiled at K'leb. Instead of speaking at first, Soria kissed K'leb chastly and pulled back with a shy smile. She spoke with a pleased tone coating her words. "I doubt I could actually be mad at you. Especially not for this."

Atisith gave a snickering agreement. The queen felt, both, smug and happy for her rider. Yes, but if they didn't worry, it wouldn't be quite so amusingly cute. Right?

Edited by Mijikoi

K'leb laughed and happily pulled her back into another warm embrace and smooth kiss. His heart calmed a little bit but the adrenaline still rushed through his body as he held her against him gently, yet firmly.

Hethath inclined his head and sniffed slightly at the air the shook his head slightly. You're right there...although this is becoming sickeningly sweet...sorry, but it is to me dear Atisith. He said kindly with a light laugh.

I agree, but I figure they deserve the happiness. Atisith watched fondly as her rider wrapped slender arms about K'leb's shoulders. Soria was all to happy to return the kiss and was unaware of her fire lizards dancing in the air as a reflection of her joy. Ananke was the only one who didn't join her friend's instead choosing to use Atisith's swaying tail as a swing. Besides, sickeningly sweet is better then the moping Soria was doing. Edited by Mijikoi

Hethath grumbled slightly and layed down to rest his wings slightly since thy were slightly tired. Why do you have to be right? He said turning to her his eyes whirling greenish blue with flecks of purple and red showing his admiration of Atisith's kindness and slight irritation at her being correct all the time.

K'leb settled his arms even more firmly around Soria's waist and turned his head just so so that they could kiss without injuring their necks.

Atisith snickered at Hethath and Ananke. Lucky, I guess. Least, that's what Soria says. Well, that and you didn't have to listen to her mope. You do know she was starting to think he only liked her in a platonic sense?

Soria hummed happily into the kiss, before pulling back with a blush. Enboldened by the kisses she'd shared with K'leb, Soria gave him a look of mixed shyness and mischieviousness as she asked him a question. "So, may I know what I did that caused you to kiss me. That way I can do it often and repeatedly?

Edited by Mijikoi

Hethath snickered slightly and hummed happily for a moment. He did. He was trying to keep from doing anything irrational and offensive, but oh well. he said while looking at Atisith our of the corner of his eye to see how she would react.

K'leb smiled and thought for a moment and rolled his shoulders slightly as he did. "Well, just being you...then when you do that nervous, shy look. I love that. Then when you are studying or oiling Atisith...or right in the morning when you think your hair is a mess." he said smiling. He was usually able to see her in the morning since they lived right across from each other.

Atisith gave Hethath a curious glance. On her tail, Ananke gave an indignant sound as the small queen slid around Atisith's tail. Ananke clung to the underside of Atisith's tail while the dragon's tail continued to sway. I highly doubt Soria would have found it offensive. Then again she still holds on to some of her Hold ways.

Soria's blush deepened at K'leb's words. She chewed on her lower lip as she thought of how to respond to him. In the end, she smiled at him. "I suppose that means I should listen to Hethath and Atisith more often then, huh?"