mishii

The Dragonriders of Pern Lineage!

Non-Canon Weyrs?  

216 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Do we just pick a Weyr to join?

I have three sunsong queens set aside for this, if im allowed to breed. ;3

I could supply an egg from Telgar if you want changeling007. We all simply picked our weyrs on our own. If you want an egg from a specific weyr, fill out the form and whoever is Weyr leader or has a queen from that weyr will drop you an egg.

Do we just pick a Weyr to join?

I have three sunsong queens set aside for this, if im allowed to breed. ;3

Hi, I can breed you a Honshu Weyr Hold Bronze from one of my queens for your queens, if you'd like... just PM me if you want one smile.gif

CRAP!!!

I just accidentally inbred an egg. Now I don't know what to do...

Should I kill the egg, or freeze it when it hatches?

sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

That's alright! it happens!

Personally, I don't mind if you boot it to the AP, vamp it, or freeze it when it hatches.

I also don't mind if people inbreed their Pern dragons on purpose, seeing as how logically, there is inbreeding in the books (at least as far as I could tell....)

I'm not a fan of inbreeding generally, so I won't be doing it, but if you want to make perfect checkers or whatever, go ahead!

I only mind if it was something I bred, but that isn't the case here. tongue.gif

sorry about the MIA - school kicked my butt. Summer classes can do that. And I got a new job at Office Depot, so things are a little crazy with very little down time. Once I get the semester settled out, I'll update, but I have the info I need now. biggrin.gif

Work schedule has sort of stabilized now, so hooray!

I've gotten NO EGGS from any of my queens recently. Even with Fertility. What is up with that? D: I wish I had more to offer!

Work schedule has sort of stabilized now, so hooray!

I've gotten NO EGGS from any of my queens recently. Even with Fertility. What is up with that? D: I wish I had more to offer!

Me too!!! Tried every one of my queens yesterday and every one got a "no interest" or a "no egg produced" sad.gif I'm beginning to wonder if "Fertility" actually helps... Been working on my Fire-lizards, though, and they and my Watchwhers seem to be more productive... If anyone wants an egg from any of those types, let me know smile.gif

Thought I'd give you the newest update on the Honshu breeding grounds...

While on general patrol (w/o rider) one of our Green males, Telorth (Terrae), came across a strange FEMALE Blue... she was getting ready to take flight and he of course, being male and curious... took off after her... long story short, Honshu now has a pretty Green egg in the warming sands that the Blue mother abandoned... guess she doesn't want to be part of the Weyr... If any enterprising weyrling from another hold or weyr would like to take on the care and feeding of this orphan, please do... Telorth is grieving the loss of his beautiful Blue Lady and we here at the hold are afraid he might kill the dragonet upon hatching just to remove the reminder sad.gif

Adopt this egg! Gone... UPDATE:

When no weyrling stepped up to claim the orphan egg, then mother (who was lurking in the cliffs after all) flew down and snatched the little egg and deposited in an obscure hold run by someone named Nervenklinik... at least it will now be taken care of properly (Nervenklinik claimed said egg and will add it to a project currently run by them).

Edited by Ldyfsh

I still dont really understand how breeding works, but i have a feeling only weyrleaders can breed officially.

Either way, A beautiful queen dragon of unknown origins left this in my whersands today... silly dragon, thats for my whers.

Unclaimed, the little bronze grows up to think he is a large Wher... oh dear.

OH and, banner anyone?

user posted image

[URL=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=79904&st=0][IMG=http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh292/changeling007/DC/pernbanner.png][/URL]

Edited by changeling007

Ugh my summer classes. And my job. I have so little time for anything! THANK GOD IM DONE ON WEDNESDAY.

Then fall semester starts, but I'll have more time off to do stuff since it's stretched over months and not weeks xd.png

- the moonstones could both be included for blue

- the sunstones could be included for bronze or brown, depending on majority feelings

-i'll get to reading teh last page or two that ive missed recently in a little bit. Gotta finish my research paper first. X_x

Still not having any luck getting any gold eggs out of my pairs but I have had abit more luck producing Bronze Tinsels. I plan to gift some tinsels to the people in the Tinsel gifting thread but I will also be offering some Tinsels up for adoption here in this thread for anyone wanting them for this lineage.

Still not having any luck getting any gold eggs out of my pairs but I have had abit more luck producing Bronze Tinsels. I plan to gift some tinsels to the people in the Tinsel gifting thread but I will also be offering some Tinsels up for adoption here in this thread for anyone wanting them for this lineage.

That would be amazing. Bronze Tinsels would be perfect for Bronzes, of course xd.png

Thank you very much for your generous offer happy.gif Would you like anything in return for your gifts, if you end up with any?

I haven't had much luck with my golds either, even with fertility. /sigh.

I'll be breeding them again in a day or two, depending on how stubborn some of my eggs are to hatch. xd.png

Still not having any luck getting any gold eggs out of my pairs but I have had abit more luck producing Bronze Tinsels. I plan to gift some tinsels to the people in the Tinsel gifting thread but I will also be offering  some Tinsels up for adoption here in this thread for anyone wanting them for this lineage.

I would love to adopt a Bronze baby for my Honshu Weyr Hold, have 1 un-attached Jr. Queen who would make a great mate for any Bronze Tinsel you might have "floating" around smile.gif

UPDATE -- Thank you, Dreamer!!!! Got this cute little Bronze warming in the Honshu breeding sands... The egg just showed up in the sands, and if it does indeed end up being a Bronze male warrior... I'll see if he is up to catching my un-attached Jr. Queen, Mirath of Pern smile.gif Maybe I'll have some new little Bronzes to gift out ***crosses fingers for success***

Edited by Ldyfsh

I would love to adopt a Bronze baby for my Honshu Weyr Hold, have 1 un-attached Jr. Queen who would make a great mate for any Bronze Tinsel you might have "floating" around smile.gif

UPDATE -- Thank you, Dreamer!!!! Got this cute little Bronze warming in the Honshu breeding sands... The egg just showed up in the sands, and if it does indeed end up being a Bronze male warrior... I'll see if he is up to catching my un-attached Jr. Queen, Mirath of Pern smile.gif Maybe I'll have some new little Bronzes to gift out ***crosses fingers for success***

That's amazing! Congrats!

I'd gladly accept a little bronze baby as well. I have a few unnattached Jr queens who haven't liked any of their mates yet. D:

Also:

I have a little bronze/queen up for grabs!

Claim my eggs/hatchlings!

One egg out of 3 breedings. :/

We're not really sure where this came from, but while out on search, Igoroth and his rider found an abandoned bronze egg! This egg has since bee taken in by Roselewth and is approaching its hatch day. Right now it is the only egg on the sands, and the riders are out and Searching for candidates for the egg. They do not plan on giving this one to another weyr though, its staying on as a Telgar dragon.

I would also be itnerested in adopting a Bronze as a potential mate for my queens.

Edited by EragonSaphiraRider

That's amazing! Congrats!

I'd gladly accept a little bronze baby as well. I have a few unnattached Jr queens who haven't liked any of their mates yet. D:

Also:

I have a little bronze/queen up for grabs!

Claim my eggs/hatchlings!

One egg out of 3 breedings. :/

Got it!!!! Thought I'd add some new blood and hopefully a new Bronze warrior to Honshu's Thread Fighters smile.gif

I absolutely love the Pern series, though I must admit I prefer Anne's books to Todd's unsure.gif . Could I be put on the waiting list for a junior queen egg please?

I would like to request an egg!

Weyr: Benden

Pair: Elemental Zireth of Pern x MUAD-DIB or Kimalanth of Pern x Ranilth of Pern

Intend to freeze: No, definitely not. I very rarely freeze anything.

Thanks so much smile.gif

Zireth actually was ready to rise this morning, but Benden's Weyrleader had more pressing matters to attend than her proddy Queen. (ex: I had to go to class for my final lol).

But, perhaps denying her the mating flight for a few hours was good, as she was fertile and produced a bronze!

2nd gen Bronze (hellfire)

It's not a queen, but you're more than welcome to it anyway, Jingle! I'll be happy to donate a queen to your wings when I breed another one!

Enter my Hatching Sands

also, congrats Ldyfsh! Enjoy the little darling, may /he/ grow up strong!

Has anyone heard from Fort, Ista and Honshu Weyr's? I've been waitign forever for a queen egg from them, thats all... I really need that replacement...

Question... do tinsel's breed with golds?

Has anyone heard from Fort, Ista and Honshu Weyr's? I've been waitign forever for a queen egg from them, thats all... I really need that replacement...

Have you tried PM'ing them?

Also, tinsels will breed with golds, but it's a rare x rare, so it might take a long time to get any offspring.

My Queens have been VERY stingy with the Gold eggs, but will try again this evening and if I get one I'll PM you a Teleport site smile.gif Oh, and about Tinsels and Gold... will find out in about 4 days when my Bronze Tinsel matures and I try to mate him with one of my unattached queens... **keeping fingers crossed***

UPDATE: Well, my Gold Queens (actual golds) took to the air just now and out of 3 flights, only got 1 Bronze egg (a Hellfire). The 1 bronze egg is now warming in the sands of Honshu and search for a weyrling to impress it has begun thru out all the Pern weyrs... If you have a weyrling that wants to impress this baby, don't hesitate to adopt it into your weyr or hold... My 2 other Gold queens (Sunsongs) will take flight sometime tonight smile.gif

Enter my Hatching Sands!

Edited by Ldyfsh

Zireth actually was ready to rise this morning, but Benden's Weyrleader had more pressing matters to attend than her proddy Queen. (ex: I had to go to class for my final lol).

But, perhaps denying her the mating flight for a few hours was good, as she was fertile and produced a bronze!

2nd gen Bronze (hellfire)

It's not a queen, but you're more than welcome to it anyway, Jingle! I'll be happy to donate a queen to your wings when I breed another one!

Enter my Hatching Sands

also, congrats Ldyfsh! Enjoy the little darling, may /he/ grow up strong!

Thanks Mishii smile.gif I got the egg, now to influence it! I would be able to breed to a CB Sunsong, but am I right in thinking that's not allowed? It has to be a queen from another Weyr?

Thanks Mishii smile.gif I got the egg, now to influence it! I would be able to breed to a CB Sunsong, but am I right in thinking that's not allowed? It has to be a queen from another Weyr?

Some of us have had our Weyr-bred dragons have mating flights with "wild" dragons (so queens and others not from a Weyr), if you wanted to do that.

You could even go slightly non-canon and breed it to a green.

Just let us know if offspring are following a non-canon line. And feel free to roleplay the matings or eggs in the sands and whatnot. happy.gif

The rules are a bit in limbo, but this is really just a fun way to express our Pern love.

The only real requirements I have at the moment are to at least follow the color/breed listing, and have some variation of "of Pern" "Pern's" or "*Weyr's*____

" or something similar, and have the dragon's main name end with "th" like in the books (Ramoth, Ruth, Orlith, Faranth, etc)

We're a small group, so we've basically been trading eggs back and forth when we've gotten lucky.

I'll get the front page redone soon. I've just been busy. It definitely needs an overhaul xd.png

Well, my Gold Queens (actual golds) took to the air just now and out of 3 flights, only got 1 Bronze egg (a Hellfire). The 1 bronze egg is now warming in the sands of Honshu and search for a weyrling to impress it has begun thru out all the Pern weyrs... If you have a weyrling that wants to impress this baby, don't hesitate to adopt it into your weyr or hold... My 2 other Gold queens (Sunsongs) will take flight sometime tonight smile.gif

Enter my Hatching Sands!

Bumping... will keep this baby for another couple of hrs and if no weyr claims it, I'll let some obscure hold take it... smile.gif

I already have a name for my (eventual) Queen! It's from a film I loved as a kid, and the name has stuck with me because I thought it was beautiful. It's easily Pernified too, and doesn't sound that different.

Ldyfsh, if you can't find a home for the Bronze I could always offer it a home, if you think it won't mind a Queen-less weyr for a while. If they get too, eager shall we say, then there could be a CB Gold or Sunsong flight arranged laugh.gif Though the chances of any babies from the Golds is practically zero.