joiner123

Battling

I don't want a text-based system if this even was implemented(which it probably won't).People could simply write:"(USER)'s Dragon destrpyed(Opponnent)'s Dragon!"So,ya know....I don't support this idea,because I don't want anymore creatures-Digital OR real/alive-to get hurt/used for human entertainment.Also,for the breding point,the males/females could be unimpressed with the loser and refuse to breed with them.

On topic, I'm all for a textbased battle system. I do NOT want to end up making sprites for battling dragons...

I was thinking just using the current sprites. As for how it would be text-based, the player would have no input except clicking "allow dragon to fight" or something similar. All other text would be generated.

One question, should this be allowed to be multi-player (as in one person's dragon against another person's dragon) or within one person's scroll only? If it is to be multi-player, it would be easier to code to where you click "allow dragon to fight", it is entered into a system and matched randomly with another dragon in its range. That way the human has no choice on which dragon fight which. I would even prefer this if it were on one person's scroll only.

What I mean by range is like Beginner, Intemediate, Advanced, Expert. The more battles the dragon wins, the higher their range. So like 1-10 is Beginner, 10-30 is Intermediate, 31-60 is Advanced, and 60+ is Expert.

I was thinking just using the current sprites. As for how it would be text-based, the player would have no input except clicking "allow dragon to fight" or something similar. All other text would be generated.

One question, should this be allowed to be multi-player (as in one person's dragon against another person's dragon) or within one person's scroll only? If it is to be multi-player, it would be easier to code to where you click "allow dragon to fight", it is entered into a system and matched randomly with another dragon in its range. That way the human has no choice on which dragon fight which. I would even prefer this if it were on one person's scroll only.

What I mean by range is like Beginner, Intemediate, Advanced, Expert. The more battles the dragon wins, the higher their range. So like 1-10 is Beginner, 10-30 is Intermediate, 31-60 is Advanced, and 60+ is Expert.

I'd prefer multi=player, so everyone can test their dragons against each other. Does it have to be one or the other though?

The ranger idea, yeah I'll agree thats always a good thing to have.

NO! Absolutely NO!

I like this game precisely because it's not a pet site. I'm tired and sick of pet sites, where either you're extremely good, or you "lick". It's hard enough for a few of us, with slow connections, getting rare eggs. Imagine having extra features, such as fighting, on the site!

Anyways, I am completely against this sort of games. Pushing animals to fight, for human amusement, is simply wrong. The fact that these are pixel art, doesn't make the concept any less wrong.

I agree!!

Thats the reason i joined Dragon cave .

I hate pet sites

I agree!!

Thats the reason i joined Dragon cave .

I hate pet sites

Save your call, we're discussing how to implement it. We've got a coder. I'm sure there will be a vote or not at the end, when its done. Either way, just saying "no" won't help get something to the point where we an fully decide on it.

Take Teleport, some of us hate it, some of us love it. But some are changing their mind on it as TJ09 updates it. Now please let everyone try to come up with something at the very least, and decide at the end if its needed or not. But then some of you supporting it may have changed your mind and some of you against it may have likewise changed your mind.

Besides, its going to just be an option. It won't change the game too much that way, your not forced to do it. huh.gif

Edit:

You can't make up your mind fully until you see the product. Its like having to hand wash your clothes and then suddenly having a washing machine given to you. You may or my not like it, but you can't decide until you've washed some clothes in it can you?

Edited by Geobreeder

So any suggestions on theme of battling if it ever happens? I was thinking before you battle there is a 50% chance your dragon will not like to battle and you can't do anything about it. However you can try again in 24 hours. Any ideas?

I'd prefer multi=player, so everyone can test their dragons against each other. Does it have to be one or the other though?

The ranger idea, yeah I'll agree thats always a good thing to have.

No, I could put in an option that you have to choose whether you will allow those dragons to spar only with other dragons on your scroll. Like having an indoor arena at your stable to practice jumps with horses, except in this case all you are doing is refusing to transport the dragon off to an arena elsewhere. wink.gif Of course, this could be done on a per dragon basis or a per day basis.

No, I could put in an option that you have to choose whether you will allow those dragons to spar only with other dragons on your scroll. Like having an indoor arena at your stable to practice jumps with horses, except in this case all you are doing is refusing to transport the dragon off to an arena elsewhere. wink.gif Of course, this could be done on a per dragon basis or a per day basis.

^ This. I love the idea of, say, conditioning your dragons before releasing them to the world. It just brings a layer of closeness, you know?... Okay, I'm a little weird...

you battle pokemon because they were ment to battle with moves and abilities, and to create bonds and win badges. I like pokemon, but this is dragcave! sure some dragons fight for food and stuff, but its not like you can go out and battle people with them. I STRONGLY disagree with fighting dragons, like so many otheres.

I disagree with this. I wouldn't use it, and to be honest, I doubt I'd take a second look at anyone who asked me to put one of my 'babies' (even if they are pixels) up to fight any other dragon. /end of my story.

Well:

1- its not going to end up like pokemon at all. We're trying to work things out. Pokemon isn't the only RPG like element based game and there were games similar to it before it came out.

2- well I think we're saying its optional anyway.

Pokemon came out in 1996.

Shining Force with RPG elements in it but abide not a collecting game was out in 1992. And it shares *some* elements like pokemon. Its sequel was in 1994.

All pokemon did was take the various things RPGs did previous and find a new way of doing them. The way it did them was unique, but nothing else it had in it was unique. When I think of "evolution" I say, "Well Shining Force let you promote characters" pretty much the same as pokemon only not so complex.

"What Not To Suggest" is there more so people can know what suggestions have been repeatedly rejected. It should not be used as a basis for denying suggestions; public opinion shifts, and things that were previously disliked by the majority may be favored now. So how about we let the users decide rather than instantly opposing the suggestion for an invalid reason.

For the record, if a 3rd party developer is interested in this, it's definitely possible to do via the API, especially with the API updates I've been working on.

Aha! So batteling is ok to discuss now. Is it the same for feeding etc.? Cause I rather feed them etc than have them battle to be honest.

I guess if I could have the dragons on my own scroll battle each other as well, I'm up for it. That way I'd have something to do while I'm bored.

So what could be the format of battling? What would happen? I was kind of thinking that there could be different places with different terrains where you battle. wink.gif

I don't really like the idea but I'm not going to complain about it either. If it does get employed, I just won't use it. Like many have said, there are plenty of other things to do while on the computer to pass the time -)

So what could be the format of battling? What would happen? I was kind of thinking that there could be different places with different terrains where you battle. wink.gif

I'm not going to say it isn't possible, but personally I would rather start small. Adding things like terrain and such can be done later.

Well, once I did suggest battling for mates if there would be a refusal to breed. I think battling at the scrollkeeper's wish is a bit boring. But battling to breed is more like nature. There is this one type of beetle that battles for the right to breed. The loser gets thrown off the log. xd.png

I'd really rather not see this.

If it is implemented can we have an option in our settings, "Do not allow other members to send me battle requests"? Cause I don't want a petsite or I'd be here. This is a collecting and breeding game, that's what I signed up for, I have absolutely zero interest in battling and I don't want to be spammed with request.

I think it would be a great idea, and it would add a whole new level to dragon cave. Maybe have like the stronger your dragon gets the more powerfull offspring it can have and have like a leader board with the number 1 user on it which changes daily. tongue.gif

I think it would be a great idea, and it would add a whole new level to dragon cave. Maybe have like the stronger your dragon gets the more powerfull offspring it can have and have like a leader board with the number 1 user on it which changes daily. tongue.gif

Even as someone's been supporting this option, I don't like this as a suggestion.

Mostly its because it would force people to battle. If people who did battle got obvious benefits than people would need to do so to be on equal footing. Battling should be like lineage- yes, it can have stats and levels, perhaps (equivalent of purebreds or CB) but the value of those statistics shouldn't be intrinsic.

The only way I would be interested in this is if it were like a strategy game.

Making an army of so many dragons and using "fight", "defend", "move", or "ability". Each dragon would have specific stats as a species....also, no leveling up.

I also wouldn't want it to interfere with the way the game is in any way.

Even then I'm not sure if I'd want something like this :/

If it is implemented can we have an option in our settings, "Do not allow other members to send me battle requests"? Cause I don't want a petsite or I'd be here. This is a collecting and breeding game, that's what I signed up for, I have absolutely zero interest in battling and I don't want to be spammed with request.

This. I barely even breed, I'm way to lazy to have to battle (which is why I like this game - because I don't have to). :3

unsure.gif *asks permission to hide in airaani's corner* xd.png

This. I do not want to battle and if this is implemented, I would not want any battling requests.