dracoon

Illogical Stuff in DC

There is a set of human conjoined twins that appear to be one human with two heads, and they manage to run around and do things just fine despite each controlling one arm and one leg. It could be intelligence or it could be experience (a lot of those two headed snakes die within weeks before learning how to hunt together). Presumably a breed of intelligent dragon that always has two heads is better at coordinating. Dragons have telepathy so presumably they have an advanced internal form of that.

This makes sense, especially the telepathy thing. Also, I've read somewhere about experiments where they cut the corpus callosum of humans and each half thought of its own. So something similar to the two-headed situation. I don't remember, what happened then to them, though, if they learnt to live with it and coordinate.

Still I found it an amusing thought the two-headed dragons could have only half a brain xd.png

I just incubated a Cheese egg and thought to myself: "Wouldn't this actually melt if I warmed it?"

The incubator I use for rl chicken eggs does not get warm enough to melt cheese, so I assume the dragon incubating process won't melt cheese, either. xd.png

ETA a missing s. Need more coffee! rolleyes.gif

Edited by dragongrrl

Leetle trees. Where do they grow, and how do you pick them up if they are rooted to the ground?

Paper dragons. They are close to reds on a scroll, so why don't they ever go up in flames?

Time in general. How do we know when an egg was laid and when it would die, and how would that be visible on an abandoned egg page?

The fact we can actually steal dragon eggs while guardian dragons are listed as extremely common, shouldn't the momma dragon on the guardian be able to keep us away?

...So how does it work with dragons with two heads, for example the Duotones, where every head controls only one part of the body? Does every head have only a half of a brain?

Two heads are better than one? :-)

I've seen 3 paper eggs in the Volcano biome now. I managed to snag one for myself then had a thought. How are they here? How come they didn't burn up with all these firey dragons around? *shakes head*

Good question let me try to come up with an answer..umm...i can't think of anything. xd.png

Maybe because vampires are less commonly known as Schrodinger's dragons xd.png

Leetle trees are cuter than baby dragons? How?

Hitting refresh on the AP means what exactly? We blink and suddenly there are different eggs there?

Breeding: "Oh hai Miss Gold Dragon Who Just Grew Up. Would you plz go make babbies with my first CB white dragon who is older than dirt? No? Okay, I'll leave you alone for a week, but start thinking dirty thoughts about this Ghost dragon mkay?" Geez, no wonder some dragons refuse to mate.

Hybrids... somehow they're able to have viable offspring?

How do holiday collecting games work on scrolls? We just poke the little festive image that randomly appeared on the piece of paper we list our dragons on?

Shallow water dragon's BSA makes the most sense. Splashes do nothing. biggrin.gif

Hitting refresh on the AP means what exactly? We blink and suddenly there are different eggs there?

You blink, and because there are so many other people grabbing and abandoning eggs, the eggs are new by the time you open your eyes again.

Paper dragons. They are close to reds on a scroll, so why don't they ever go up in flames?

I could be because the scrolls just have pictures of the dragons not the actual dragons

you kill an egg. after 2 weeks where does the broken egg shell go?

After two weeks, you either get over the dead baby, or you decide to stop being lazy and cross it off the scroll. Tahts how i like to think of it. Anyway, for those who have over a thousand dragons, HOW BIG DOES THE SCROLL NEED TO BE?!

After two weeks, you either get over the dead baby, or you decide to stop being lazy and cross it off the scroll. Tahts how i like to think of it. Anyway, for those who have over a thousand dragons, HOW BIG DOES THE SCROLL NEED TO BE?!

I think mine currently weighs about 25 lbs, and is about one foot in diameter, with 3684 dragons currently listed. Fine parchment is a lot heavier than paper would be. If I were simply listing them all on binder paper with 33 to the page, I would be on page 112 which only weighs a few ounces. xd.png

One thing that I always thought was the abandon pile wouldn't they get eaten? Or when you pick up one wouldn't it all fall to the ground? It would be like Jenga with dragon eggs

Hm...I suppose an illogical thing that crossed my mind while casually viewing the Wilderness cave:

How do Neglected dragons wind up in the wilderness cave? O.o I mean, I can't think of any person who would just abandon a neglected dragon. Unless they thought the egg was doomed to die but it somehow made it through.

And for proof; I DID find two neglected dragons in the wild cave

http://dragcave.net/lineage/uSgH & http://dragcave.net/lineage/RC8B

Vampire dragons of course I can understand, cause the eggs do get rejected from scrolls and if they don't find a home they just grow up and wander off

Hm...I suppose an illogical thing that crossed my mind while casually viewing the Wilderness cave:

How do Neglected dragons wind up in the wilderness cave? O.o I mean, I can't think of any person who would just abandon a neglected dragon. Unless they thought the egg was doomed to die but it somehow made it through.

And for proof; I DID find two neglected dragons in the wild cave

http://dragcave.net/lineage/uSgH & http://dragcave.net/lineage/RC8B

Vampire dragons of course I can understand, cause the eggs do get rejected from scrolls and if they don't find a home they just grow up and wander off

They may have come from burned scrolls

They may have come from burned scrolls

Hm...I suppose you do have a point :3 I forgot that when a scroll gets burned the dragons are released to the wilderness

I recently got a cheese egg from the volcano. Shouldn't it have been a melted puddle of goo? LOL

It could be an inactive volcano, or an active volcano that hasn't erupted in hundreds of years (like Mt. Fuji in Japan).

Red dragons must have to be extra careful when using incubate on Paper eggs, huh? Otherwise they might burn them tongue.gif It's a little weird that they never accidentally do...

Red dragons must have to be extra careful when using incubate on Paper eggs, huh? Otherwise they might burn them tongue.gif It's a little weird that they never accidentally do...

Or wind up cooking your chicken eggs for that matter

Hybrids... somehow they're able to have viable offspring?

Thats actually a fairly common thing in nature.

Thats actually a fairly common thing in nature.

Usually not between different species. The most common reason rl hybrids can't produce offspring is because they have an odd number of chromosomes, so during meiosis (creation of gametes, aka sexual cells like eggs/sperm) when the scrambled copies of chromosomes are split in half (to create the half-set of genes one parent contributes to its offspring), the odd number prevents them from being evenly divided when the cell splits.

For example, a donkey has 62 chromosomes, while a horse has 64. The horse-donkey hybrid, either a mule or a hinny, has 63 chromosomes (31 + 32). Half of 63 is 31.5, but you can't have half of a half of a chromosome in a gamete, so unless there's an error in the process most of the eggs or sperm are not viable. Dog breeds (and wolves) have the same number of chromosomes, and are close enough in genetics that their offspring are usually viable (beyond physical limits, which is why you don't see Great Dane-chihuahua mixes laugh.gif ).

Hybrid dragons could be more like the dog/wolf example, but when they breed with a dragon of a different species the offspring are either one parent or the other like usual. I don't know, maybe dragon genetics are more like flowers, with mixing happening in some instances but more likely having one parent's breed be more dominant than the other's, if there is a specific gene controlling "breed". That's the part where science throws up its hands and says, "Because magic, that's why!" xd.png

A few more things I thought of that don't quite make sense:

If you've reached your egg limit and try breeding/catching another one, do your dragons just remind you not to take any more and get rid of extras for you? Or are there dragon police that come by and confiscate your extra eggs? I personally think there's adoption/customs officers that check your scroll before you take your eggs home to make sure you have room for it. laugh.gif

When dragons are killed, they have a headstone for a while before it disappears. Do the dragon owners forget where the grave was? Also, the DC graveyard only shows the most recently dead dragons. Do they just recycle headstones or what?

The description for Black Marrow dragons says "their skull and the top edges of their spine push out from under the skin as they age." Horns I understand, but bits of bone poking through dragon hide sounds really painful, like teething except for their entire life. Ouch.

How do unbreedable eggs show up in the wild? Chickens and dinos I sort of understand as breeding in the wild but not in captivity (because we don't know which gender is which or how to get roosters or something), but where do paper and cheese eggs come from? Yeah, the originals were created by magic gone wrong, but are there wizards secretly making more of them, or have they figured out how to breed on their own?

Usually not between different species. The most common reason rl hybrids can't produce offspring is because they have an odd number of chromosomes, so during meiosis (creation of gametes, aka sexual cells like eggs/sperm) when the scrambled copies of chromosomes are split in half (to create the half-set of genes one parent contributes to its offspring), the odd number prevents them from being evenly divided when the cell splits.

For example, a donkey has 62 chromosomes, while a horse has 64. The horse-donkey hybrid, either a mule or a hinny, has 63 chromosomes (31 + 32). Half of 63 is 31.5, but you can't have half of a half of a chromosome in a gamete, so unless there's an error in the process most of the eggs or sperm are not viable. Dog breeds (and wolves) have the same number of chromosomes, and are close enough in genetics that their offspring are usually viable (beyond physical limits, which is why you don't see Great Dane-chihuahua mixes laugh.gif ).

Hybrid dragons could be more like the dog/wolf example, but when they breed with a dragon of a different species the offspring are either one parent or the other like usual. I don't know, maybe dragon genetics are more like flowers, with mixing happening in some instances but more likely having one parent's breed be more dominant than the other's, if there is a specific gene controlling "breed". That's the part where science throws up its hands and says, "Because magic, that's why!" xd.png

Depends on the animal. Doesnt work well in mammals, but plenty of fish/reptiles can make fertile hybrids with little issue.