dracoon

Illogical Stuff in DC

@Eowynifred, it might be possible if dragon chromosomes came in powers of 2. As in a horse dragon has 64 and a hellfire wyvern has 32. Then a Hellhorse would have 48 (32 + 16)

-how so to Thunder dragon doesn't kill its mate while breeding with thunder or something?

-What is chicken doing in DRAGON cave?

-How you have Christmas dragons on scroll through whole year when they are only appearing in winter season?

-Daydream eggs are sitting on cloud?How they don't fall through cloud?

-Why you would even pick up leetle tree? blink.gif

Edited by Anavi_Ivy

-How you have Christmas dragons on scroll through whole year when they are only appearing in winter season?

They are SKETCHES, not real dragons. You guys miss this detal all the time, surprisingly.

You pick up your scroll and see small sketches of dragons along with information about them.

As for breeding Holidays and such actions - since the dragons belong to you, you just summon them when needed. Simple as that.

They are SKETCHES, not real dragons. You guys miss this detal all the time, surprisingly.

Zombie and Nocturne would like to disagree.

Edited by CNR4806

I'd say they are sketches, but because we are magicians we can make the sketches to disappaer/change their appearance - behave like the real dragons would happy.gif

I'd say they are sketches, but because we are magicians we can make the sketches to disappaer/change their appearance - behave like the real dragons would happy.gif

...like traditional art tools and and sticking parts of paper to 'overwrite' data are too difficult to use or what? I won't mention erasers, back in medieval times there were none. Though I can't stop laughing internally at the image of fixing these data every day. We're all mad.

Edited by Light Concorde

Our dragons being described as fliers. With the exception of wyverns, I can't see our dragons as really having anything other than Polymelia and either the wings or the forelimbs being nonfunctioning extra limbs or defects if we followed logic, mostly due to vertebrate physiology being what it is and having a basic understanding of how musculature actually works. Look at any flying creature in the history of ever, study their skeletal structures, muscle layout and their mechanism of flight, and the hilarity of a functional vertebrate six-limbed flier becomes quite clear. Therefore it makes me laugh myself stupid when people whine about hangbutt with sprites. smile.gif

But this is fantasy with magic to freeze hatchlings forever in a state of infancy or puberty, stab a dragon and have it rise as a zombie, teleport artwork from your scroll / dragons from your cave to another person's scroll / cave, and own a multi-paged scroll where you can change how many pieces of art you see on each page of your rolled up scroll at a whim, so f*** it! xd.png

"This egg is unusually large and heavy. , This egg is soft and smells uncannily like cheese. , This egg is really hot. , This striped egg feels moist. , This hot egg shakes violently when you touch it. , This egg is almost too hot to touch. , This tiny egg is heavier than you expected. , This egg has a velvety texture. , This egg is rather warm. etc."

How do we know all these when "Once an egg has been touched by a human, the human's scent rubs off onto the egg. The mother dragon then will reject the egg and no longer be able to tell that it is her own. "

And how are those eggs not auto abandoned?

Since this is set in Medieval time...

Ahem, Dinos, aren't you supposed to be extinct already?

How long do you think a chicken would last on a world (island?, whatever?) where dragons fly? Also, dinos wear shoes?

How long do you think a chicken would last on a world (island?, whatever?) where dragons fly? Also, dinos wear shoes?

If we're talking about the chickens from Legend of Zelda though ...

You know when a Electic Egg Crackes the Electic is still there?

How does the Hatchling exit the Egg without dying from Electic?

And where do you get your Thropies?

Somehow, every scroll owner draws the exact same picture of each type of dragon.

Simple.

When you get an Egg.

A sticker falls out of the sky.

Its a magic sticker.

You put it on your Scroll.

The Magic sticker changes when the Egg Changes.

so, if I got 1 of Master Taco, when he moves his left leg. Does the left leg on the sticker move?

Edited by Drinking_Water

The Purple hatchling description - "You think it's a girl, although you're not sure how to check."

Now, if you were just starting out raising dragons, sure. But if you've got hundreds of dragons, it's a bit unbelievable that you don't know how to tell if it's male or female.

Come to think of it, how does the gendering work in-universe? What happens when the hatchling matures that lets us know if it's a boy or girl, that we wouldn't have been able to see when it hatched? Quite a few species have fairly obvious dimorphism, true, but there are also a lot where the differences are more in the sprite's pose than physical characteristics (thus they'd look pretty much the same in reality), and of course, non-dimorphic sprites are identical regardless of gender.

Or do the dragons genuinely only develop gender when they hit S2? huh.gif

Or maybe that's when they become telepathically fluent enough to just tell us. laugh.gif

---

You know when a Electic Egg Crackes the Electic is still there?

How does the Hatchling exit the Egg without dying from Electic?

I think Electric dragons are immune to electric shocks, so the electricity around the egg wouldn't hurt the baby.

The Purple hatchling description - "You think it's a girl, although you're not sure how to check."

Now, if you were just starting out raising dragons, sure. But if you've got hundreds of dragons, it's a bit unbelievable that you don't know how to tell if it's male or female.

Come to think of it, how does the gendering work in-universe? What happens when the hatchling matures that lets us know if it's a boy or girl, that we wouldn't have been able to see when it hatched? Quite a few species have fairly obvious dimorphism, true, but there are also a lot where the differences are more in the sprite's pose than physical characteristics (thus they'd look pretty much the same in reality), and of course, non-dimorphic sprites are identical regardless of gender.

Or do the dragons genuinely only develop gender when they hit S2?  huh.gif

Or maybe that's when they become telepathically fluent enough to just tell us.  laugh.gif

---

I think Electric dragons are immune to electric shocks, so the electricity around the egg wouldn't hurt the baby.

In many reptile species, it's nearly impossible to tell the sex of the animal until it has nearly reached adulthood. I've always just assumed that dragons are just as hard to sex, at least until they reach a certain size or begin to display dimorphism. smile.gif

Although I like your idea that maybe we have to wait until they're old enough to tell us themselves (or perhaps for one of our adults to be able to tell, and to tell us). That seems a bit more respectful than lifting up their tails every now and again to check. tongue.gif

Also the hatchling description for purples still says that you think it's a girl even if it genders male

Or do the dragons genuinely only develop gender when they hit S2?  huh.gif

Or maybe that's when they become telepathically fluent enough to just tell us.  laugh.gif

---

This made me have a mental image:

Owner: *pokes hatchling* Hey, what gender are you?

Hatchling: dry.gif

Personally I think it's strange that when our dragons breed they let us take the eggs and do whatever we want with them. I mean ok, they're at least somewhat domesticated, but still you'd think the mother would be upset about you taking her child and letting the Vampire kill it. xd.png

Another possibilty: the dragons leave a psychic imprint of themselves on the page. Like a pawprint as an identifying marker, which changes as they age.

Sadly, this doesn't explain at all why they're all the same.... unsure.gif

Maybe they only look the same to humans

Dragons don't communicate with each other verbally.

And....

These emotive creatures employ an impressive vocabulary...to communicate with one another.

(First one is on all adult dragons' pages, second one only on adult Howlers'.)

See the controversy?

The "dragons don't communicate verbally" is most likely referring to the lack of a spoken language (since verbal = spoken), though of course dragons use standard sounds like roars, hisses, growls, etc. The Howler's vocabulary is "loud chortles, shrieks, and songs", not actual words. Drakes are very unintelligent anyway so I'd surprised if they could learn a spoken language, beyond simple parroting.

The terminology is definitely confusing. x.x

Edited by Dimar

Yes, I see your point, but I took verbal as any sound that had some sort of meaning behind it (to its speaker), not just what we classify as a word.

Yes, I see your point, but I took verbal as any sound that had some sort of meaning behind it (to its speaker), not just what we classify as a word.

Verbal specifically deals with speaking (as in words, not just noises):

-relating to or in the form of words

• spoken rather than written; oral

• tending to talk a lot

Dragons can be vocal though:

1 of or relating to the human voice: nonlinguistic vocal effects like laughs and sobs.

• Anatomy used in the production of speech sounds (this definition specifically, as the others deal with human voice)

• Phonetics (of a sound in speech) made with the voice rather than the breath alone; voiced. (actually this definition fits, too, slightly)

2 expressing opinions or feelings freely or loudly

3 (of music) consisting of or incorporating singing.

...but dragons are not verbal because they don't make words with the sounds that they make. Words are a bit different than simple grunts, roars, and clicks, though they are made of such noises when spoken. Words can be written and usually have to be learned to be understood, unlike natural oral sounds.

That's the difference. c:

Edited by edwardelricfreak

If we're talking about the chickens from Legend of Zelda though ...

Wouldn't we die if we tried to kill one?